Possible New R22 Rival Trainer coming soon?

mechanic

I found some information on the G2

European Aviation Safety Agency

EASA

TYPE CERTIFICATE

DATA SHEET

CABRI G2

8. Airspeed limits: VNE power-on = 130 kt - 2kt / 1000 ft Zp

VNE power-off = 110 kt - 2kt / 1000 ft Zp

9. Rotor Speed Limits: Power on: 515 – 540 rpm

Power off: 450 – 610 rpm

10. Maximum Operating

Altitude 13 000 ft HP

Temperature: Refer to Flight Manual

11. Operating Limitations: Day VFR

Flight under known icing condition and aerobatic maneuvers prohibited

For additional information, refer to flight manual

12. Maximum Certified Weights: Take-off and landing 700 kg (1543 lb)

• 4 months later...

Hey,

Hope everyone’s New Year is going ok for you. I found a new video of this neat little helicopter. The company IXAir is using them in flight training. The video shows 2 in the cockpit doing some maneuvers.

I have also found a link to the Type Cert for the Cabri G2. According to the Cert. this heli does use a certified Lycom O-360-J2A, a R22BII engine. I wonder how long before we start seeing a few on this side of the pond??

EASA Type Cert Link

Looks like a very capable cool little ship. But I think it will a few centuries before it replaces the R22, unless of course, students want to start paying $500/hr for training.

Obviously there are a lot of uninformed people who post comments on youtube, however for what it's worth someone made a comment there about it being cheaper than an R-22, in France at least. Did you find somewhere that quoted $500 an hour, Goldy? Or is that an educated guess?

I think competition is a great thing, and as much as I like Robbies, I think a little competition will only make them better.

I converted the dollar to Canadian dollars. 489cad= 385usd for R22 time. Used rates from a school in AB Can.

I converted the dollar to Euro. 440euro= 565usd for R22 time.

I converted the dollar to Euro. 700euro= 899usd for R44 time.

Used a school rate from France.

So yes they may be paying 390euro= 500usd for Cabri G2??????

Here is a fairly new article from AINonline. AINonline link This link says the G2 currently sells for $360k, Raven 1 and 300c range.

"The Cabri is roomier, more comfortable and faster. It has a big luggage compartment, is crashworthy and has more range." according to Guimbal, over the R22.

They are also claiming higher TBO's to offset the price tag..

Did you find somewhere that quoted $500 an hour, Goldy? Or is that an educated guess?

It's not a guess, its an estimate! In legal terms there is a difference! Just based on the selling price you can pretty well figure out what a flight school would have to charge.

I still want to fly one if anyone has one laying around.

BTW, Robinson just announced their end of year results. 893 new Robbies were built. 164 of those were R22's, leaving 729 R44's.

I'd love to see Cabri at HAI this year..

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

• 11 months later...

I just read an update article on this ship in Aviation International News. Apparently they are trying to complete two ships per month, and they have had 5 orders since June. The company claims to have "200 prospective customers". The kicker is, this little ship is 350K. I don't see it replacing the R22 any time soon.

• 4 years later...

And thanks to our God!

We have nice bird. Nice quality. Nice aircraft performance characteristics. Reliable engine build by Subaru for its aircrafts. And some artificial constraints regarding "non certified/ not aviation" gives us the real chance to look forward and implement other goals. :)

The Aerocopter team is happy to say "Hello!" to all of you, dear Aviation Aces! You are the best.

Charles_Lindbergh.jpg