232 replies to this topic

#221 Hodor60

Hodor60

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 20:08

No, the DL is now part of the 5 week WOCS course. The only thing you have to do before hand are the 2 essays.

Thats what I thought. And the two essays will be on blackboard which I should get an email about when the time comes closer for me to head out Im sure?

The welcome letter I got wasnt very informative, took me a bit to figure out the milsuite portion, and even then my class isnt up there since its not until next fy.

#222 adriel0491

adriel0491

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:03

Oct-Nov 2017

#223 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 13:26

Oh wow. Didn't expect land nav to take down people.

Any suggestions for land nav or is it people that don't take it seriously?

All depends on the points you get. Most cards have points that are literally roadside. A few guys I know got some tough points or points incredible close to each other and they chose the wrong one.

Dont make it hard on yourself, use the roads.

#224 Seminole

Seminole

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 18:35

All depends on the points you get. Most cards have points that are literally roadside. A few guys I know got some tough points or points incredible close to each other and they chose the wrong one.

Dont make it hard on yourself, use the roads.

Did those guys get recycled or just fail outright?

#225 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 18:45

They failed day one and everyone passed the retest. We were actually a trial class that didnt get a practice, so there were actually two retest days.

I want to say you just get recycled for a land nav failure, but Im not totally certain on that.

#226 Rotarywing90

Rotarywing90

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:21

Just checked email: 19-020 class
Report: 2019 aug 27

See you guys there.

#227 Willhp

Willhp

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 15:22

They failed day one and everyone passed the retest. We were actually a trial class that didnt get a practice, so there were actually two retest days.

I want to say you just get recycled for a land nav failure, but Im not totally certain on that.

That is correct, if you do not pass retest day then you get recycled to the next class that is starting land nav. If you do not pass it after the next 2 attempts, they send you to the Commandant for a decision on whether to let you have another attempt or go home. If it comes to that, you will be subject to a one year wait and reapply. This happened to someone in a class ahead of me. The person failed an academic test, then both days of land nav. Recycled to another class, passed land nav but failed both attempts at the final academics test and was sent back to their unit having to wait a year and reapply.

#228 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 15:36

If you fail any of the academic tests in WOCS you deserve to be sent home. I don’t think they could be made any easier apart from having the answers already filled in.

#229 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:39

If you fail any of the academic tests in WOCS you deserve to be sent home. I dont think they could be made any easier apart from having the answers already filled in.

All of WOCS is this way. Just play the game and do the right thing and its an easy 7 (now 5) weeks.

#230 Spitfirepeter

Spitfirepeter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:14

All of WOCS is this way. Just play the game and do the right thing and its an easy 7 (now 5) weeks.

When did it switch from 7 weeks to 5 weeks?

#231 Willhp

Willhp

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:04

When did it switch from 7 weeks to 5 weeks?

The first of 3 trial courses was October/November 2018 and because of the success rate of those trial courses all WOCS courses switched from 7 to 5 week courses.

#232 montyC

montyC

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 14:14

on the civilian side, how will we know of the results? are we included in the milper message or do we just literally get an email/call from our recruiter?

#233 Hodor60

Hodor60

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 18:36

On the wait list for classes 19,20,21. Heres to hoping I get one of them! I dont wanna wait till next FY!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Spectrum_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200FreeFlight_Home200HeliHelmets-VR HomePrecisionVRForumHome200BLR 200MaunaLoaVRHome200