JAN BOARD RES

Just now, Axesteel said:

Also all other 15 series mos, except for one more 15R are taking up all the way till like August, Was on call from the Rock today about it.

Don't know what you're trying to say, but what I was getting at was Uniforms and Tangos have the opportunity to actually fly and get a better feel for how flights actually go, along with bonding with all sorts of pilots in missions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mike0331 said:

A job like 15T will allow you to be an aircrew member. Again man -- why wouldn't you listen to everyone here and wait at least until the next board? If selected while in basic you might be able to divert into the WOFT program, or you might not. 

Because personal situations arose, and there isn't any other 15 series mos open till around august. And if i do get accepted i was told i can re class after basic, im still going to update my packet and make it the best i can.

1 minute ago, Shibagod said:

Don't know what you're trying to say, but what I was getting at was Uniforms and Tangos have the opportunity to actually fly and get a better feel for how flights actually go, along with bonding with all sorts of pilots in missions.

or i could even push off the basic date and just have it right after woft board and see if i get selected then or not and then just RENO at that point.

Just now, Axesteel said:

Because personal situations arose, and there isn't any other 15 series mos open till around august. And if i do get accepted i was told i can re class after basic, im still going to update my packet and make it the best i can.

Reclassing is no where near that easy, whoever is telling you that is selling snake oil.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shibagod said:

There are no slots open for 15T or 15U till around august and wont ship till like a month after  that

1 minute ago, Thedude said:

I highly doubt that the Army will allow you to enlist, go to basic and then go to WOCS based on a selection from a civilian boarded packet. It might be possible, but I wouldn’t trust that at all coming from anyone at a recruiting station. 

Oh ok then i will see if i can push my basic date out to past march and see if i can get my packet selected then

2 minutes ago, mike0331 said:

Oh, reddit and 1st Sergeants, the final say in military policy. But don't listen to anyone here though. You know, aviators and those in the pipeline. 

not saying im not listening just passing down the information i was handed, from what im gathering from you guys is to push off this contract, get a LOR from a pilot or two and submit my packet again would be the right thing to do

7 minutes ago, Thedude said:

Don’t sign sh*t until after the next board. At that point either sign a WOFT contract or an enlisted MOS a contract of your choice. Don’t rush into a decision that locks you into a job you can’t quit for the next 6-8 years. 

i understand, looking towards that now, thankyou!

4 minutes ago, Shibagod said:

I don't know why you're so adamant to rush. I waited 6 damn months for my 15T slot because I wanted to fly. That was at age 24 

ill just wait to woft board, is it possible to pm you to see what i can improve on my packet. i know my attitude is one and being open to critiques and criticism more.

Instead of sitting at home rotting work and/or volunteer somewhere. Get the number for a local flight facility and see if any pilots would be willing to meet with you to write you a letter. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Axesteel said:

because ive been waiting for 2 years for my woft packet since i was 16, now 18, sit at home all day and do nothing

Just my two cents because I’ve been watching this for a couple days now. The first conversation I had with a recruiter about flight training was during my junior year of high school back in 2013. I then waited another until August of 2018, 5 years, just to start my WOFT packet. I knew I personally needed the real world experience of college and civilian flight training before I could make a serious proposition to any branch that I should be trusted to fly their aircraft. Even now I’ve been graduated from college for 8 months and I still went out and found something meaningful to do while I wait for my enlistment to start. If you want to make it you need to learn to play the waiting game while also bettering yourself.

I’m a high school teacher right now which means I spend 40+ hours a week with 17-18 year olds. I know you guys really like instant gratification, every high schooler does (myself included when I was in high school) but in order to become the well rounded person the Army wants for WOFT you need to put in a little time to gain some experience. Whether that’s enlisting and trying again in a few years or college and dropping another packet, you have a lot of time to make the right decision for you. Trust me, 2 years is a drop in the bucket.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, benji_the_miller said:

Just my two cents because I’ve been watching this for a couple days now. The first conversation I had with a recruiter about flight training was during my junior year of high school back in 2013. I then waited another until August of 2018, 5 years, just to start my WOFT packet. I knew I personally needed the real world experience of college and civilian flight training before I could make a serious proposition to any branch that I should be trusted to fly their aircraft. Even now I’ve been graduated from college for 8 months and I still went out and found something meaningful to do while I wait for my enlistment to start. If you want to make it you need to learn to play the waiting game while also bettering yourself.

I’m a high school teacher right now which means I spend 40+ hours a week with 17-18 year olds. I know you guys really like instant gratification, every high schooler does (myself included when I was in high school) but in order to become the well rounded person the Army wants for WOFT you need to put in a little time to gain some experience. Whether that’s enlisting and trying again in a few years or college and dropping another packet, you have a lot of time to make the right decision for you. Trust me, 2 years is a drop in the bucket.

thankyou! for all the help past and current

34 minutes ago, Axesteel said:

because ive been waiting for 2 years for my woft packet since i was 16, now 18, sit at home all day and do nothing

Don't sit around. I went to college and did my best to built up my military resume before I dropped my packet. Stop rushing and try to be productive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shibagod said:

Don't sit around. I went to college and did my best to built up my military resume before I dropped my packet. Stop rushing and try to be productive.

im just going to go and do 15R build up experience, and working with pilots often and go from there, even then still being an aircraft mechanic is good job on civ side

1 minute ago, Axesteel said:

im just going to go and do 15R build up experience, and working with pilots often and go from there, even then still being an aircraft mechanic is good job on civ side

I’m still just a street to seat civ but from what I’ve seen, and I know this has already been suggested to you, waiting for the 15T or 15U slot will be your best bet, this is a marathon not a sprint if August is when you can get that then spend the summer working out and building experience (all stuff that looks good on a WOFT packet)

23 minutes ago, Axesteel said:

I tried. Lol. You do you my friend.

My final words to you, as a Section Sgt 15T, the difference in experience between Romeos and Uniforms and Tangos is night and day. 

It's up to you to decide what you truly, passionately want to do. Not just, "I'll try this and that, or get out and work for dyna corp"

You're still so very young with a billion options ahead of you. Don't be so hateful to limit your doors.

PS: Anything you "heard" is irrelevant. What matters is the regulations and what people in the actual jobs tell you. (Real Pilots, not Reddit)