WOCC-Things you wish you would have known

Hey everyone,

Im creating this topic because I'm creating a checklist for myself of things to do or have done to be 100% for WOCC.

i.e.

I just read that you report in Class A's and that when you are doing the Phase I(DL) that you need to print off copies of your test scores because they do not save them.

Please throw in some things we should know or things you wish you would have known before starting WOCC!

Goodluck to those applying and Congrats to those who have been selected!!

Okay gotcha. Can anything be done to prepare? Aside from stenciling, I will do this when I first get there (to ensure it is done right). Still not 100% sure on where there is lol! HHC, or 1st WOC can some one break this down? As I understand it you report 10 days early to HHC? you prepare, buy the items you need, visit the troop store... and then on your actual report date is when you run across a parking lot to 1st WOC?

If they had gold rank on then they were probably not miserable. The senior class who is just about to graduate gets to wear gold rank. I had a CW4 pin me. Its actually a really cool thing. Once we were pinned we had one foot out the door. Graduation requirements were all met and we just went through the motions for a few more days until we got our real rank.

A bunch of us showed up (to the wrong place) the weekend before we started and did most of our in-processing after moving across the street and actually starting WOCS. It worked out fine although it was a little busy. IIRC reception is candidate led anyway, so it's not like you'll have TAC officers busting your balls the whole time.

In processing is done by candidates, but don't act a fool because there are plenty of CWs in HHC who can, and will, bust people for acting stupid. One is really good at it too. Never on the receiving end myself, but saw it a few times.

Any of you headed there this Sunday Class 13-009?

I have a few questions as well.

My orders say to report in ASU's and my Orientation Packet says to report in ACU's. I'm confused as to which is correct, I also called HHC twice and I got 2 different answers...And what time should we get there on our report date? Again I have gotten multiple answers ranging from "try to be there before 0800" to "don't show up until 1400". My report date is this Sunday so I'm wondering if it being on a Sunday has any bearing on time.

Also are there any sure fire deal breakers that will automatically send you packing? Such as paperwork missing etc? I've gone over everything countless times but I just want to make sure.

Also do they give the "overweight" guys a hard time or do they just not care as long as you meet the body fat standards? I'm short and bulky and have been this way for my whole career (being a Tanker will pack the muscle on you over the years). Hopefully they don't frown upon those who have to be taped. PT is no problem for me (scored 286 last record). I just don't want to get on the radar right away.

And when is the entry PT test? Is it during the 10 day in processing phase or is it on day 0 of actual WOCS?

Thanks in advance.

Any of you headed there this Sunday Class 13-009?

I have a few questions as well.

My orders say to report in ASU's and my Orientation Packet says to report in ACU's. I'm confused as to which is correct, I also called HHC twice and I got 2 different answers...And what time should we get there on our report date? Again I have gotten multiple answers ranging from "try to be there before 0800" to "don't show up until 1400". My report date is this Sunday so I'm wondering if it being on a Sunday has any bearing on time.

Also are there any sure fire deal breakers that will automatically send you packing? Such as paperwork missing etc? I've gone over everything countless times but I just want to make sure.

Also do they give the "overweight" guys a hard time or do they just not care as long as you meet the body fat standards? I'm short and bulky and have been this way for my whole career (being a Tanker will pack the muscle on you over the years). Hopefully they don't frown upon those who have to be taped. PT is no problem for me (scored 286 last record). I just don't want to get on the radar right away.

And when is the entry PT test? Is it during the 10 day in processing phase or is it on day 0 of actual WOCS?

Thanks in advance.

IIRC PT test is right before you start WOCS.

As for the ASU vs ACU, I would make sure when I called to ask "blues vs ACU." Some people get confused by ASU and think you're talking about the combat uniform still. Don't know why but it happens...

We all reported in ACU's and every other class I saw did as well. Unless they changed something recently I would report in ACU's. It should be on the WOCC website. And the PT test is the day that you get picked up (at the end of in processing). Basically the failures go back to hold over and the guys that pass get picked up with the new class. Some people that failed got sent packing the same day, others they let retake the PT test, just depends on your unit.

Thanks for the replies guys. Few more questions.

What do we do for 10 days? Is it all in-processing or is there training and pt? Are we confined to a certain area or can we leave post? Id like to goto the gym will I have time? What about using my pov to get around during these 10 days? Do we have weekends off?

Just want to get a gauge of day to day life for these 10 days before class actually starts. Called HHC again today but the guy just got there and had no idea.

Thanks again.

You basically just do inprocessing stuff and "hang out" for the most part. In general PT is somewhat discouraged as they dont want you getting hurt running right before the PT test. Pushups and situps are fair game in your room. Don't expect much, its pretty relaxed just go here go there, typical army stuff. You have your POV for a few days then they park them all in the lot. I had time to buy boots finish marking up a few things and you have your phone the whole time. But once you get picked up everything changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else attending the 5 week class starting in May? It's getting close and to be honest, I'm starting to get a little nervous. A lot of people have said we should read the SOP, but I havent been able to find one dated later than 2007. I have a lot to do, and still need to get my PT up to par... guess I'll get back to my studies. Thanks for the info you have all provided so far.