115 replies to this topic

#41 TheSmallLebowski

TheSmallLebowski

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 00:15

I saw that you had a problem as well on a previous post as well. Happy you got it sorted and  I appreciate your input.  All I have heard here is that .....from Miami they are trying to schedule my appointment at Fort Campbell. It makes no sense but Ill fly anywhere at this point to get it done.  Im prior service and processed through Miami Meps, initial medical, security clearance screen, paperwork etc for this packet. Just not happy that its taking this long to what I see a simple scheduling issue.  

What did the people at Fort Knox ultimately do for you?

Wow that doesn't make much sense at all. I would honestly just keep calling Miami and even Campbell to force the process along. It shouldn't be like that but it seems like that is how it goes. 

I initially called Fort Knox in January and couldn't get an appointment until March, then couldn't get phase two until a few months later (don't remember when), and then a few more months to finally get everything squared away. Received my stamped physical on October 11th, 10 months from initial contact hahaha.

#42 WillyB

WillyB

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:23

Age - 28

GT - 121

SIFT - 72

APFT - 282

Military - 8 Years Active Duty (5 USMC, 3 USMCR as AR) , E-5 Sgt

CIV ED – HS Diploma

Flight Hours – 339 (CH-53E Crew Chief)

Flight Physical – Qualified

Leadership Schools: Sergeants Residence Course (ALC Equivalent)

LOR - CO(MAJ), BC(LTC), CW3

Packet is “Board Ready”

I am transferring from the Active Reserve component of the Marines. Not sure of the process once we get accepted. Please message me if you know how that process works.  

#43 Jumperjump123

Jumperjump123

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:35

I completed my board interview today and was told that they changed it and this is the final step now. I'm scheduled to sign my contract Monday. Any other civilians experience the same thing?
  • dukun8ter likes this

#44 dukun8ter

dukun8ter

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Human intelligence, law enforcement
  • Company working for:Signal Hill PD Dispatcher and Jailer/Civilian, Reserve Police Officer Lvl 1-D, Sept 2017 WOFT Select

Posted 02 November 2017 - 19:59

I completed my board interview today and was told that they changed it and this is the final step now. I'm scheduled to sign my contract Monday. Any other civilians experience the same thing?

That's awesome. So final selections are made at the battalion level now?

#45 Jumperjump123

Jumperjump123

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 16:25

My recruiter told me today she was given bad information and that there is still the next board so I have to wait until January 26th to find out

#46 rwood

rwood

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 15:14

Does anyone else feel like the 13-17th still seems like so far away? I’m so anxious already, I wonder if the results will be published before thanksgiving.

#47 JD225

JD225

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 15:50

Does anyone else feel like the 13-17th still seems like so far away? Im so anxious already, I wonder if the results will be published before thanksgiving.

100% agree. I fell like its still months away till I will find out. But its supposed to be within 10 days of the board end date so before Nov 27th we will have answers finally!

#48 WillyB

WillyB

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:27

I know its only 12 days until the end of the board, but I am already clicking constantly on here to see if anyone got selected yet! I also keep looking through all the past boards to see how I stack up with past applicants. This probably isn't the healthiest thing to be doing.

#49 rwood

rwood

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:35

12 days still seems so far away. I think I’m driving my wife crazy with this countdown I have had going. I think I check my email and the USAREC website atleast 3-4 times a day hoping for some type of news or new information.

#50 JD225

JD225

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:54

Its unhealthy how often I check this and the message board. Honestly just hopping they say SUPRISE! We did it early! Witch I doubt will happen... that along with knowing I will have to PCS if I dont get picked up is kind of a bummer.

#51 icfadc

icfadc

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:50

Looks like I'll most likely be pushed to the January board awaiting a waiver to be approved still not "board ready", unless some miracle happens and its approved before Monday. Good luck to everyone...

#52 niner5

niner5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 14:06

Little confused here. My recruiter told me that there are boards every month for civilian applicants to WOFT. Is this true? Or are the board dates only in November, January, and March.

Thanks

#53 WillyB

WillyB

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 17:21

Little confused here. My recruiter told me that there are boards every month for civilian applicants to WOFT. Is this true? Or are the board dates only in November, January, and March.

Thanks

From what I understand the Civilian boards go monthly depending on the region. These boards are for the recruiting people to say that you would be a good candidate. Once they give the go ahead they send your packet to USAREC for their board. Which is boarded according to their calendar. 

Basically the recruiter boards are for them to weed out the people who would't be a good fit into the military. 

• niner5 likes this

#54 ec93

ec93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 20:43

Degree: 3.4 GPA BA in Political Science w/ paralegal studies minor
GT : 119
SIFT: 64

APFT: 300
Flight Physical: Stamped no waivers
Mil Experience : none

Flight Experience: 7 hrs rotary wing
LORs: Retired Army Capt, HS coach/teacher, former boss at big 5 pharma, college prof

Packet is USAREC board ready.  Have been lurking/reading for a few months now while building my packet, forums have been awesome.  LOR's and low flight time are worrisome.  Coming from the civilian side.  Good luck to everyone and hoping for the best!

#55 Creep0321

Creep0321

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:07

LORs: Retired Army Capt, HS coach/teacher, former boss at big 5 pharma, college prof

Packet is USAREC board ready.  Have been lurking/reading for a few months now while building my packet, forums have been awesome.  LOR's and low flight time are worrisome.  Coming from the civilian side.  Good luck to everyone and hoping for the best!

Dont be worried.
  • ByteFlighter and ec93 like this

Swift, Silent, Deadly.

#56 JD225

JD225

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:30

Dont you have to have a LOR from a Sr. Warrant? I heard something along the lines of they are waiving that right now do to the shortage but I havent actually seen it anywhere.

#57 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Happy Hookers, Steel Rain, Black Deaths,
    Tiny Birds
  • Company working for:USARACTRCAS

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:43

Dont you have to have a LOR from a Sr. Warrant? I heard something along the lines of they are waiving that right now do to the shortage but I havent actually seen it anywhere.

Only if you are active duty making the jump. For WOFT applicants, it isn't required but I **HIGHLY** recommend it. Just a hint for people looking to find a Senior Flight Warrant close to your home, check listing for your state's national guard units. It is quite easier to find them if you look to NG vs. Finding an Army base with a dedicated airfield.

#58 ec93

ec93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 13:13

Echo what Byte said above.  I worked on getting a few really strong LORs from people who know me well.  By the time I sat down with a Sr. Warrant my packet was already sent to qc at battalion level.  Agreed to wait and see how first look goes since I already have four letters.  If not picked up then I could come in for a more formal interview for potential letter.  In hindsight I should've started working on finding a Sr. Warrant earlier in the process, live and learn.  

#59 rwood

rwood

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 14:20

Kind of have me worried now comparing that I don’t have a degree just college credits, and no flight time

#60 ec93

ec93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 15:30

Kind of have me worried now comparing that I don’t have a degree just college credits, and no flight time

I wouldn't worry too much you have a great apft, LORs, and prior service.  Plus hear the pilot shortage is real.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

DevoreHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomePrecisionVRForumHome200Able_VRHOme200NFCVRForum200HomeGenesys VR Forum 200PBH_HeliHarbor200MaunaLoaVRHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200