January Selection Board

FYI,

"***JANUARY WARRANT OFFICER SELECTION BOARD (WOSB) DELAYED TO 5-9 FEBRUARY 2018***

Packets reaching a "board ready" status between now and 5 FEB 18 will be held until the MARCH WOSB. The New Packet submission deadline for the March WOSB remains 26 JAN 18.

I had my BN board on 9 DEC. Not exactly sure when if it reached board ready status that day or after. I know the January board cutoff was 5 DEC. Does anybody have some insight as to whether my packet will be pushed on the January board or likely end up in March?

I have seen some posts from earlier this year mentioning that packets were submitted to the soonest board, even after submission past cutoff dates.

I had my BN board on 9 DEC. Not exactly sure when if it reached board ready status that day or after. I know the January board cutoff was 5 DEC. Does anybody have some insight as to whether my packet will be pushed on the January board or likely end up in March?

I have seen some posts from earlier this year mentioning that packets were submitted to the soonest board, even after submission past cutoff dates.

It depends. Are you AD (in any branch) going 153A or a civilian going WOFT? The cut off dates tend to only apply to AD packets. Civlian packets can be submitted up to a week prior to the actual board in most scenarios.

Your packet should have been submitted within 5 business days of the BN board. If you passed the BN board that is..

Hello,

I'll post my stats when I wake up in the morning. I'm a civilian applicant from Texas and I came across this thread when checking on the USAREC board for January...bummer.

I had my BN board on December 20. I was looking forward to some news this week but looks like I'll have to wait a little longer.

I was selected at the battalion board 13 Dec and my packet sent to Rucker. Does this delay message apply to myself and others that have packets at Rucker already?

Yeah this delay will affect you as well. Typically the civilians are looked at the first couple days a board convenes (from what I read). As I told scanmom, if you PM me your name and email, Ill let you know the results as soon as they notify us (USAREC).

My stats:
GT: 122
SIFT: 44
APFT: 265
Military: none
Military Experience: none
Civilian Ed: 135 credits towards BS in Aviation Science
Flight: 178.5 SEL Fixed Wing PPL
Physical: Complete and stamped
Waivers: none
LOR: Chief of Police from my last agency, Retired LTC, Retired Maj (Aviation), CW3 (UH60 reserve), CW4 (AD AH64), and a BG from the Air Force.

I spend the last 6 years working for a Police Agency near Fort Hood and spent every day I worked looking at Chinooks, Blackhawks, and Apaches. My Battalion board for the Dallas region had 3 OCS candidates and I was the only WOFT applicant.

• Like 1

Turns out no news *isnt* good news. My recruiter said that my packet should be good to go after my Battalion Board back in Dec 13 2017. Medical was completed in November. Luckily I am grateful that a member here messaged me that I was showing up as NOT board ready. Apparently my medical hasnt been reviewed at rucker and my age waiver is still pending. I have literally been waiting around thinking everything was g2g after my recruiter said only thing left to do was wait for Jan 22nd. Turns out that was the worst advice. Does anyone have a # to get this age waiver and medical expedited ASAP? The recruiter has contacted Ops, but Im trying alternate channels as well.

Please advise.

***Also, I've tried calling Mr.Garcia at Ft.Rucker to check on my medical. The # 334-598-8955 is not working. Does anyone have his full name and contact info.

EDIT* JH11B, Thank you.

Anthony2447 Thank you as well. Your PMs have really helped out.

Turns out no news *isnt* good news. My recruiter said that my packet should be good to go after my Battalion Board back in Dec 2013. Medical was completed in November. Luckily I am grateful that a member here messaged me that I was showing up as NOT board ready. Apparently my medical hasnt been reviewed at rucker and my age waiver is still pending. I have literally been waiting around thinking everything was g2g after my recruiter said only thing left to do was wait for Jan 22nd. Turns out that was the worst advice. Does anyone have a # to get this age waiver and medical expedited ASAP? The recruiter has contacted Ops, but Im trying alternate channels as well.

Please advise.

***Also, I've tried calling Mr.Garcia at Ft.Rucker to check on my medical. The # 334-598-8955 is not working. Does anyone have his full name and contact info.

EDIT* JH11B, Thank you.

Anthony2447 Thank you as well. Your PMs have really helped out.

No problem, its unfortunate but I am glad you were able to get them working on this now. Better then finding out when the results were released. Good news is with the delay, the March board in only right around the corner.

First time post here, I've submitted my package and it should be up for review on the Jan (now Feb) board. I mostly just hang out in the shadows and try to soak up as much info as I can and this forum has been a huge reason I was able to successfully build my package so thank you to all who contribute. Anthony2447 you seem to have a pretty solid grasp on some of the board info with regards to the civilian applicants but is there any info on sister service numbers? Applicants, quotas, etc.?

• Like 1

First time post here, I've submitted my package and it should be up for review on the Jan (now Feb) board. I mostly just hang out in the shadows and try to soak up as much info as I can and this forum has been a huge reason I was able to successfully build my package so thank you to all who contribute. Anthony2447 you seem to have a pretty solid grasp on some of the board info with regards to the civilian applicants but is there any info on sister service numbers? Applicants, quotas, etc.?

Joe,

I do not have any information in regards to Active Duty guys applying, I am in the same boat and getting looked at as well so I wish I did. Looking at historical data, over the last four boards 387 applied and 284 were accepted (73%). The numbers are a little skewed though since NS get looked at twice so if you consider that it was not actually 387 separate applicants the acceptance percentage is actually higher. Keep in mind of those 387 packets that were actually boarded, there were probably a 1000 plus who started the process but did not make it a long the way for one reason or the other. The WOFT (153A) program is definitely not as "easy" as these numbers may portray.

My stats:

GT: 124
SIFT: 60
APFT: 266
Military: 8 years A/D USMC E-6
Military Experience: 2 deployments Afghanistan as Machinegun squad leader, various leadership courses, meritorious SSGT
Civilian Ed: H/S
Flight: None
Physical: Complete and stamped
Waivers: none
LOR: CO, BN, CWO-5

Thanks for that info. I in no way think that this program is easy to be accepted to but I do hear that now is the time to apply. I'm currently instructing at Advanced Machine Gun Course and we have a class on deck right now so I've been able to keep my mind off the board during the week but I spend most of my off time stressing about it. Looking at the stats of fellow posters makes me worry a bit because it seems like everyone has college going for them. I know that's not a make or break but it does show the board that they will be successful in a flight school environment. Just a rant from an anxious applicant.

USAREC did quite a few last minute updates last week prior to the board convening yesterday. Here are the updated "Board Ready" packet numbers:

30 Applicants

28 Males, 2 Females

23 NPS, 7 PS

ED: 14 BS/BA, 2 AS/AA, 14 HS

AVG PT: 258

AVG GT: 125

AVG GPA: 2.9

AVG SIFT: 58

Good luck to everyone! I will keep an eye on the Spansite for the posted results. Most likely tomorrow afternoon sometime but as early as today.

• Like 1