Is my packet strong?

Hello im a civilian and i have my packet basically complete and ready to send it on its way, but was wondering if its possible i can get some one who is high in this field to look over my LOR and essay to see if its strong and that i have a good chance, possible points to improve and to make sure my grammar is correct. Any help is appreciated!

But i dont have any LOR of AD personal or Prior service since im not close to anyone and opted to do ones that know me well.

Civilian 

Sift: 51

Gt: 115

APFT : 248 EDIT* 279 after training and retaking it

LOR: 2 teachers i helped for the 4 years of highschool, Ex-boss (civ), Senior library manager

No college

Where do you live? I’d put some serious effort into finding a current or retired warrant officer to get a recommendation from. While your teachers know you well they can’t really provide a good recommendation on whether or not you’d be successful in the military since they have no idea what that takes. 

Improving your APFT may help and is something relatively easy to do on your own.

1 hour ago, Thedude said:

Where do you live? I’d put some serious effort into finding a current or retired warrant officer to get a recommendation from. While your teachers know you well they can’t really provide a good recommendation on whether or not you’d be successful in the military since they have no idea what that takes. 

Improving your APFT may help and is something relatively easy to do on your own.

Unfortunately i live dead smack central Florida, and at most could get my apft up by ten points.

1 hour ago, Axesteel said:

Unfortunately i live dead smack central Florida, and at most could get my apft up by ten points.

Well then, you better get it up by 10 points...and then about 40 more because you're 18 and should be running circles around the 30+ year olds applying. "At most" isn't going to cut it. Everyone here is capable of getting a 300, but you have to be willing to put in the time and effort. Plus, you have 14 years to improve your package. Take your time and do it right the first time. 

24 minutes ago, Axesteel said:

after tonight i should be at 275 is that good?

I think you are confused about how the process works. Nothing is "good" not even 300 APFT. It is a whole person concept. Improve everything until you cannot improve it anymore. Simple. Otherwise, you are leaving room for another candidate to take your spot. The point is that no one on here or anywhere else can tell you for sure whether you will be selected.

• Like 1

Finish your packet and turn it in.  If they say no then work on improving it.  Anything else is just wasting time, don’t hold it back worrying about being competitive.  Complete it ASAP, turn it in.  It’s that easy.

Edited by SBuzzkill

Axesteel I think you should try and get in touch with a army aviation unit and try and get an interview with at least a W4 to get a letter of recommendation. When you do the interview dress nice and get a haircut. All the guys 18 year olds in flight school with me at least had one Warrant Letter of recommendation.

59 minutes ago, Simpsj17 said:

Axesteel I think you should try and get in touch with a army aviation unit and try and get an interview with at least a W4 to get a letter of recommendation. When you do the interview dress nice and get a haircut. All the guys 18 year olds in flight school with me at least had one Warrant Letter of recommendation.

unfortunately packet due date is Monday, if i dont get selected this go around then ill go to an avation unit, can i pm you my essay? its pretty strong imo,

• Like 1