Leave/PTDY

Was wanting to know how leave will work when I will be having the Christmas Exodus during basic training. Also how will my wife get down to Fort Rucker after basic training? I thought we don't get leave if you go on Christmas Exodus because you are "in the hole". If someone could tell me how all of this will work I would appreciate it.

Here is an article from a website that is geared more towards spouses:

http://marriedtothearmy.com/army-training-exodus-at-christmas/

And then there is this letter that has been shared before i think about when we (non-prior service) PCS to rucker.

http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/wocc/repository/ALARACT_155_2011_TRAINING%20TRAVEL%20GUIDANCE.pdf

Hopefully those help!

You can go negative on your accrued leave, though I've heard finance recommend against it. (Something about being taxed on it twice, but I don't know that I've ever noticed anything like that...)

Being guard, I never get too many days accrued before it seems like it's time for exodus, or something. I've been in the hole almost every time, I think.

• 4 weeks later...

You'll get Christmas Exodus, and if you have a break between training you can put in a leave request. There are frequent 3 and 4 day weekends, and for those you can just take a pass and not get charged leave.

There is emergency leave, of course, if something urgent comes up.

• Like 1

Don't know about BCT, but in WOCS it is no problem to leave if you have a family emergency. They'll likely pull you from that class but put you in the next one where you left off at. So if you leave week four, you'll start at week four in the next.

Has anybody here gotten married while in training? I'm worried that if i don't go down to the courthouse before I ship, i'll never get a break to have a wedding hence not having my fiancee on post with me. I know that sounds a little pessimistic but just curious if anyone else has faced a similar situation.

Do it once you start flight training and it shouldn't be a problem. A student of mine did it over a four day weekend. Your flight commander can authorize 2 training days missed. After that you'd probably be set back depending on how far the class is behind. We were rarely ahead and from what I've heard the bubble is still there for most airframes. At any rate just notify your section leader after the in-brief and tell him your plans and he can work with ya.