Jan 2014 WOFT Board

Holy wocs in September? That seem kinda far out to anyone else?

That's what I was thinking too, but I think I remember other people said they were leaving in Oct. Actually it was reading this thread and hearing how far off some people's ship dates were that made me get in gear and go see a recruiter instead of waiting a while.

BCT July, WOCS 15-002 October

If youre going to Benning, we're going through BCT and WOCS together. Ive been getting some emails about WOCS from Ft. Knox, but havent seen a date. How did you get yours and is there a way to look it up? I know im in the Oct. class but forget the day, saw it written down when I signed.

Did your enployer know it was comming?

Unless they viewed my internet traffic and pieced that puzzle together, the only thing they got was a 2 week notice.

• Like 1

I received the Official Notification of Transfer to the US Army on Thursday. My report date is 24 September for the 1 October class

Jeep,

Is that as in hard copies? Official orders?

Did you get em via email?

Jeep,

Is that as in hard copies? Official orders?

Did you get em via email?

It's not official orders, it's the start to it though. It's what you take to a local recruiter for them to process you, so if I'm not mistaken hey start the process. The notification has all the things that have to be done, most of it is for the recruiter looks like.

Unless they viewed my internet traffic and pieced that puzzle together, the only thing they got was a 2 week notice.

What kind of work did you do before getting selected?

Reason I'm curious is, IDK when I should inform my employer of my WOFT plans. Part of me knows that I should probably tell them now, in the event I get picked up in May or July so they have ample time to find a replacement. But I fear I will either be 1) Dismissed then, and then have to find another job until getting picked up, or 2) Be kept around, but removed from my mgmt role, and no longer eligible for bonuses and raises.

Reason I'm curious is, IDK when I should inform my employer of my WOFT plans. Part of me knows that I should probably tell them now, in the event I get picked up in May or July so they have ample time to find a replacement. But I fear I will either be 1) Dismissed then, and then have to find another job until getting picked up, or 2) Be kept around, but removed from my mgmt role, and no longer eligible for bonuses and raises.

Corporate job, not important, and part time CFI.

What is important is unless you are selected first there is no reason at all to risk present/future standing w your job. The time between selection to ship will serve as your replacement lead time. I cant think of many jobs that require more than the standard two week notice. Without a unique job like that, I would keep my mouth shut and not count my eggs before they hatch. Max notice for mgmt job would be four weeks if my boss were sensitive to foreknowledge of leaving.

Been lurking for a while and here is my two cents about this topic.

Ardo- notifying you employer can be favorable or unfavorable. I think it depends on your current employer and if they value your development. I have a corporate job and notified my employer about my woft application. They were glad I was forthcoming about my personal goal and they support me for pursuing my dream. Plus it can open the door for a letter of recommendation from your boss.

Corporate job, not important, and part time CFI.

What is important is unless you are selected first there is no reason at all to risk present/future standing w your job. The time between selection to ship will serve as your replacement lead time. I cant think of many jobs that require more than the standard two week notice. Without a unique job like that, I would keep my mouth shut and not count my eggs before they hatch. Max notice for mgmt job would be four weeks if my boss were sensitive to foreknowledge of leaving.

You know, your right! I never considered the ship date lead time. How long is that usually?

Been lurking for a while and here is my two cents about this topic.

Ardo- notifying you employer can be favorable or unfavorable. I think it depends on your current employer and if they value your development. I have a corporate job and notified my employer about my woft application. They were glad I was forthcoming about my personal goal and they support me for pursuing my dream. Plus it can open the door for a letter of recommendation from your boss.[/quote

Agreed, and a LoR from him probably wouldn't hurt.

You have to find a good recruiter, willing to help you. I discovered the hard way.

You have to stay on them and double check their/your work. Ask to see it in the GCR, keep copies, keep a checklist, and if your packet takes a while, make sure all your documents haven't expired.

It took me just over two years.... Stay with it.