Did any Sept IERW Selectee sign a 6yr ADSO?

There is no signing per se, it’s part of your packet that you submitted. I believe it is outlined in the DA Form 160-R. This is the binding document to my understanding. As a sister service PS applicant, I only signed for a 3 year initial enlistment at MEPS. The following contracts are signed after WOCS and flight training. Again, this is just my understanding of the process. 

1 hour ago, gravityrideseverything said:

There is no signing per se, it’s part of your packet that you submitted. I believe it is outlined in the DA Form 160-R. This is the binding document to my understanding. As a sister service PS applicant, I only signed for a 3 year initial enlistment at MEPS. The following contracts are signed after WOCS and flight training. Again, this is just my understanding of the process. 

No other contracts are signed, from this point on your service obligations are based off regulations and not anything you sign. 

Went to MEPS last Wednesday, 3. i. of my annex states that I will incur a 10 year ADSO upon successful completion of WOFT and attaining an aeronautical rating of Army Aviator. My recruiter talked to someone involved with AWOR at USAREC and was told that the annex was updated prematurely and that our DA 160s are our service agreements, meaning we're subject to the 6 year ADSO.

I recommend that anyone selected on the September board make some phone calls. It would be nice if the conflict between the annex and our JOB QUALS/DA 160s was cleared up in writing, but that probably won't happen unless enough people call inquiring about their ADSO.

• Thanks 1

If anyone her is still confused about their ADSO I recommend talking to SFC HOEFLING < kory.d.hoefling.mil@mail.mil > at USAREC.

My general takeaway from him was that if you were selected for WOFT before 01 OCT then you will have a 6 year ADSO, selected after and you will have 10. He can answer any questions you guys have and encouraged me to give you all his information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Romy said:

If anyone her is still confused about their ADSO I recommend talking to SFC HOEFLING < kory.d.hoefling.mil@mail.mil > at USAREC.

My general takeaway from him was that if you were selected for WOFT before 01 OCT then you will have a 6 year ADSO, selected after and you will have 10. He can answer any questions you guys have and encouraged me to give you all his information.

Highly recommend him. That man single handedly is the only reason I made it over all my hurdles and into a seat at Rucker 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So it seems like everyone selected for WOCS prior to October 1st 2020 will incur a 6 year ADSO if I’m clearly understanding this right. But it seems there is some instances where some sign a 10 year agreement. I guess the only way to know for sure is when you graduate flight school. I really want to believe I have a 6 year. 🤞

23 hours ago, gravityrideseverything said:

Based on what USAREC is outlining and what is printed on the message I think he got screwed.

The individual who was informed of his 10 yr ADSO commitment also had in his possession at MEPS the ALARACT 69-2020 msg. It is what it is.

He said the 4 additional years doesn't really matter. He wants to do the 20 years. My prayers go out to him. Youth, he's 19.

2 hours ago, zaurus said:

The individual who was informed of his 10 yr ADSO commitment also had in his possession at MEPS the ALARACT 69-2020 msg. It is what it is.

So the issue for Sept WOCs is that the new annex that mentions a 10 year ADSO was sent off by USAREC to be reviewed a week or two ago and was then prematurely updated. It wasn't supposed to be in the system until 01 OCT. This has lead to people signing enlistment contracts at MEPS that mention a 10 year ADSO in their annexes but a 72 month ADSO under their JOB QUALS. Current word from USAREC is that G-1 says the annex isn't what is considered our "service agreement" mentioned in 4.B of the ALARACT, our DA 160-R is, and September candidates have 160-Rs that say 6 years ADSO after flight training. Our annexes we signed at MEPS could say 20 years and it wouldn't matter, from what USAREC is saying. That's my understanding of it.

People selected in September who are reading in this should keep in mind that this is all just verbal promises. It's completely possible that we'll finish up at Rucker and be saddled with 10 years, so don't bet on anything I'm saying. That being said, it looks like we've lucked out. Either way just be happy we're getting the chance to get paid to fly helicopters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1