Leaving for WOCS in 3 weeks, square me away

Hey everyone, I'm new here. Found this forum after googling for some WOCS advice.

I've been reading the threads about WOCS and people who graduated but I'm not sure if those information are still relevant.

I'm leaving in 3 weeks and here's the intel I got so far, looking to go in there fully prepared... Any help appreciated.

What I know:

1. Study the WOCSOP like a bible. I have a pdf version but it was dated Nov 2007. Is there an updated version that I can download on pdf? I've seen it on sites but would have to buy it.

2. Know the Soldier's Creed and Army Song by heart.

3. Yes sir, No sir, to the TAC officers

4. Teamwork is vital, individuality = fail

My current concerns:

1. Stenciling.

I will not be reporting 10 days prior because I am not PCSing. I will be heading home to my unit after 7 weeks of WOCS. (I'm not transitioning straight to flight school because funding hasn't been approved yet...

So with that being said, I'll report to WOCS 1 day prior before my class starts. That gives 1 day of stenciling everything. I have a good feeling that I'll be setting myself up for failure if I use that 1 day to stencil everything. So should I stencil everything before I leave? If so, what is the current information on stenciling (don't have current WOCSOP).

2. Land nav: I haven't done land nav since BCT in 2009. It's my main concern.. I've heard horror stories. Is there any website out there that can help me refresh on land nav so that I prepare myself?

That's all I got for now... Any insights from guys who just recently graduated would be awesome. Thanks everyone.

Step one: Stop Worrying

Step two: Don't worry so much.

Seriously, you will not actually start wocs on your ATTRS start date, so you will be fine on stenciling. You can't actually make the right stencil until you get there, they have a machine. More later.

• Like 1

Secondly, I don't think I ever read the WOCSOP all the way through once. We had plenty of time to get our rooms squared away (of course once that time elapsed it was game on). But do you need to know the WOCSOP like the bible, absolutely not. Just don't be the dummy who stands up and asks your primary TAC a question that is clearly defined in the SOP, anything that is not clearly defined in there, will be, by standards officer. We had two land nag failures, both because they were too worried to be successful the first time and wrote their points down wrong on the second go. There is nothing to worry about land nav, if you are shaky on it, just don't be the guy in the back during the pretest not asking questions or fessing up that you have no clue.

Unless asked a direct question or something where the appropriate response was 'yes, sir,' I always called my TACs 'Mr' or 'Mrs.'

Secondly, I don't think I ever read the WOCSOP all the way through once. We had plenty of time to get our rooms squared away (of course once that time elapsed it was game on). But do you need to know the WOCSOP like the bible, absolutely not. Just don't be the dummy who stands up and asks your primary TAC a question that is clearly defined in the SOP, anything that is not clearly defined in there, will be, by standards officer. We had two land nag failures, both because they were too worried to be successful the first time and wrote their points down wrong on the second go. There is nothing to worry about land nav, if you are shaky on it, just don't be the guy in the back during the pretest not asking questions or fessing up that you have no clue.

Unless asked a direct question or something where the appropriate response was 'yes, sir,' I always called my TACs 'Mr' or 'Mrs.'

Appreciate the insight. The Facebook group with most of our class on it is nerve city right now. OP, are you part of the 14-10 Facebook group?

• Like 1

Seriously, you will not actually start wocs on your ATTRS start date, so you will be fine on stenciling. You can't actually make the right stencil until you get there, they have a machine. More later.

What do you mean you won't start on your start date? I have a start date of 23APR ending 29MAY. Is there a white space in-processing phase or something like that counting for some of the 35 days?

What do you mean you won't start on your start date? I have a start date of 23APR ending 29MAY. Is there a white space in-processing phase or something like that counting for some of the 35 days?

McClain, do you know who else will be in that class with you?

You can't actually make the right stencil until you get there, they have a machine. More later.

A machine? Kids these days. I remember whittling my stencil out of a tree branch I found while rucking 25 miles. Then I had to use berries I found out around Lake Tholocco as dye.

• Like 1

My ATRRS apart date was Oct 1, it was a Monday, I didn't meet my tacs until Friday. I was in temp barracks on the night of the 2nd. Still had my phone until Friday morning, had day zero of WOCS on Friday. 0+1, and 0+2 over the weekend, training day 1 was Monday.

My ATRRS apart date was Oct 1, it was a Monday, I didn't meet my tacs until Friday. I was in temp barracks on the night of the 2nd. Still had my phone until Friday morning, had day zero of WOCS on Friday. 0+1, and 0+2 over the weekend, training day 1 was Monday.

Did your class still graduate on the published end date that was in ATRRS?

Don't worry about it so much you'll be fine and you'll pass it just like almost everybody else does.

Only people who didn't make it were a guy who literally almost died during a run because he had some weird breathing problem and another lady who literally couldn't run 1/4 mile without dry heaving and passing out.

Land nav kicked a couple people back to the next class and I think 2 or 3 people failed one of the multiple choice tests too many times.

Just roll with it and get it over with. Plus WOCS is the best source of motivation while you're in flight school. Once you graduate and you are in flight training and you think you're having a bad day just drive by the WOCS barracks and smile at the fact that you don't have to do THAT again.

Everytime I have a bad day I go eat lunch in the DFAC and look over at WOCS students. That always makes me feel better lol.

• Like 1

I was just eating at the DFAC. There was a snowbird candidate class in there.

They all looked tired, scared, and had no hair.

Have fun!

I'm gonna mean mug the sh*t outta you if I see you in there when I show up. Tired no haired mean mug the hell out of you.

• Like 1