Total Hours at end of service commitment WOFT

You will get about 210 hours in flight school. Depending on the aircraft you fly, your semi annual requirements can vary from 50-70 hours. For a FAC1 58D pilot, we need 140 hours per year. Deployments can let people rack up hundreds of hours in a short time.

I knew of a few warrants who came up on the end of their first commission (7-8 years) and only had a bit over 1,500 hours TT. That was with two tours over seas as well. You don't fly a lot as an Army aviator. Don't plan on it being an hour building session because it won't be.

I knew of a few warrants who came up on the end of their first commission (7-8 years) and only had a bit over 1,500 hours TT. That was with two tours over seas as well. You don't fly a lot as an Army aviator. Don't plan on it being an hour building session because it won't be.

Especially not if you are Medevac. This deployment was only 178 hrs, from mob to back in the states! And I had one of the highest flight times in our company.

1500 is high for Black Hawks. You can get there but only if you stay focused on flying and you don't end up in units that are down for a while (like getting stuck on a rear detachment while the main unit is deployed). You'd probably need to spend most of your time in an assault unit too. I know the rest of the airframes can get more. Slowing down deployments won't hurt Black Hawks much though.

You will get about 210 hours in flight school. Depending on the aircraft you fly, your semi annual requirements can vary from 50-70 hours. For a FAC1 58D pilot, we need 140 hours per year. Deployments can let people rack up hundreds of hours in a short time.

?

Do you get that much more time in the 58? I got just under 130 for -60s. 47 of which was in the -60 (82 in the -67....we didn't do the A/C then.) 56 MORE hours in the sim, but it doesn't count towards total time on the 759, only towards totals for senior/master wings.

I'm mid 7s right now, and have another 2.5 years on my commitment. Getting 10-15 hours a week now... We'll see where I'm at come September when my ADOS tour is up.

Edited by CharyouTree

So since you guys dont get to fly often, what do you do in the meantime?

Me? I completed the AVWOAC distance learning and did an ME checkride. Others? Air soft, Call of Duty, etc..

We did do single ship training missions within 10 nm of our COB. That, along with MTFs and staying engaged resulted in my whopping 178 hrs. Most ended up with less than 150 hrs.

We had one busy month where I got 50 hrs in one 30 day period. Those on R&R during that time ended up with 125 ish hrs.

Right now...with a broken fibula and two screws in my ankle, I'm getting NADA.

Edited by Rob Lyman

What warrant officer rank usually gets the most flight time WO1 CW2 CW3 CW4 CW5?

Well, excluding deployments, a W1 or 2LT will fly almost 200 hours (including sim and TH67) in about a year, maybe less.

What warrant officer rank usually gets the most flight time WO1 CW2 CW3 CW4 CW5?

As a CW2 and full time MTP/ME, I run pretty close to our CW4 full time IP/IEs each year. 235 hrs for me and about 245-250 for them. Most CW5s I know fly very rarely.

PC and IP seem to be more important for flight time than rank.

From what you've seen what percentage of people just do the minimum and get out?

Also, dropping by Ft Lewis in a couple weeks and like to bring some goodies when I do. Last time was before Christmas so brought some "Christmas calories" as I referred to them. Any preferred snack for you Warrants?

Well, truth be told, they do have a soda machine in the breakroom too. I didnt always drink coffee. Mello Yello does hit the spot when its hot.

That being said, Caffeine rights were sooooooooo nice when we got them.