Spouse/significant others reactions to WOFT

Rendezvouswithdestiny needs to go rendezvous with some Zoloft...

Your posts are confusing, illogical and rage filled. Stop trying to act like you represent the RLO corps, you don't. That's based on my 19 years of commissioned service. Go get ready for Air Assault school or something and leave the aviation forums to the pilots.

I just died lmfao.

Since the thread was brought back to the top, figured i'd add in an update. We had the talk, i told her im still pursuing this, we parted ways. Guess it wasnt meant to be with me and her.

Sorry to hear that. If you care about WOCS that much though it was the best decision. I saw this report a few weeks ago and thought of your situation:

http://www.stripes.com/news/study-90-percent-of-military-spouses-underemployed-1.267239

The numbers are probably even worse for spouses who are more highly qualified. It's almost certain sticking together would have required one of you to give up on your dream career.

Your posts are confusing, illogical and rage filled. Stop trying to act like you represent the RLO corps, you don't. That's based on my 19 years of commissioned service. Go get ready for Air Assault school or something and leave the aviation forums to the pilots.

Show some respect. She is an active duty commissioned officer. Did I mention she is a commissioned officer, on active duty? Active duty.

• Like 2

Also, to the OP: Cut sling load dude. If your gal wont support you in achieving your dreams, she's not worth it. Keep in mind that at the end of the day, marriage isn't rainbows and fairytales, it's a hardcore partnership based upon mutual support and responsibilities. Plenty more where she came from.

I love my wife, but if she ever gave me the ultimatum to leave the Army, I would have to leave her.

Now back to laughing at the post from a real life active duty commissioned officer.

Also, to the OP: Cut sling load dude. If your gal wont support you in achieving your dreams, she's not worth it. Keep in mind that at the end of the day, marriage isn't rainbows and fairytales, it's a hardcore partnership based upon mutual support and responsibilities. Plenty more where she came from.

I love my wife, but if she ever gave me the ultimatum to leave the Army, I would have to leave her.

Now back to laughing at the post from a real life active duty commissioned officer.

Didn't you know she is an active duty commissioned officer!?!?!

I used to respect warrant officers as "professionals." Based on my spouse's experiences in WOCS, I have lost respect for warrant officers.

Thats ok honey, based on my experience, the feeling is mutual. Run along now.

• Like 5

Wow. I confess I have not read all the SOB stories in this thread. I am an active duty commissioned officer married to a "warrant officer candidate." I have first hand experienced all the "spouse stuff" as I was the FRG liaison. I used to respect warrant officers as "professionals." Based on my spouse's experiences in WOCS, I have lost respect for warrant officers. The Army is downsizing and commanders are chaptering warrant officers for their unprofessional behaviors.

I have only worked with one warrant that I respected, my previous PBO who worked very diligently with me to fix my property book and together we saved the Army a lot of money.

The Army takes a very high toll on the military family, if you (and your spouse) are not cut out for it you may not have an opportunity to stay in the Army.

My spouse first enlisted in 1999, we were married in 2003, and I enlisted in 2006. The entire time has tested us in multiple ways. I love and support my spouse, I just disagree with the "training process." Leaders in today's Army need to be able to think critically and creatively. To do more with less.

Joined March 4th, Posted twice, both post laughed at, returns on March 9th to revise one post, and redact the other. Never to be seen again.

Kinda funny if you ask me. Do you just troll google looking for topics to comment on?

Dammit! Beat me to it! LOL I'm another prior RLO (O-4) now CW3 and was about to start the dog pile. Alas, I must go back out and fly my night period instructing an RLO.

• Like 1

I feel like it's a series of compromises.

When we all leave the Army our wives will still be there. The Army ultimately, is just a job and it's not going to always be there for you.

To each his own though..

Just my 2 cents.