Roll call - BCT at Ft Sill 7/15

Just looking to see if anyone from here is headed out to bct with me. Literally the only info I have is the bit of paperwork I received when I sworein...so I've got tons of questions. For some reason USAREC still hasn't uploaded my info into the system...so I haven't been able to access any account stuff.

Anything I really need to worry about other than bringing what's on the packing list?

From what I've been able to read, my gf should wait until I finish wocs until she comes down? Ill have them move my stuff...but in regards to the weight limit, I should probably wait until I get promoted to wo1 because the weight limit is double e4. Will that happen immediately at wocs graduation?

We've got 3 large dogs, so when she/we move, it'll have to happen fairly quickly. Will I have time between wocs and the beginning of flight school to help get things settled?

More questions to come...gettin' antsy!

Tyler

• Like 1

You already know but we go to Fort Sill at the same time and both start wocs on the same date. From what I heard Fort Sill is old school. Do not expect a lot of privileges. I was told by a lot of people to not be first and don't be last, meaning do not stand out. It's going to be a shock, especially for independent adults surrounded by kids. My buds that have gone through Army BCT say its a good time you never want to experience again.

If you can wait to move your GF after WOCS when you get your 10 day leave that seems to be the way to go financially. It's not like you will see her during WOCs. I am basing this all on my research.

I am getting nervous too but I look at that helo at the end of the tunnel and that helps lol. Is there anything specific that you are worried about?

• Like 1

Quick question for you guys. You'll be in basic with a lot of enlisted guys, and surely you'll get to know those folks well. Will you disclose your MOS at the risk of being treated differently? I was told by a friend not to, if I get selected.

Have you talked to your recruiter about getting an account. There is some "mandatory" future soldier training that must be completed prior to shipping that is done online.

Have you talked to your recruiter about getting an account. There is some "mandatory" future soldier training that must be completed prior to shipping that is done online.

Yes...and this is the text I got back...

"Everything has been escalated to usarec For assistance. I checked it wednesday and it was still down."

Its starting to piss me off...as really, the ONLY info I've gotten on anything...literally...has been from this site, and Google!

hey Tyler and JMarsh, I am also going to Ft. Sill, same date. I think I have all my stuff in order.. I just have to pack some stuff up and leave. One thing is not very clear to me, and if anyone reading this knows, please assist; should I have the WOCS packing list complete before I leave for BCT or would I have to get everything for WOCS right after BCT?

No clue. I'd imagine we'll have to get everything after BCT. I still have a crap ton to do. Gotta give my gf power of attorney to make sure she can take care if anything that might arise...financials...address changes...etc.

• Like 1

i can answer some for you. take only your paperwork and the clothes on your back to ship to bct. no spare clothes. also, take your phone and charger just in case you get privs at basic. also, id bring a 2 day supply of hygene/shower stuff with one medium size towel. flight sized containers obviously.

absolutely NOCAFFEINE during basic. its either water, milk, or powerade type fountain drink. no coffee or soda at all. trust me, chocolate milk turns really amazing after two weeks.

basic for me, a 28 year old, was like boy scouts for adults. the drill sgt crap didnt affect me at all so all the other stuff/activities was like scouts to me. laying down doing security, patrolling, shooting, hooch/hastie digging. exactly right, mediocre fun during it but after its over it becomes the funnest thing i never want to go through again. pnly cause it was mediocre fun.

as for announcing your mos, you wont get treated differently by anyone. sgts or privates.there will be ocs peeps there with you too. dont act likr a warrant and you wont get excluded from the platoon social circle. act like a private with leadership skills until you ARE a warrant is my advice.

• Like 2

Yes...and this is the text I got back...

"Everything has been escalated to usarec For assistance. I checked it wednesday and it was still down."

Its starting to piss me off...as really, the ONLY info I've gotten on anything...literally...has been from this site, and Google!

I really don't think there is anything more in depth on the Future Soldier website. I've been all around the site and nothing is on there except the "mandatory training" like DC mentioned. The Ft Jackson website lists the approximate schedule, but only things we already know. This forum may provide the best info out there.

hey Tyler and JMarsh, I am also going to Ft. Sill, same date. I think I have all my stuff in order.. I just have to pack some stuff up and leave. One thing is not very clear to me, and if anyone reading this knows, please assist; should I have the WOCS packing list complete before I leave for BCT or would I have to get everything for WOCS right after BCT?

I was told by a Warrant Officer in Rucker that everything on that list would be issued at BCT or when you get to WOCS those first 10 days I leave for basic in less than two weeks! cant wait but nervous at the same time

• Like 2