November 2014 WOFT Board

I think you may be right on the age waiver from what I saw from the WOFT website below.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml

Regarding the 17 traffic violations (none of which were a fine above $250), all consisted of equipment type charges "tail lights out", seat belt violations, and speeding "less than 10mph over" with the exception of two, and 1 disorderly conduct charge.

I re-read the moral waiver requirement details and neither traffic or criminal charges appear to need a waiver. My one disorderly conduct charge is a stand alone misdemeanor charge that is not combined with any other criminal charge (since I have no other criminal charges), and is not combined with any other traffic charge (since I have none with a fine above $250). As it stands it all appears that the age waiver is the only waiver I would be looking at if I don't obtain a battalion board prior to the November 17th selection board. Does this look correct from what anyone else has observed regarding waiver details? Thank you again for your input and help getting loose ends tied up on my packet. It is very much appreciated.

When I was trying to get answers for my Waiver questions I went to the source:

"To appeal your waiver disposition, please contact USAREC G3 Board Branch - Ms. Vikki Ruhl via email at: vikki.b.ruhl.civ@mail.mil or phone at: 502-626-0507 or DSN 536-0507." -From usarec.army.mil

I know it states that this is for appeals, but I just called and asked specifically about my waiver requirements.

I know what its like not getting solid info from recruiters. I haven't heard from mine since end of August. I had to call an outside region before I actually had someone answer a phone.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Alright I'll stop creeping and finally post my stats.

Sift:49

Gt: 116

Apft:291

Active duty: 15g (aircraft structural repair) Spc, 4 years

1 deployment

Schools: Airborne, Air assault, Cbrn, Hazmat, Key Control

Lor: Company, Battalion, Cw4 so far he is 4 out of 4 for packets.

No waivers

College: 33 hours towards associate degree currently working on.

These next two weeks are going to be going by extremely slow. Looking forward to seeing some if yalls names on the acceptance list.

• Like 1

3 days out and its wayyyy too quiet in here....Tried to find out how many civilian applicants were on the board but got rejected. Couldnt even get a "light, average, or heavy" response when I was checking the status of my packet.

• Like 1

3 days out and its wayyyy to quiet in here....Tried to find out how many civilian applicants were on the board but got rejected. Couldnt even get a "light, average, or heavy" response when I was checking the status of my packet.

I think we're all just holding our breath. At this point there's nothing we can do anyway but just pray and hope for the best. I'm gonna say it one last time, good luck everyone!!!!

• Like 1

First off, nothing is ever, ever "for sure" when you're dealing with WOFT, particularly street-to-seat. You are competitive, but you are placing entirely too much stock in what your recruiter is telling you. I'm telling you, as well as others on this board (i.e. those who have gone through the process), that your recruiter does not know as much as he thinks he knows. For example, the line about being 90% likely to get selected if approved at the battalion board is exactly 100% bullshit. Read around these here parts and you'll be able to dig up real statistics. Your packet will not even go to the USAREC WOFT board if it isn't approved at the battalion level, and I can assure you the selection rate is nowhere near 90%. Last I read it was around 50% and fluctuates wildly. The Army is drawing down, and WOFT is not in high demand. Well qualified, good folks are being turned down every board (including those with zero traffic violations).

I'm not trying to doom-and-gloom you, but this is the reality. Relax your expectations. Focus on continuing to improve your packet while you wait for your Battalion Board, and keep pushing for one to be scheduled. Never take their word on anything. Trust but verify.

Although getting accepted for WOFT is somewhat competitive, if you have a college degree and are reasonably intelligent and hard working, you can make it in. Some of you make it sound like getting selected is like getting into Harvard. It's not. I was selected last year with less than stellar stats (a very low SIFT). The past several boards, at least for civilians, have consistently been 70-80% selection rate even with the drawdown. Drawdowns don't always impact the "smaller communities" like aviation as they do the many other MOS's.

• Like 2

***This is not an official product from USAREC***

Wasn't much going on at work so I gathered some data from the previous MILPER messages for active duty applicants. I wish I had the selects stats.Take it for what it's worth.

Why does it say "USAF APPLICANTS"?

Although getting accepted for WOFT is somewhat competitive, if you have a college degree and are reasonably intelligent and hard working, you can make it in. Some of you make it sound like getting selected is like getting into Harvard. It's not. I was selected last year with less than stellar stats (a very low SIFT). The past several boards, at least for civilians, have consistently been 70-80% selection rate even with the drawdown. Drawdowns don't always impact the "smaller communities" like aviation as they do the many other MOS's.

The lowest I've seen the selection rate for civilians is 50%, and that's remarkable. There's not a single civilian company that hires 50% of the people who apply. Anyone who can get to the selection board should go into it fairly confidant.

The lowest I've seen the selection rate for civilians is 50%, and that's remarkable. There's not a single civilian company that hire's 50% of the people who apply. Anyone who can get to the selection board should go into it fairly confidant.

I'd guess 30-40% of civilian selects from each Board are on this VR website so they tend to be more dedicated to researching and making their packets competitive. So the higher stats you see here don't necessarily reflect other selectees with weaker packets.

I'd guess 30-40% of civilian selects from each Board are on this VR website so they tend to be more dedicated to researching and making their packets competitive. So the higher stats you see here don't necessarily reflect other selectees with weaker packets.

Agreed. Seems like those who are really trying to better their packets end up here. At first I was a little hesistant to ask for help. Then I learned that warrant officers are just a bunch of awesome people that will bend over backwards to help as long as you've done the research and bascally taken it as far as you can.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'd be a complete mess without VR. It seems like when it comes to selection the board really tries to go for the full spectrum of applicants.

hello all,

first time to ever post, but I have gotten a lot of help just reading stuff in past year to apply. my packet is submitted as well for nov.

a little bit about myself:

civilian

age 26

sift 60

gt 119

pt 255

bachelors in math 2.9

3 lors from college professors

4 yrs prior service army as active

no flight experience

and everything else flight phys etc completed

crossing my fingers...

hello all,

first time to ever post, but I have gotten a lot of help just reading stuff in past year to apply. my packet is submitted as well for nov.

a little bit about myself:

civilian

age 26

sift 60

gt 119

pt 255

bachelors in math 2.9

3 lors from college professors

4 yrs prior service army as active

no flight experience

and everything else flight phys etc completed

crossing my fingers...

Way to post last minute! Haha. I think that puts us at 6 civilians that we know of. Welcome to the forum and hopefully you get some good news next week!