Preparing for SERE

I know WOCS is the next goal in sight, but I can't help but worry about going through SERE. I'm not really looking for any information about how the course is ran. I am concerned about my mediocre land navigation skills and am worried that if I bomb it I won't even get a chance to go to flight school. How many chances do WOFT candidates get for SERE?

As I understand it, as long as you are not an integrity violator, you go through until you pass. That does not mean that you wont have to repeat the entire 3 weeks though. I honestly wouldnt worry about it. That course is designed to give you tools. If you suck at land nav , there are 2-4 other people with you who can help. And if you all suck, you will get good at the Resist and escape portions. Win-win

Concentrate on your 25 meter targets. All of these schools are designed for a kid off the street to make it through. Good luck!!

Close 99% of people who start at WOCS make it to flight school graduation. It’s nearly impossible to fail out or get kicked out, they’ll just keep pushing you along until you’re “good enough”. Study hard and do well because your life and others’ are at stake but know that if you don’t quit you will make it pretty much no matter what. The Army isn’t about standards, it’s about making chiclets green and numbers through the pipeline do that.

As I understand it, as long as you are not an integrity violator, you go through until you pass. That does not mean that you wont have to repeat the entire 3 weeks though. I honestly wouldnt worry about it. That course is designed to give you tools. If you suck at land nav , there are 2-4 other people with you who can help. And if you all suck, you will get good at the Resist and escape portions. Win-win

Concentrate on your 25 meter targets. All of these schools are designed for a kid off the street to make it through. Good luck!!

The thing that most people recycle SERE for is medical or land nav. If youre worried about it, take it seriously in WOCS and the other opportunities you get to practice. The land nav test you do with a partner is actually quite difficult, if Im being honest.

I know WOCS is the next goal in sight, but I can't help but worry about going through SERE. I'm not really looking for any information about how the course is ran. I am concerned about my mediocre land navigation skills and am worried that if I bomb it I won't even get a chance to go to flight school. How many chances do WOFT candidates get for SERE?

I know a guy who took at least four attempts at SERE.

• 2 months later...