110 replies to this topic

#41 camsbaugh

camsbaugh

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 15:16

My recruiter didn't tell me the stats but he did say ocs selection rate was 100% so I imagine it's comparable.
  • camsbaugh likes this

#42 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Happy Hookers, Steel Rain, Black Deaths,
    Tiny Birds
  • Company working for:The Largest Machine on Earth

Posted 18 July 2017 - 16:08

Congrats! Any word about the stats from the civilian board?

Bump x2

#43 camsbaugh

camsbaugh

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 16:43

According to my recruiter I was told...

16/16
GPA-3.3
Sift-60
Gt-128

But at 100% selection it's not like stats matter.

#44 mdeneso

mdeneso

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 16:46

According to my recruiter I was told...

16/16
GPA-3.3
Sift-60
Gt-128

But at 100% selection it's not like stats matter.

Thanks for the info great to see a great selection rate for the civilian applicants. Now another week of waiting for the AD Milper to release.

#45 Azdobbins77

Azdobbins77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 17:22

Just found this thread so I thought I'd throw my stuff out and see what you guys think.

Degree: 48 hours from credit evaluation towards general degree
GT: 126
SIFT: 76
APFT: 267
Flight Phys: Stamped no waivers
Flight time: None
Military: 7 years E4 in EOD
LORs: 1LT acting commander
Major acting BC
CW5 brigade TACOPS

I'm a first time submission so here's to hoping.
Thanks for your time!

#46 taylor860

taylor860

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 21:07

Got picked up!! Woot woot!
Pullin for everybody else!
  • Capt Figgy likes this

#47 Luofynerd

Luofynerd

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. ARMY- AH-64D/E Technical Inspector

Posted 18 July 2017 - 22:25

Congrats to all the civilians selected. Hopefully the numbers are kind to the guys and gals on active duty as well.

#48 bencall113

bencall113

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Company working for:WOFT

Posted 19 July 2017 - 00:48

Congratulations everyone! Posted on the May board got FQ-NS, this will be my second look hope I get picked up! Last minute I got deployed to Afghanland and currently still here. All the WO here are very anxious for help in the flight section. I'm 11 bravo so they are wanting soldiers to fly. Hope to see you all soon in Mother Rucker. Be safe and stay vigilant. Please someone message me when they post the results for AD. I am chomping at the bit here.
  • Lindsey likes this

#49 Cubicle2Cockpit

Cubicle2Cockpit

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:02

For you civilians guys, If you know that you have been selected this early in the week does that mean that Rucker has already given you the approval? I was under the impression that the battalion board meets during the week posted on the usarec website, interviews you, gives you the yes, sends their recommendation to Rucker, then Rucker decides if you're selected. Or am I just all wrong?

#50 Willbyerow

Willbyerow

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:14

Degree: 21 Credits Towards Intelligence Operations
GT: 124
SIFT: 68
APFT: 256
Flight Phys: Stamped w/ waiver (approved)
Military: 6 years, E5 MI

Deployment: SOJTF-A deployment as SOT-B NCOIC; awarded CAB.

Awards: JSCM, JSAM
LORs:

CW5 Director of Flight Standardization for IERW Flight Training at Ft. Rucker/State Aviation Standardization Officer for ALARNG

Pretty anxious to see the results next Wednesday. When I submitted my packet, I was shooting for the September board; however, it got approved within a few days and I will be competing in the current board.

• kimjohnson815 likes this

#51 camsbaugh

camsbaugh

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:27

For you civilians guys, If you know that you have been selected this early in the week does that mean that Rucker has already given you the approval? I was under the impression that the battalion board meets during the week posted on the usarec website, interviews you, gives you the yes, sends their recommendation to Rucker, then Rucker decides if you're selected. Or am I just all wrong?

#52 camsbaugh

camsbaugh

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:29

No, as a civilian I had the batallion board last month. My recruiter said the Rucker board looks at the civilian applicants first and releases a memo to the recruiters as soon as they're done assessing.

#53 Lindsey

Lindsey

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts
  • Interests:Autos.
  • Company working for:U.S. Army Aviation/Civilian CFI

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:59

You interview in person with the Battalion board according to your local recruiting BN's schedule. It's different for every BN. If they recommend you, your packet is forwarded to the board at HRC, which is the one that ultimately decides selection on a national level--those are the dates you see on the USAREC website. However, the "packet cutoff" dates you see on there are for those currently active duty, not civilians, so don't mind that. The *general* rule is that for civilians your packet cutoff date is five business days before the board. However that can change.

#54 Lindsey

Lindsey

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts
  • Interests:Autos.
  • Company working for:U.S. Army Aviation/Civilian CFI

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:59

Degree: 21 Credits Towards Intelligence Operations
GT: 124
SIFT: 68
APFT: 256
Flight Phys: Stamped w/ waiver (approved)
Military: 6 years, E5 MI
Deployment: SOJTF-A deployment as SOT-B NCOIC; awarded CAB.
Awards: JSCM, JSAM
LORs:
   CW5 Director of Flight Standardization for IERW Flight Training at Ft. Rucker/State Aviation Standardization Officer for ALARNG

Pretty anxious to see the results next Wednesday. When I submitted my packet, I was shooting for the September board; however, it got approved within a few days and I will be competing in the current board.

Nice LoR.

#55 Luofynerd

Luofynerd

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. ARMY- AH-64D/E Technical Inspector

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:58

Nice LoR.

Your BFF just posted in the "do most soldiers want aviation thread" lmao!
  • Lindsey likes this

#56 dukun8ter

dukun8ter

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Human intelligence, law enforcement
  • Company working for:Signal Hill PD Dispatcher and Jailer/Civilian, Reserve Police Officer Lvl 1-D, Sept 2017 WOFT Select

Posted 19 July 2017 - 14:08

I'm starting to get confused with all the dates, but congrats guys!  :mellow:  I just know that in my area, I have my board interview tomorrow. Anyone else still have their interview coming up?

So this is what I understand so far:

The actual board interview is strictly for recommendation only. The board interview score is added to the rest of your packet to be completed, which is then sent to HRC to be evaluated and selections are made at this level. Right?

#57 StockTrader

StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:CW2, US Army, 64 Driver

Posted 19 July 2017 - 14:20

I'm starting to get confused with all the dates, but congrats guys!  :mellow:  I just know that in my area, I have my board interview tomorrow. Anyone else still have their interview coming up?

So this is what I understand so far:
The actual board interview is strictly for recommendation only. The board interview score is added to the rest of your packet to be completed, which is then sent to HRC to be evaluated and selections are made at this level. Right?

Correct
  • dukun8ter likes this

#58 dukun8ter

dukun8ter

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Human intelligence, law enforcement
  • Company working for:Signal Hill PD Dispatcher and Jailer/Civilian, Reserve Police Officer Lvl 1-D, Sept 2017 WOFT Select

Posted 20 July 2017 - 16:22

Correct

Well in that case, just got recommended on my board 3/3. The said they're sending my packet to get evaluated by the end of today. And now, just the waiting game and getting into stellar shape. Thanks everyone for all your input/responses to all the WOFT threads.

#59 WOFT applicant

WOFT applicant

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 16:22

I was selected, but have not enlisted yet due to confusion about the contract when I went to MEPS. Now that the confusion's been cleared up, I'm planning to go back and get dates for basic and WOCS. Had I enlisted the other day, I would have started basic in November, and WOCS in February. Hopefully, those dates don't get pushed back because of this brief delay.

Does anyone know how quickly WOCS classes fill up?

• dukun8ter likes this

#60 adriel0491

adriel0491

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:46

2 more days! I'm going crazy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Helmet FX Home 200NFCVRForum200HomeHeliHelmets-VR HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Able_VRHOme200Genesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200DevoreHome200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016