September Board!

I know that it is a bit early. I figured that this could be used as a platform for last minute questions, introductions and advice. The floor is your's.

I apologize for jumping the gun, but as the time grows near, the more excited I become.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I'm really slightly concerned about is the physical. It's the only part of the process I can't find a specific answer to. I had my flight surgeon upload all my info into the AERO database, and when I registered to track it, all it says is "In Progress". Is that what it should say when the information is passed off to Rucker? I'm going to be TDY in Europe for all of June, so I'm trying to make sure my stuff is complete so I can submit it when I get back in July.

I posted this number in another forum on here.. here is the bottom line. Call this number. Its the number directly to the office of the flight surgeon who stamps your physical as qualified or not. If they have it, awesome. If not, politely annoy your flight surgeon until they submit it to rucker. 3342550750. The flight surgeon at rucker will upload it into the AERO system and it will say whether or not youre qualified or disqualified.

• Like 2

I posted this number in another forum on here.. here is the bottom line. Call this number. Its the number directly to the office of the flight surgeon who stamps your physical as qualified or not. If they have it, awesome. If not, politely annoy your flight surgeon until they submit it to rucker. 3342550750. The flight surgeon at rucker will upload it into the AERO system and it will say whether or not youre qualified or disqualified.

I emailed them earlier this week, and actually got a response. They have my stuff. I'll have to wait until I can get behind a workstation since the website doesn't allow me access from abroad. (TDY)

Got my FDME done on Jun 11th so I'm not really expecting my packed to be ready for Sept but here goes:

As a street-to-seater, should I be worried about not having military LOR's? I have two college professors and an Air Force O-1 pilot (not because he's military but because he's known me well my entire life). Would you all recommend I push hard to find aviation Os/WOs to write me a letter? Would it be more beneficial to submit additional LORs from civilian life? Any advice is appreciated.

Got my FDME done on Jun 11th so I'm not really expecting my packed to be ready for Sept but here goes:

As a street-to-seater, should I be worried about not having military LOR's? I have two college professors and an Air Force O-1 pilot (not because he's military but because he's known me well my entire life). Would you all recommend I push hard to find aviation Os/WOs to write me a letter? Would it be more beneficial to submit additional LORs from civilian life? Any advice is appreciated.

Fellow street-to-seater here. I've been mentored throughout this process by a ret. 20-year WO4 160th pilot and also received some guidance from an AD WO5. Their thoughts on the matter are that the board looks for letters that speak to you as a person more-so than your connections to the military if you are a civilian applicant. I have a college professor, my athletics director, and a ret. WO4 as my LORs and all three focus on who I am as a person. Strong letters that speak to you as a person are more valuable than military LORs that come from someone who may not know you as well according to the WOs I've spoken with. Hope that helps! Good luck.

Fellow street-to-seater here. I've been mentored throughout this process by a ret. 20-year WO4 160th pilot and also received some guidance from an AD WO5. Their thoughts on the matter are that the board looks for letters that speak to you as a person more-so than your connections to the military if you are a civilian applicant. I have a college professor, my athletics director, and a ret. WO4 as my LORs and all three focus on who I am as a person. Strong letters that speak to you as a person are more valuable than military LORs that come from someone who may not know you as well according to the WOs I've spoken with. Hope that helps! Good luck.

Can confirm. CW5 who wrote my LoR sat on the board back in January. They see right through the LoR from that high ranking person who your uncle Jim Bob just so happens to know. They know that high ranking person doesnt actually know you and that you were able to get into contact with them through some sort of connection. It is best to get those who have legitimately worked with you and can personally attest to you being a phenomenal person for this program. (Whole person concept.) For the military guys applying, your CO CDR and BN CDR LoR are very important!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been skimming through this forum for a year now finally completing my package and decided to sign up tonight as I will be on the september board. As long as I pass the SIFT on Tuesday... The way it was explained to me by a CW4 I worked with in the 160th was that if you have a legit LOR from a flag officer that it helps tremendously. Reason being they don't want a call from that person asking if I think he is good enough why do you not? Whether there is any truth behind that I don't know I'm just a lonely E-6 😂 My LORs are from an 0-7, which is the commander of Navy recruiting command he wrote it for me because he hand selected me as one of the top 4 recruiters in the nation this past fiscal year and we have chatted a bunch since then. Then I have my prior CO who has known me for about 6 years now. I worked directly with her breifing her on our antiterrorism updates weekly, she is now Commodore of DESRON 28 which is basically the CO of a few different ships. And then a retired CW5 aviator that I have known since I was a child. I feel as if they won't get looked over because of the dates known and the actual statements made in them. You cant take my name out of any of them and replace it with someone elses and the statement be true across the board.

But since its the September board post I guess we can start posting our stats and wishing each other luck! Here's to hoping everyone's dreams come true and maybe we'll be sitting next to or in front/behind of one another!

GT: 121

SIFT: 56 (updated hadn't taken when posted)

APFT: 283

Military: AD Navy E-6, 7 years TIS

Military Experience: Training, Combat support at DEVGRU for 5 years, then recruiting for the past year. SERE, helo dunker, combat support, and quite a few other things.

Civilian Ed: HS Diploma

Flight: None

Physical: Stamped no waivers

Waivers: None

LOR: supplemental O-7, O-6, CW5 (RET). Then the required CO, XO, and active duty aviation warrant.

Been skimming through this forum for a year now finally completing my package and decided to sign up tonight as I will be on the september board. As long as I pass the SIFT on Tuesday... The way it was explained to me by a CW4 I worked with in the 160th was that if you have a legit LOR from a flag officer that it helps tremendously. Reason being they don't want a call from that person asking if I think he is good enough why do you not? Whether there is any truth behind that I don't know I'm just a lonely E-6 My LORs are from an 0-7, which is the commander of Navy recruiting command he wrote it for me because he hand selected me as one of the top 4 recruiters in the nation this past fiscal year and we have chatted a bunch since then. Then I have my prior CO who has known me for about 6 years now. I worked directly with her breifing her on our antiterrorism updates weekly, she is now Commodore of DESRON 28 which is basically the CO of a few different ships. And then a retired CW5 aviator that I have known since I was a child. I feel as if they won't get looked over because of the dates known and the actual statements made in them. You cant take my name out of any of them and replace it with someone elses and the statement be true across the board.

But since its the September board post I guess we can start posting our stats and wishing each other luck! Here's to hoping everyone's dreams come true and maybe we'll be sitting next to or in front/behind of one another!

GT: 121

SIFT: Take on Tuesday

APFT: 283

Military: AD Navy E-6, 7 years TIS

Military Experience: Training, Combat support at DEVGRU for 5 years, then recruiting for the past year. SERE, helo dunker, combat support, and quite a few other things.

Civilian Ed: HS Diploma

Flight: None

Physical: Stamped no waivers

Waivers: None

LOR: supplemental O-7, O-6, CW5 (RET). Then the required CO, XO, and active duty aviation warrant.

How did you get your physical done before your SIFT? I passed the SIFT in June and still waiting for my flight physical appointment. Hoping to get it done soon so I can be in the September boards.

How did you get your physical done before your SIFT? I passed the SIFT in June and still waiting for my flight physical appointment. Hoping to get it done soon so I can be in the September boards.

Honestly my situation has been crazy the entire time. I'm an active duty Navy recruiter and I basically recruited myself through the entire process and nobody told me that I had to take the SIFT before the physical but because I drove 5 hours to get the physical the flight surgeon went ahead and sent it even though I didn't have a SIFT. Whoever gets the contract for me if I get picked up literally had to do no work because I'm going to walk into the office if I get selected and say send me to meps.

• Like 2

Here you go. It must be opened on mac or pc with a updated version of Adobe Reader DC.

https://recruiting.army.mil/Portals/15/Documents/Forms%20and%20Pubs/USAREC%20Forms/UF%20601-210.12.pdf?ver=2019-02-12-091805-460

Is anyone else having trouble getting the UF 601-210.12 Transmittal form? I cant seem to find it anywhere, been on a few gov sites and .12 doesnt seem to exist. Any help would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon morning,

So I am currently "deployed" outside of the country and do not have all the documents available. it sprung up out of nowhere i didn't have a choice. i will return after the deadline but before the corrections deadline what is the possibility of submitting a late package and still making the September board. i am also still waiting for my conditional release to be signed. I am active USMC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This will be my only board possible until I EAS next year.

Good afternoon morning,

So I am currently "deployed" outside of the country and do not have all the documents available. it sprung up out of nowhere i didn't have a choice. i will return after the deadline but before the corrections deadline what is the possibility of submitting a late package and still making the September board. i am also still waiting for my conditional release to be signed. I am active USMC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This will be my only board possible until I EAS next year.

If there are no corrections upon submission it might get pushed but per the application instructions you have to have atleast 1 year left of active service upon submission so Im a little confused about your only board until eas situation

• 3 weeks later...

Few questions but here I am again with yet another post:

GT: 112

SIFT: 52

APFT: 260something

Service: 6 years TIS- 11B

Education: Close to done with a B.S. Aeronautics degree 3.6 GPA

Flight: 160 hrs, R-PPL, Instrument working on commercial.

Waiver: 1, for a cormorant I did not have PID on and shot two waterfowl seasons ago, I know I know, sounds stupid but it's giving me some trouble on this WOFT app.

LORs: CFII, CW5 pilot, and GM to the gym I coach at.

Physical: G-to-G

Was hugely disappointed last board I was told I was attending in May but then had a waiver issue that was not processed. Luckily it was never looked at so I am still on my first look.

With that said, to at least any civilian applicants, how and where did yall get notified yalls packets are both board ready and going to be viewed for an upcoming board?

I still haven't gotten official word my waiver has been approved. I am at the point where I want visual confirmation of approvals on documents but still haven't seen anything minus what I am getting told verbally. At this point, verbals are as useful to me as pennies. Any advice would be helpful! My packet has been through BN and BDE qc'ing process and this waiver is literally the only thing I need done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt get everything in for the JUL board. Was told today that my packet went to proponent for AFS waiver. Anyone know what's the turnaround on that?

Stats

GT: 117
SIFT: 49
APFT: 290 (consistent +290 range documented)
EDUCATION: Graduate this Saturday with a B.S. with a 3.4 GPA
MILITARY: 11 years, current SOF (4 years)
FLIGHT: None
LORS: Company (O4), BN (O5), and CW5 Aviator (The Aviator LOR is solid)
OTHER INFO: Already have SERE -C Completed, Distinguished Honor Grad at all NCOES, NCOERs are MQ or 1/1.
SELECTED: September 2019 board, 1st look

Also just want to throw out there, my AFS waiver, was for a 12 year TIS.

• Like 1