Alouette Helicopters Declared Illegal Immigrants by the FAA

Thought we were going to have a big fire season, but it started raining about every 3 days.

Should have come out and visited us in Los Angeles last month !!

Should have come out and visited us in Los Angeles last month !!

The contract we have with the state is a year long contract. We have to maintain a presence here.

bossman

I just got caught up on this thread as well. Political B.S never ceases to amaze me.

Wishing you all the best Bossman, don't let em wear you down!

Thanks, Chopper. We just talked to a couple of other operators. Since our revocation the Feds have really taken a low profile as far as the Allouetts are concerned. They have backed off the voluntary surrender and as far as we can tell they have not done anymore 44709 inspections. All the other operators are still flying everyday. Still haven't heard from our attorney on whether or not our lawsuit has been filed. He contacts us when he wants money. We contact him when we want an update and he keeps telling us that things are on tract. Who knows?

bossman

• 4 months later...
Any updates bossman? Your alouettes flying in the US again? Or did you take them out of country?

Hey Photo,

We have sold all our Alouettes. The irony is that the last one we sold to an operator that uses them on a US government contract in Texas. Go figure. The Ft. Worth Rotorcraft Directorate has been going through a lot of changes. There have been at least 15 inspectors moved or let go. There are several lawsuits pending and it's getting hard to subpoena witnesses from the FAA. They have offered a couple of settlement deals but they have not come up with enough money, and they want no public disclosure. I told them not enough money and we want full apologies from the agency and the inspectors involved. Waiting on a reply. Looks like we'll be going after the inspectors as individuals since the FAA has thrown them out to the wolves. It's just now getting really good.

bossman

Hey Photo,

We have sold all our Alouettes. The irony is that the last one we sold to an operator that uses them on a US government contract in Texas. Go figure. The Ft. Worth Rotorcraft Directorate has been going through a lot of changes. There have been at least 15 inspectors moved or let go. There are several lawsuits pending and it's getting hard to subpoena witnesses from the FAA. They have offered a couple of settlement deals but they have not come up with enough money, and they want no public disclosure. I told them not enough money and we want full apologies from the agency and the inspectors involved. Waiting on a reply. Looks like we'll be going after the inspectors as individuals since the FAA has thrown them out to the wolves. It's just now getting really good.

bossman

Glad to hear things seem to be going your way Bossman. Are you still doing anything in Manila? If so what?

Glad to hear things seem to be going your way Bossman. Are you still doing anything in Manila? If so what?

Manila has kind of been on hold. We have two Alouettes over there. They are being used by our partner in Manila. We are going to try to establish a FH1100 dealership later this year.

It really bums me out 'cause I was looking forward to flying an Alouette one day. I guess I'll have to settle for an A-star or something. But that's a while off.

I just had a thought: Have those inspectors buy those Alouettes back for you.

Anyhow...

Later

The Feds aren't taking that low of a profile. They are coming to our operations (Central California) next Tuesday and we understand that they plan to leave with the certificates for both of our Alouettes. That leaves us with a 206B11 to do a lot of crop spraying and it will barely lift a sick prostitute off a toilet. We've gotten our national association involve and plan to bring suit against the FAA. But all that takes a lot of time and we don't have any because our season is right around the corner. Another good example of our government helping us. It's a shame because I have about 18,000 hours of ag time in helicopters and the Alouette II is by far the best and safest I've every flown. I believe that the FAA is porbably the greatest hinderance to safety of any agency in this country. Fly safe everbody.

helojim39

Sell them to the Texas outfit and lease them back or talk to BMs legal eagle at least he has answers to some of the questions they will ask

Why is one office trying to settle and another is starting the film again?

Still who understands Government departments after all it is only our money they waste.

Glad to hear you are moving forward BM, do you think it is worth perusing the individuals. :ph34r:

The Feds aren't taking that low of a profile. They are coming to our operations (Central California) next Tuesday and we understand that they plan to leave with the certificates for both of our Alouettes. That leaves us with a 206B11 to do a lot of crop spraying and it will barely lift a sick prostitute off a toilet. We've gotten our national association involve and plan to bring suit against the FAA. But all that takes a lot of time and we don't have any because our season is right around the corner. Another good example of our government helping us. It's a shame because I have about 18,000 hours of ag time in helicopters and the Alouette II is by far the best and safest I've every flown. I believe that the FAA is porbably the greatest hinderance to safety of any agency in this country. Fly safe everbody.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

That's an attaboy helojim. everyone that flies in this country for a living really should pay attention to what a rogue agency our FAA has become . not just alouette drivers,if they can do it to these guys who is next. The FAA works for the public not vise verse. Fly safe big jim.

Hey Bossman,

I sent another letter to my Congressman Peter DeFazio-Aviation Subcommittee-about the Alouette situation. I bet I get another letter from him saying bla-de-bla and such. Pretty much the same as the others. At least he said the committee would investigate the Miegs Field issue back in 02. Not much done there except fines for Daley and Chicago. I expect not much here either. At least I can write him a note he can ignore.

Later

You need to call me before the inspection. 304-752-0094

bossman

• 2 weeks later...

Helojim,

How did things turn out with the friendly FAA visit? Its great they decided to come right before your season gets started! Are you guys sprayin trees out there or what?

B

Well, the feds came in, complimented us on our operation, our paper work, our aircraft and then declared both of our Alouettes unairworthy. Just another good example of our government saying us from ourselves. I'm not sure what our next move is but until then I guess I'll fly our 206BII which is like digging a ditch with a teaspoon.

It's pretty slow now because most of the tree work is done with ground rigs when the weather is good.

post-12994-1210344777_thumb.jpg

Well, the feds came in, complimented us on our operation, our paper work, our aircraft and then declared both of our Alouettes unairworthy. Just another good example of our government saying us from ourselves. I'm not sure what our next move is but until then I guess I'll fly our 206BII which is like digging a ditch with a teaspoon.

It's pretty slow now because most of the tree work is done with ground rigs when the weather is good.

On what grounds did they declare them unairworthy? Are you operating them in Restricted category? If you are, the rules are a little bit different. If it is the same BS that Bossman went though, I would suggest that you contact HAI and talk with them. However, the FAA seems to be going out of their way to ground just about every Restricted Category aircraft out there.

On what grounds did they declare them unairworthy? Are you operating them in Restricted category? If you are, the rules are a little bit different. If it is the same BS that Bossman went though, I would suggest that you contact HAI and talk with them. However, the FAA seems to be going out of their way to ground just about every Restricted Category aircraft out there.

[/quote

The feds are saying that the Alouettes did not have type certificates when they left the factory which is not true. All Alouettes had type certificates (7H1) when they were manufactured but since they went into the German army, they weren't maintained. We had a letter of attestation saying that our Alouettes met the specifications of the original type certificate from the S.G.A.C. (France's equivalent of our F.A.A.) and that was accepted on some 70 aircraft but now the feds are saying that is not the right documentation. And yes we were operating them in restricted category and never applied for a standard airwortheriness certificate. We have been in touch with Bossman. We have also spent some $70,000 + defending our airwortheriness certificates and will probably sue the F.A.A. or join some lawsuits that are already in place. We have a lot of people working on this thing, so we'll see. In the mean time we'll probably buy a couple of OH58's that haul 50 gallons less than the Alouette. Fly safe, Helojim39

With the government screwing you are really screwed !!!!!!!!.

After 25 years of these helios being used with US paperwork why now?

With BM having his grounded MONTHS ago due to supposed incorrect papers,"their mistake" you should all have been notified at the same time to ground your Alouettes, it cannot be a safety problem with this time difference, if they are that slack, that an in depth review of their procedures should be carried out as a matter of urgency.

Or is there another agenda, that owners are not being informed of.

• 7 months later...
The feds are saying that the Alouettes did not have type certificates when they left the factory which is not true. All Alouettes had type certificates (7H1) when they were manufactured but since they went into the German army, they weren't maintained. We had a letter of attestation saying that our Alouettes met the specifications of the original type certificate from the S.G.A.C. (France's equivalent of our F.A.A.) and that was accepted on some 70 aircraft but now the feds are saying that is not the right documentation. And yes we were operating them in restricted category and never applied for a standard airwortheriness certificate. We have been in touch with Bossman. We have also spent some $70,000 + defending our airwortheriness certificates and will probably sue the F.A.A. or join some lawsuits that are already in place. We have a lot of people working on this thing, so we'll see. In the mean time we'll probably buy a couple of OH58's that haul 50 gallons less than the Alouette. Fly safe, Helojim39

Any new updates?

Nothing much new. The FAA is still going around trying to revoke certs. Ours is in the court system. No idea of a time frame. They can delay as long as they want to, now. We have weathered the storm and have no intentions of going away.

Nothing much new. The FAA is still going around trying to revoke certs. Ours is in the court system. No idea of a time frame. They can delay as long as they want to, now. We have weathered the storm and have no intentions of going away.

You ended up selling your ships right?