Just selected 64's today!

Probably the thought of AD getting a sh*t load of 64s from the Guard and a bunch of Kiowa pilots needing a transition.

I totally get that but I haven't seen anything that would indicate that 64s will be getting a greater share of the Kiowa losses than the other airframes. There will of course be an increase in 64s but it is by no means a 1 for 1 exchange. That means those that would have either become Kiowa pilots, or are transitioning from Kiowas, will also be going to the cargo/lift helicopters as well.

Especially when you consider the drawdowns, the 64s will be flying less (as will we all). There may be more aircraft available but there will also be more of them sitting.

I wouldn't say that it is a bad time to be a 64 guy. The loss of the Kiowa does pretty much cement the future of the Apache (never was in doubt), but I think it a stretch to say that the outlook is any better than a 47 or a 60.

Im just happy to have got a transition. Chinooks are really cool. Haha

I had the privilege of firing up the APU on an MH-47 and looking at all it has and I was very impressed. Granted it's an MH, but still, it's a very capable and self sustaining aircraft. Had a lot more to offer than I originally thought.

I had the privilege of firing up the APU on an MH-47 and looking at all it has and I was very impressed. Granted it's an MH, but still, it's a very capable and self sustaining aircraft. Had a lot more to offer than I originally thought.

I highly doubt you were able to turn on the APU, where was this ?

You don't seem to understand the community we have here. This isn't an anonymous internet forum. Many of us here will know and work with each other in real life if we haven't already. Furthermore it's a ridiculous thing to lie about on a forum where we have thousands of APU starts between us. So yeah, I'm going to believe him over a guy who wasn't there and just seems upset that he was never trusted with APU orders.

• Like 2