USMC to WOCS advice

Hey this is for the prior service USMC guys in here. I am prior service USMC, civilian now, going to WOCS in January as a S2S. Since we skip the boot camp part and go straight to WOCS, I'm am just trying to get an idea of what kind of stuff to show up with. I was sent an Introduction packet with a gear list, but obviously I don't have any of it... Any tips for arrival would be appreciated. Thanks

You will get your initial uniform issue at Rucker and go to CIF to get 782 gear. Super simple. Don’t wig out if your clothing marking gets jacked up. I wouldn’t go dropping more money on replacements. I went through about 6 years ago but don’t imagine it has changed that much. Hit me up if you have any more questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t sweat it! It’s not hard you’ll enjoy the transition as long as you’re not a hot head. When I can from MEPS I had pretty much nothing but the clothes on my back and orders. You’ll get all your stuff when you in-process after Quarantine. Make sure your rank and pay are right on your orders from MEPS. I’m still fighting for backpay. Your first payment will be small so prepare financially, if you even get paid on the first month. 
message me and I’ll give you more info if you need it 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Rat_Taylor said:

I'm a prior-Marine supposed to report on Feb1 for a Feb9 start date? Wonder if it's the same and the date they gave me is a day off? 

I have no idea but I just got moved to the Jan 3rd class now haha my bubble between bct/WOCS/WOBC all together is less than three weeks I got super lucky. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nil5038 said:

Where are you going to bct?

So you’ll be getting to Rucker for wocs like mid March ish then?

Sorry Jan 3rd WOCS report date and class starts the 10th I’m finishing BCT tomorrow and WOBC starts feb 26th but I have to be there early to quarantine and do other things. 

15 hours ago, GM1 said:

I have no idea but I just got moved to the Jan 3rd class now haha my bubble between bct/WOCS/WOBC all together is less than three weeks I got super lucky. 

Awesome! Congrats! My date is contingent on another guy not getting a waiver. (Guard) I obviously want what's best for everyone, but I am kind of hoping he doesn't get it yet. 🤣 

1 hour ago, Rat_Taylor said:

Awesome! Congrats! My date is contingent on another guy not getting a waiver. (Guard) I obviously want what's best for everyone, but I am kind of hoping he doesn't get it yet. 🤣 

That’s why I got moved up because the girl ahead of me didn’t get cleared on her physical. I’m guard as well so I know how it goes. So I have a very short timeline to get all of this WOCS stuff accomplished 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GM1 said:

Sorry Jan 3rd WOCS report date and class starts the 10th I’m finishing BCT tomorrow and WOBC starts feb 26th but I have to be there early to quarantine and do other things. 

Gotcha. Are you not going to be at Rucker in between WOCS and wobc?

you got your house situated for wobc?

3 minutes ago, nil5038 said:

Gotcha. Are you not going to be at Rucker in between WOCS and wobc?

you got your house situated for wobc?

I will be there because there is only 10 days between the two and I’m not allowed to leave because of quarantine. And yes I applied for my housing like six months ago and have already adjusted my dates with Corvias to WOCS grad date. But I graduate bct tomorrow so I have hardly any time between my courses. 

9 hours ago, nil5038 said:

ok cool cool just making sure you’re all set housing wise.

yea man I’m here now and things are a mess cause of covid. Be prepared for those dates to keep adjusting.

I appreciate it! Yeah it’s definitely hectic especially only finding out three days ago I’m in the Jan 3rd class and scrambling to prep with no blackboard or milsuite access because I’m not leaving bct until today 🤦🏼

7 hours ago, GM1 said:

I appreciate it! Yeah it’s definitely hectic especially only finding out three days ago I’m in the Jan 3rd class and scrambling to prep with no blackboard or milsuite access because I’m not leaving bct until today 🤦🏼

I’m in the same boat! We’re probably in the same class, 21-04? Just found out last week I’m going, no milsuite, no blackboard. Found out through Facebook that report date was earlier than I was told. It’s been great! 

1 hour ago, Bomberbasic said:

I’m in the same boat! We’re probably in the same class, 21-04? Just found out last week I’m going, no milsuite, no blackboard. Found out through Facebook that report date was earlier than I was told. It’s been great! 

Nah 21-03 is what I’ll be in but you’ll be right behind me! 

12 hours ago, GM1 said:

I can’t speak to what you need for WOCS but wobc there were a few of us with less resources than others like Cac problems or never getting a working tablet issued to us and the staff worked around us. So in that regard I’m sure you’ll be fine.

anthing I can do to help you out let me know man