Jan 2014 WOFT Board

USAREC site says this about 153A, as well as other MOSs:

"If you have the prerequisite experience for these Warrant Officer MOS' and the desire to submit a packet, then your chances of being selected on the second board of FY 14 is extremely HIGH!"

Is this to say that you're almost guaranteed to be selected if you meet the minimum and don't have packet issues (like errors, or lying about something in your past, etc.)? So they'd compromise 'quality' just because they are short applicants?

I would say yes and no. Yes, the ones who are not as good on paper will have a better chance at making it. No because I've seen some people who were total POSs in early in their life and turned in to the some of the best pilots I know in their late 20s early 30s. You could argue someone will get in that would have missed out and that someone could still be top notch. Argument goes both ways though, it's a crap shoot really.

• Like 1

I wrote a response to this earlier but was looking for the right word to describe it, crap shoot is the right term I suppose.

[quote name="TriViper" post="146996" timestamp="

"If you have the prerequisite experience for these Warrant Officer MOS' and the desire to submit a packet, then your chances of being selected on the second board of FY 14 is extremely HIGH!"

Is this to say that you're almost guaranteed to be selected if you meet the minimum and don't have packet issues (like errors, or lying about something in your past, etc)? So they'd compromise 'quality' just because they are short applicants?

No. I dont take it to mean that, necessarily. I spoke w a family friend (for the first time...) last night. He is ret. now, flew 58s and 64s. According to him, the draw down is real and affecting. BUT, they are short on applicants. He related the selection cycles from vietnam, dstorm, to now. IMHO, what I see is a reduction of force (hell ive read recent articles about Army cutting alot of Maj and Capt.) but there is a need to fill certain MOSs. I assume its not everyday someone w the 'right stuff' drops a WOFT package in. In short, despite what is happening in the congressional buget and war(s), my research tells me that Army pilot accessions are below the effusion and they will take the right applicants. Just bc ROF is happening, doesnt mean they dont need pilots, SF, or whatever. WE WILL KNOW IN A FEW DAYS( not sure if I should knock on wood, God help us.) When I first met w my recruiter about 5 months ago, he told me the Army needs more pilots. I showed him the USAREC post were talking about plus other things on that site ive brought up here. That site, w the exception of the WOFT page, pertains to AD. I was told by my BTN NCOIC that I was lucky bc my region currently only has two WOFT slots left until they get allocated more and some recruiters have had to turn ppl away due to that. I'll say it again, who knows, man. I would think a message like that is a good indication regardless of being civ applicant or AD, but doesn't mean they take you just bc you applied. We'll find out in a few days.

I can't believe our future for the next decade or so (at least) is being decided RIGHT NOW!! I know a lot of us have wives and kids that are riding on this too. I hope we all find out sooner rather than later and it's good news for all!

P.S. Please keep everyone updated! I know the last board some found out much sooner than others (even some recruiters were kept in the dark a week later)! :)

GOOD LUCK

Good Luck to those that made it onto this board. I think typically like I3uller said that unless there's extenuating circumstances everybody starts to find out Tuesday and Wednesday.

I'm hoping for maybe the May board at this point since I still haven't received my Marine Corps medical records. Bright side for me is I should finish my Airplane Multi-engine instrument by then and be working on my commercial.