How competitive? July board?

On 5/28/2021 at 3:48 AM, M2B said:

Applied for the July board. The waiting game is killing me because this is something I want really bad. 

SSG, 8 yrs (AFS waiver) 

SIFT: 45

GT: 115

APFT: 290 

NCOERs: all highly qualified (4), 3 top 10% ratings. NCOERs show improvement and growth and get better with each rating period. 

Various leadership positions: Remedial PT instructor, Platoon SGT, Recovery NCOIC, Section Sergeant, etc 

Rotations to Germany, Korea, Poland. 

Distinguished Honor Grad at ALC, 93% GPA for BLC. 

63 college credits toward a B.S. 

Strong letters of recommendations - CO, BC, CW5 CCWO. 

Very confident in my resume/summary, LORs, also my school evaluations reports, worried about my test scores. I obviously can’t retake the SIFT. Had a 115 GT score since I first enlisted, is it worth retaking it for a higher GT score? At this point I’m open to any suggestions to make my packet more competitive. 

Here are some of the averages for those accepted on the S2S board in May which you can use for your own knowledge.

Average GT score 124

16 out of 22 selected had a bachelors - 1 with an associates - 5 with an aviation license already

Average SIFT of 52

If you have time - I would suggest retaking your ASVAB - it will only help make you more competitive overall - other than that your package looks solid! Best of luck to you!

• Thanks 1

Street to Seat

ASVAB: 92

GT: 127

SIFT: 55

OPAT: Heavy

EDUCATION: Bachelors from Spain Translation and Interpreting recognized by NACES 3.0. GPA

4.0 GPA masters in Diplomacy and International Relations non recognized by NACES

FLIGHT: Private Pilot 94 hours and will accumulate more, hopefully IR rating by board (will update logbook closer to board)

LORS:  Aviation CW4, Aviation CW3, Regional Airport Director, Air Force LTC C17 Pilot, clients(I am a contractor): Company CEO, Company VP former clients wirh over 5 years of rapport/work relation.

OTHER INFO: has owned a business for the last 7 years. Speaks 5 languages. 

PHYSICAL: Class 1W Stamped at Rucker approved with ETP 

On 6/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, KTBF_RECON said:

SPC 4 YEARS ACTIVE DUTY

ASVAB GT: 127

SIFT: 55

AFCT: 507

EDUCATION: High School

FLIGHT: NO HOURS

BOARD: JULY 2021

LOR: O-3, O-5, CW3 Senior IP/IFE

Good luck! 

On 6/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, KTBF_RECON said:

SPC 4 YEARS ACTIVE DUTY

ASVAB GT: 127

SIFT: 55

AFCT: 507

EDUCATION: High School

FLIGHT: NO HOURS

LOR: O-3, O-5, CW3 Senior IP/IFE

Good Luck

5 hours ago, inquisitor90 said:

Street to Seat

ASVAB: 92

GT: 127

SIFT: 55

OPAT: Heavy

EDUCATION: Bachelors from Spain Translation and Interpreting recognized by NACES 3.0. GPA

4.0 GPA masters in Diplomacy and International Relations non recognized by NACES

FLIGHT: Private Pilot 94 hours and will accumulate more, hopefully IR rating by board (will update logbook closer to board)

LORS:  Aviation CW4, Aviation CW3, Regional Airport Director, Air Force LTC C17 Pilot, clients(I am a contractor): Company CEO, Company VP former clients wirh over 5 years of rapport/work relation.

OTHER INFO: has owned a business for the last 7 years. Speaks 5 languages. 

PHYSICAL: Class 1W Stamped at Rucker approved with ETP 

Good Luck

Street to Seat

ASVAB GT: 126

SIFT: 68

EDUCATION: Grad School

FLIGHT: 1800hrs, CFII ASEL

LOR: Most of them are my instructors and colleagues, Marine O-5 (ret), Navy O-5 (ret), My chief Flight Instructor (civilian), My primary flight instructor who was also a 20 year Air Force veteran and USAR SOF O3

WAIVERS: AGE

Good Luck y'all!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 11:40 AM, Sierra-Romeo said:

Street to Seat

ASVAB GT: 126

SIFT: 68

EDUCATION: Grad School

FLIGHT: 1800hrs, CFII ASEL

LOR: Most of them are my instructors and colleagues, Marine O-5 (ret), Navy O-5 (ret), My chief Flight Instructor (civilian), My primary flight instructor who was also a 20 year Air Force veteran and USAR SOF O3

WAIVERS: AGE

Good Luck y'all!

Good Luck

On 6/3/2021 at 10:54 PM, inquisitor90 said:

Thank you! Good luck to you too! You look pretty solid. You have plenty of time to study and retake the asvab too if you wanted to. Hopefully we will celebrating coming first week of August! 

Yes hopefully 

Your stats are all good enough. No offense to earlier comments, but I wouldn't worry about GT improvement or comparing to street to seat. 

If for some reason you're not selected, it's probably just a numbers game or you have some kind of negative records you aren't mentioning. We also can't judge what you wrote in resume, or how much you churches up your duty positions, etc., but keep in mind if they're looking at a stack of applicants, what makes you special? 

Remedial PT instructor sounds pretty lame, compared to the rest of the things you listed. Plenty of ways to highlight your performance and duties in a way that makes you stand out. Platoon sergeant can be because there was nobody else around and you were just showing up to work collecting a paycheck, or it can be you were selected amongst your peers as a SSG, and accomplished XYZ, improving not only Platoon but the Company/BN, because XYZ. 

As humbly as you can, brag about your accomplishments. 

If you're a dumdum like me, write stuff out in word in dumdum talk, then start from the top and literally just right click and check synonyms for the words you used for that extra razzle dazzle.

Good luck, you'll probably be fine. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KennyO said:

Your stats are all good enough. No offense to earlier comments, but I wouldn't worry about GT improvement or comparing to street to seat. 

If for some reason you're not selected, it's probably just a numbers game or you have some kind of negative records you aren't mentioning. We also can't judge what you wrote in resume, or how much you churches up your duty positions, etc., but keep in mind if they're looking at a stack of applicants, what makes you special? 

Remedial PT instructor sounds pretty lame, compared to the rest of the things you listed. Plenty of ways to highlight your performance and duties in a way that makes you stand out. Platoon sergeant can be because there was nobody else around and you were just showing up to work collecting a paycheck, or it can be you were selected amongst your peers as a SSG, and accomplished XYZ, improving not only Platoon but the Company/BN, because XYZ. 

As humbly as you can, brag about your accomplishments. 

If you're a dumdum like me, write stuff out in word in dumdum talk, then start from the top and literally just right click and check synonyms for the words you used for that extra razzle dazzle.

Good luck, you'll probably be fine. 

Thank you. Valid points

• 3 weeks later...

Really doesn’t seem to be a lot of noise for this board, here’s to hoping that’s a good thing. Just two ish more weeks of existential dread while we wait for that milper to come down. I’ll be in the field, but being signal I should have access to it as long as we don’t go down for weather.

In hindsight taking 30 days of leave right before the board sucks because there’s no distractions 😬.

As someone who is in, and was also selected; GT score unimportant. You over 110, you're good, SIFT score you can't do anything about, but 48 is fine. People have been selected with worse. Pray. My stats were wild the first time and I didn't get picked, second time around (like next month after) bam, was picked. Its just random AF.

• Like 1

The board is finally here, now another 2ish weeks to find out the results. Good luck everyone!

ASVAB GT: 112

SIFT: 45

APFT: 270

EDUCATION: 29 Credits, 3.85 GPA

FLIGHT: No Hours

BOARD: July 2021

LOR: CW3 (OIC), O-3 (CO CDR), O-5 (BN CDR), CW4 (AV), CW5 (AV), O-6 (AV)

PHYSICAL: Stamped

• Like 2