• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#101 rattmichey95

rattmichey95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 19:58

Any AD still following on here? Just wanting to see who else had to suffer with me in waiting even longer for the results to be posted.

#102 rattmichey95

rattmichey95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 19:58

AD Army impatiently waiting

#103 alex2391

alex2391

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 20:09

Do civilian applicants really find out this Monday ? Is that a real thing ?   :o  anyone have any word on this

• alex2391 likes this

#104 Kidsabc1

Kidsabc1

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Army Aviation

Posted 20 September 2018 - 20:13

Do civilian applicants really find out this Monday ? Is that a real thing ?   :o  anyone have any word on this

This is what my recruiter replied when I asked about the selection date:

It is the 24th and if you get chosen you will get a phone call before I do so be ready.

Honestly I havent been able to sleep for this past week and Im sure I wont until selection. I feel bad for you AD guys.

#105 alex2391

alex2391

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 20:23

This is what my recruiter replied when I asked about the selection date:

It is the 24th and if you get chosen you will get a phone call before I do so be ready.

Honestly I havent been able to sleep for this past week and Im sure I wont until selection. I feel bad for you AD guys.

That's wild I kind of hope it's the 24th. What part of Florida are you in BTW.

#106 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 21:07

Any AD still following on here? Just wanting to see who else had to suffer with me in waiting even longer for the results to be posted.

Yup. Ive been in for a bit over 9 in the Marines. Crossing fingers but Im looking forward to the switch

#107 Kidsabc1

Kidsabc1

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Army Aviation

Posted 20 September 2018 - 21:09

That's wild I kind of hope it's the 24th. What part of Florida are you in BTW.

SW Florida, Fort Myers/Cape Coral area

#108 Natedo60

Natedo60

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 21:29

Yup. Ive been in for a bit over 9 in the Marines. Crossing fingers but Im looking forward to the switch

Going a little crazy here too, currently in school so needless to say a little distracted.

#109 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 22:36

Going a little crazy here too, currently in school so needless to say a little distracted.

Im on pins and needles for this waiver. Had to get one for an incident a few years ago that was dropped in court. So nothing came of it. And I have 10 months now left on contract. When I submitted I had over 12 months. But I got an angry phone call the other day asking why I havent submitted a time in service waiver. So I had to type that up real quick.

Just stressed out that it will have caused me to miss the board
  • Loke09 likes this

#110 kramey90

kramey90

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:04

Yup, active duty and waiting the extra time as well. Hopefully we all get picked up and the extra couple of days is worth it.

#111 Mitch4600

Mitch4600

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:23

Good afternoon everyone,

Prior Service E5 marine checking in here. I'll be boarding as a civilian as I got out in 2015.

APFT: 287

SIFT: 52

GT: 120

Flight Physical: Approved, waiver for PRK (vision is 20/15 now)

College: Associates and 120 credits towards bachelors, 3.6 GPA

LOR: Lt Col (Pilot), Major (CO), SgtMaj (Battalion), 1st Sgt (Company), and a college professor

0 Flight Hours

Battalion Board: Reccomended Aug

The person at the recruiting battalion also told me that since it is the end of the fiscal year they will not be taking many people and they do not think I am competitive enough due to not having my bachelors finished and 0 flight hours. I am really hoping someone on this forum will tell me this is here-say and that I still have a shot for this September board. Best of luck to you all.
  • Mitch4600 likes this

#112 Loke09

Loke09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:43

Im on pins and needles for this waiver. Had to get one for an incident a few years ago that was dropped in court. So nothing came of it. And I have 10 months now left on contract. When I submitted I had over 12 months. But I got an angry phone call the other day asking why I havent submitted a time in service waiver. So I had to type that up real quick.

Just stressed out that it will have caused me to miss the board

I had a friend get a waiver for a DUI that happened 7 years ago the Friday before their board. So theres hope.

#113 Awest623

Awest623

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:48

Good afternoon everyone,

Prior Service E5 marine checking in here. I'll be boarding as a civilian as I got out in 2015.

APFT: 287

SIFT: 52

GT: 120

Flight Physical: Approved, waiver for PRK (vision is 20/15 now)

College: Associates and 120 credits towards bachelors, 3.6 GPA

LOR: Lt Col (Pilot), Major (CO), SgtMaj (Battalion), 1st Sgt (Company), and a college professor

0 Flight Hours

Battalion Board: Reccomended Aug

The person at the recruiting battalion also told me that since it is the end of the fiscal year they will not be taking many people and they do not think I am competitive enough due to not having my bachelors finished and 0 flight hours. I am really hoping someone on this forum will tell me this is here-say and that I still have a shot for this September board. Best of luck to you all.

I'm sure you'll get it. Half the civ applicants have no college credits from what I've seen. And it's been close too 100% acceptance for civilians for about the past year
  • Mitch4600 likes this

#114 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:15

I had a friend get a waiver for a DUI that happened 7 years ago the Friday before their board. So theres hope.

Sweet. While I didnt get one of those it was traffic related and later dropped. So thats promising!

#115 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 15:29

It’s funny that the Army will kick someone out for a DUI despite them being a proven successful pilot but will accept someone they know nothing about who has no training at all with a previous DUI.

#116 Mitch4600

Mitch4600

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 15:49

I'm sure you'll get it. Half the civ applicants have no college credits from what I've seen. And it's been close too 100% acceptance for civilians for about the past year

Thanks for the info I had no idea. Any advice on how to check your status? We made corrections (my HS transcripts went missing out of nowhere) and havent heard anything back since.

#117 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 16:41

Board ready. Waivers approved.

Here we go boys

#118 Awest623

Awest623

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 16:50

Thanks for the info I had no idea. Any advice on how to check your status? We made corrections (my HS transcripts went missing out of nowhere) and havent heard anything back since.

Sorry. No clue. My recruiter handled everything for me

#119 kramey90

kramey90

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 00:43

Board ready. Waivers approved.

Here we go boys

Good to hear! Good luck!
  • Spiffy_cup_of_coffee likes this

#120 Awest623

Awest623

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 21:53

I wasn't anxious about the board date approaching before, but now that it's so soon... Man it's kiling me   :unsure:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

HeliHelmets-VR HomeGenesys VR Forum 200NFCVRForum200HomeBE_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Spectrum_VRHome200Praetor_Home200LORD_VRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200