WOCS/Flight school COVID impacts

I’m headed down to Rucker in the next few months and I’m wondering if there is anyone in here that has started the process in the last 6 months. 

Some of the questions I have are listed below but anything else you’ve seen that has changed from the norm or been altered due to covid would be great info and I would love to hear it. 

-- With the WOCS quarantine are they allowing you to stay at your home/apartment wherever you’re living if you move in prior to checking in?
—Are they still doing the physical events at WOCS? 

—During primary are they still making students take the bus to the flight line? 

If anyone has any input on what impacts the pandemic has had on this process I would really appreciate the information. 

Thanks in advance!

If you are coming down here for WOCS as a PCS you should just quarantine in your home. A few of my neighbors are in WOCS now, and that’s what they did.

WOCS seems to be more or less running as normal now.

Buses are no longer a thing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RotorNancy said:

I’m headed down to Rucker in the next few months and I’m wondering if there is anyone in here that has started the process in the last 6 months. 

Some of the questions I have are listed below but anything else you’ve seen that has changed from the norm or been altered due to covid would be great info and I would love to hear it. 

-- With the WOCS quarantine are they allowing you to stay at your home/apartment wherever you’re living if you move in prior to checking in?
—Are they still doing the physical events at WOCS? 

—During primary are they still making students take the bus to the flight line? 

If anyone has any input on what impacts the pandemic has had on this process I would really appreciate the information. 

Thanks in advance!

So my buddy graduated in Jan and have another buddy in class right now. Can give the current class but as he said AV candidates will rom with family if traveling with dependents. He did the acft and we should too unless they change it in the next few classes. During other candidates rom, we will work at taking their temperature and what not. He was in his room a majority of his class but at week 4-5 was back in class but with limited tac officers. He did the ruck and land nav but that was the only time he could leave his room. He said very strongly to read your SOP heavily. This guy is a TM junkie (920A) so it was second nature to him, he found alot of privileges you have but only if you ask for them . 

I can give a more current situation in a few weeks after my friend graduates. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 9:44 AM, Pmmeforstuff said:

So my buddy graduated in Jan and have another buddy in class right now. Can give the current class but as he said AV candidates will rom with family if traveling with dependents. He did the acft and we should too unless they change it in the next few classes. During other candidates rom, we will work at taking their temperature and what not. He was in his room a majority of his class but at week 4-5 was back in class but with limited tac officers. He did the ruck and land nav but that was the only time he could leave his room. He said very strongly to read your SOP heavily. This guy is a TM junkie (920A) so it was second nature to him, he found alot of privileges you have but only if you ask for them . 

I can give a more current situation in a few weeks after my friend graduates. 

I graduated WOCS last week with Class 21-06, they are doing their best to make it as normal as possible. 

PCS-ers will do ROM at their house and everyone else will do ROM in a local barracks.

Integration day/ Rifle PT is back in full swing, and there is a full PT schedule although you won't do PT everyday because 1st. WOC needs all available TACs for big events like Land Nav/ 10K/ etc. There are a ton of students and not a ton of TACs. We didn't see our tacs too often except in the DFAC, so make sure you are squared away and have water in your hydration source (camelbak). We did the ACFT the first week. 

We were issued laptops and took them back and forth from the school house to our rooms, but I think that is going away because laptops were getting broken in transit. All of our classes were virtual on blackboard so it's death by powerpoint 6-8 hours a day with a walk to the DFAC in the middle.  We did temp checks everyday. 

We did a class sign but no car wash.    It's a long 5 weeks but it isn't really hard as long as you work together with classmates and be cooperative. 

Pretty much the same experience for me. It’s just a long boring 5 weeks of check the block training. If you’re a street to seater this is great information for you to learn. If you’ve been through any type of NCOES this is a refresher. Lane navigation takes out a lot of people for mistakes. The instructors “teach” land nav l, but they don’t  teach it to practical use. If you have a good understanding of land nav you should be able to traverse the course without a compass no problem. It isn’t self correcting but they do give you water point grids. The integration run is not bad unless you have multiple lower extremity issues that limit your movement. We did a 10-11 minute mile uphill both ways in the snow lol. It wasn’t hard. The ACFT was pretty straightforward with exception of the MDL being the minimum weight for everyone. They try to keep you inside out of sight for the most part so vitamin D doesn’t come easily. Again it’s gonna be a long 5 weeks. Make the most of it and it’ll go by fast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 8:06 AM, Rat_Taylor said:

I graduated WOCS last week with Class 21-06, they are doing their best to make it as normal as possible. 

PCS-ers will do ROM at their house and everyone else will do ROM in a local barracks.

Integration day/ Rifle PT is back in full swing, and there is a full PT schedule although you won't do PT everyday because 1st. WOC needs all available TACs for big events like Land Nav/ 10K/ etc. There are a ton of students and not a ton of TACs. We didn't see our tacs too often except in the DFAC, so make sure you are squared away and have water in your hydration source (camelbak). We did the ACFT the first week. 

We were issued laptops and took them back and forth from the school house to our rooms, but I think that is going away because laptops were getting broken in transit. All of our classes were virtual on blackboard so it's death by powerpoint 6-8 hours a day with a walk to the DFAC in the middle.  We did temp checks everyday. 

We did a class sign but no car wash.    It's a long 5 weeks but it isn't really hard as long as you work together with classmates and be cooperative. 

Hey babe 😍😘

For wocs terrain association all day, only used the compass once. You get a class or two in map reading and interpretation but not nav itself so ensure you know how to figure out attack points and back stops. 

Sere land nav dead reckon especially at night 

1 hour ago, eyrk said:

For wocs terrain association all day, only used the compass once. You get a class or two in map reading and interpretation but not nav itself so ensure you know how to figure out attack points and back stops. 

Sere land nav dead reckon especially at night 

Ok just got a tish nervous. Buddy failed it twice, recycled and failed again. I'm at bragg and trying to get out to area j to get hands on practice.