How competitive? July board?

2 hours ago, Littlesqua37 said:

Took me over 3 years to finally get a packet in. This was my first board and I’m stoked I was picked up. I just PCS’d so yay to another move! Congrats to all those who made it!

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Army makes you stay there until you hit the 12 months on station requirement. Perfect way to crush morale and they love doing that. 

21 hours ago, Thedude said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Army makes you stay there until you hit the 12 months on station requirement. Perfect way to crush morale and they love doing that. 

I’m a puddle pirate so luckily this won’t be the case, I currently am submitting paperwork to go to MEPS, there I’ll sign paper and get my date for WOCS and obviously boot. No abbreviated boot anymore so 9 weeks of boot for me 🤷‍♂️

On 8/11/2021 at 2:55 PM, Littlesqua37 said:

I’m a puddle pirate so luckily this won’t be the case, I currently am submitting paperwork to go to MEPS, there I’ll sign paper and get my date for WOCS and obviously boot. No abbreviated boot anymore so 9 weeks of boot for me 🤷‍♂️

I will have to do the full 9 weeks as well, going to be weird going through boot as an E6 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ParrierMx said:

I will have to do the full 9 weeks as well, going to be weird going through boot as an E6 😂

Honestly it won't be that bad. You will be in the BEQs not the barracks with the actual privates. Unless there is no space for you, then that would suck. You will have your phone when not in training. The drills will leave you alone, you might get f*cked up during the pickup, but that's it. You'll probably be looked at to be a leader by the drills and looked up to by the privates. 

I just came off the trail in July at Benning, we always treated the NCOs we had well. I can't imagine any other basic training post would be any different since we are all under 350-6

Just don't be a dick, dont act like you are hot sh*t (even if you are), be respectful to the drills even if you have E5 drills. if you are squared away, and a good dude (or dudette) then the drills will let you do basically whatever you want.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrankieGoes2Hllywood said:

Honestly it won't be that bad. You will be in the BEQs not the barracks with the actual privates. Unless there is no space for you, then that would suck. You will have your phone when not in training. The drills will leave you alone, you might get f*cked up during the pickup, but that's it. You'll probably be looked at to be a leader by the drills and looked up to by the privates. 

I just came off the trail in July at Benning, we always treated the NCOs we had well. I can't imagine any other basic training post would be any different since we are all under 350-6

Just don't be a dick, dont act like you are hot sh*t (even if you are), be respectful to the drills even if you have E5 drills. if you are squared away, and a good dude (or dudette) then the drills will let you do basically whatever you want.

Thanks for the info, I’ll expect the worst and take whatever I’m dealt 👍

20 hours ago, ParrierMx said:

Thats so odd that they make you do that. I'm PS Marines and been out for quite a while and I just go straight to WOCS. Definitely will be an odd experience going back for you. 

48 minutes ago, Lumin said:

Thats so odd that they make you do that. I'm PS Marines and been out for quite a while and I just go straight to WOCS. Definitely will be an odd experience going back for you. 

I’m Air Force, I assume that’s why. We don’t do anything in basic except stupid sh*t and learn how to make our clothes lockers look good. I assume the Army wants me to learn how to do real military stuff lol 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, FrankieGoes2Hllywood said:

That doesn’t sound too bad, like another said, I’ll take whatever and expect the worst. I’ve already played the game once so I know how it is, just one more thing I have to get through to get where I really want to be! 

I appreciate the info! 

On 8/12/2021 at 8:56 PM, Littlesqua37 said:

Thanks for the info, I’ll expect the worst and take whatever I’m dealt 👍

Shoot me a message if you want, might be able to clear up any questions you have. I’m a PS Coastie finishing up primary next month. I went through BCT as an E-6.

On 8/12/2021 at 7:37 PM, FrankieGoes2Hllywood said:

I second this. I came off the trail at Jackson a year ago and we were the same with our NCO and prior service. Funny thing was we bussed the trainees to AIT and my last cycle I brought the trainees to Rucker and had a street to seater whom I am now in CC with. 

Going to keep an eye out for a reservation email this week, the first AD guy to post on the may thread got his reservation 10 days after the results posted. I'm expecting a March-April date more than likely but clearing Carson can be a pain so trying to get all the ducks sorted ASAP.

BDE Commander approval for a CIF carry forward memo in particular is just.... insane?