CH-47 vs. AH-64

That was exactly the point. I'm just poking fun from the outside because I have no experience with either one. Although, I will say, I was slightly jealous of the 47 on my last deployment. We had 2-3 of them come out to the ship. Fully loaded cabin and they were like "No power check for me. I think I will just pick up and bank off the side." We have to sit there and get a torque check to make sure we aren't going to fall out of the sky after we take off. Think of going from a HIGE to HOGE in about the blink of an eye.

The Chinook version would say, "I shall fear no evil, cause I've got a belly full of badass, high trained sons of bitches, with a .50 cal on the back and we will mess your sh*t up!!"

3 of them actually. That is whole lot of hate and discontent.

64s are a great platform. Great sensor integration between the front and rear seat dudes makes target handoff extremely easy. Not to mention the quality of the FLIR is vastly superior to what we use right now. TSS will be a huge upgrade for us. Also mast mounted radar and Lima model hellfire. 30mm is an animal of a round. Apache dudes literally lob flying hand grenades at terrorists. Here is a pic of the comparison between a 30mm, 20mm, .50 cal, and 5.56. Noticeable difference in size.

post-26895-0-58833200-1369413611_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

that is amazing!!! great job on the pic...lol it's my newest desktop pic for my phone now lmao

and the planet fitness one is HILARIOUS cause almost all the muscle bound supplement takers here are in fox company as 47 mechanics lol im crying im laughing so hard!!! lets see if I can find one for you 47 dudes

ok so I tried looking for some good Chinook/Apache comparison and when I search for Apache stuff all that comes up is how it kills the enemy and saves the lives of the infantry soldier... but when I look for Chinook stuff all I can find is how it crashes all the time and kills all the "badasses" that its carrying at the time...

you feel that? yeah, that's a normal feeling... it's usually associated with Apache's chalking up yet another point on the board. lol

As a former 47 flight engineer, I am a bit biased but when going to the field I got to load all my gear, cooler and other extras with me on the bird. My 64 crew chief friends had to ride out in a truck. A 64 goes down and a 47 can bring it back....47 goes down about all the 64 can do is watch or blow it up :) Max speed per Boeing site 170 knots for 47 and 153 for 64. Doesn't say anything about dive speeds.

Yeah I had to delete my first couple of responses...

Think before you post. That's all I can say.

but when I look for Chinook stuff all I can find is how it crashes all the time and kills all the "badasses" that its carrying at the time...

you feel that? yeah, that's a normal feeling... it's usually associated with Apache's chalking up yet another point on the board. lol

• Like 3

sorry if I hit a nerve rob, trust me when I say I have nothing but respect and love for anyone and anything in aviation. we are all brothers and sisters in aviation and have to take care of each other like we always do. this thread is intended to be comical and a fun place to poke fun at each other about different airframes. I feel that my comment was within those bounds and did not show any disrespect to anyone that has lost their life for our great nation or fellow brotherhood/sisterhood.

Edited by Yamer

I think it all boils down to what job/mission you want to fly. If flying steep approach to hot LZs get you off, then I'd stick with the 47 but if killing bad people and destroying things is what you're after, then 64 all the way.

It's like comparing a Porsche with a Mabach. Both are great cars but in different ways. I wouldn't expect a 47 to provide effective air support for ground guys just like I wouldn't expect a 64 to perform an air assault.