Nov 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Absolutely speechless. Thank you.....I was prepping half the day how I was gonna go in and lay into my recruiting office tomorrow if I didn't make it on the board (2 years and 6 recruiters stole all the faith and trust I had they could get this done)

Haha trust me I know that pain. All worth it now though! Get projected and to MEPS as soon as you can.

I'm with BDP on this one, I'm really happy for all of you guys! I know how badly we all want it! A big congrats!!

2ndGenArmyAviator, I'm sorry you didn't get selected man! But it wasn't in the cards. You're lucky enough to have you PPL already so at least you still get to fly! I wish you the best of luck with your future!

Hey I've been a long time follower of this thread (and I want to thank you guys because I was able to keep up to date - especially with the AFAST/SIFT change - because of posts). I am a civilian applicant and have applied to the November WOFT board.

First of all, I want to congratulate all those who have been accepted.

Second, I was wondering if anyone could help with how to find out about the results. My recruiters have yet to call me and I'm going crazy with anticipation! I've thought of calling that number provided but was wondering if they frown upon that type of thing.

Well, I have gotten word from a fellow board member and selectee that I was a NS on this board as well so apparently I am one of the three. Congrats to everyone here who was and will be selected and good luck to you all along the way. I turn 33 in January so I won't have the time to wait out the six months for a third attempt. Thank you very much to everyone for looking out for a fellow pilot :)

Good luck to all!

I was in your same boat after the May board. My 33rd birthday was the day before the batallion board so when they turned in my packet I was turned down due to the age.

Not sure what your plans are at this point, but if I were you I would try for the age waiver. Write a paragraph on why you should be picked, more so why it took you so long to try and apply, (hardships, family obligations, whatever but that is what I was told to do). The process took several months to go through, but I was put back in for September and selected. I dont know your stats, but if you turn in a waiver, improve where you can, and really show the board that you are serious and determined to become an Army Aviator you may have a good shot. If you have any questions, or want help on that, shoot me a message.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi all, I've never actually posted here, but this site has been a tremendous help throughout the packet process especially for the physical part. My husband is a drill sergeant so all of you AD know the crazy hours that entails. Lucky for him he is busy training recruits 24-7 to keep from going crazy from anticipation at the computer screen, but he said 'watch that helicopter forum to see if I need to go check!' Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet and congrats to all who have heard!