Do i need to go to SERE school AGAIN if i get accepted ??

I did SERE school in the NAVY....as all aircrew/pilots go thru the same school together. I believe its level 'C" so i was wondering if i have to do it again??

I also did the dunker with 2 re-quals but im pretty sure im going to have to do that again.

My recruiter thinks i dont have to do SERE again, but doesn't know for sure. It's on my DD214 and i heard its just a one time type of thing....... anybody know for sure?

If you can provide the certificate of completion of your SERE-C level course then you will not have to take it again.

Did Army aircrews always have to take the level C course or was it the B course prior? For some reason everyone I've ever talked to in the Army seems to think that pilots don't attend the full SERE course which includes the "fun phase" at the end.

So to get the record straight this is the same level SERE course as the SF guys go through correct?

I've read that the one at Rucker isn't the same as the one at Mackall (where the SF goes) even though they are both C level courses.. I've heard that ours wasn't "as bad" and it focuses more on the evasion and survival portion rather than the resistance phase.

This was all on different forums while searching through Google. Any truth to this or do you know? Or is this part of the classified information?

Yeah I figured that's the case. I'm just excited for the course. I'm one of those people who researches the hell out of anything before I go. The fact that SERE is so secretive is what makes it so intriguing to me.

I can't wait...even though from the testimonies I've heard Im sure Ill be eating those words lol.

So to get the record straight this is the same level SERE course as the SF guys go through correct?

I've read that the one at Rucker isn't the same as the one at Mackall (where the SF goes) even though they are both C level courses.. I've heard that ours wasn't "as bad" and it focuses more on the evasion and survival portion rather than the resistance phase.

This was all on different forums while searching through Google. Any truth to this or do you know? Or is this part of the classified information?

It's the same level SERE as McCall. I went to the one at McCall that SF goes to before they had the Rucker one. I also went to an Air Force one. I haven't been to the Navy one in ME bu I've known guys who've been to both Navy and Army.

To everyone I've met who've been to more than one SERE, Army Sere is considered the best, it's also the longest at 3 weeks.

When they started the Rucker course they based it off the course at McCall. Is it as good? I don't know, I haven't been to it. I've heard they made it a bit easier but the training is still top notch. Everyone I've known has said it was the best military school they've ever been to.

But, no you won't have to go.

You'll have to go to find out what the course is like. It isn't a good online discussion topic.

While you're absolutely correct, and details shouldn't be discussed here, most of what the original poster wants to know is already online and available. He won't have to do much searching to find it.

My brother just said, whatever you eat is DELICIOUS, because you are so hungary.

I'm not Hungarian, I'm Swedish...

SERE definitely gave me an appreciation for food. I found myself saying afterwards "Would I eat that if I was in SERE? Eff it...I'll do it"

OP, you shouldn't have to repeat, assuming you can prove you've been there. They're very big on the stance/fact that the course isn't any easier, it's just different. There's a definite aviator bias to some of the more "mundane" training, like the range. If you've been in the Army for any amount of time (I don't know how other branches handle their ranges) you'll be amazed/LOVE the range here. It's big boy rules, which isn't something that can be underestimated.

Basically, they looked at ALL of the other SERE courses, and plucked items that they thought were most relevant to the majority of trainees here. That said, I got bumped from my first course date because there was a large group of Rangers on TDY doing our course.