May 2021 WOFT Board

6 hours ago, MXCrewChief4Life623 said:
Our Son Selected First Look May 2021
Street to Seat / High School to Flight School

ASVAB GT: 110

SIFT: 53

OPAT: Heavy

EDUCATION: Graduates High School 29MAY2021 (this Saturday), 3.10 GPA

FLIGHT: 78.8 hours, 19.6 hours solo/PIC, Airplane Single Engine Land (ASEL) Private Pilot’s License

BOARD: May 2021

LORS: Aviation O-8, Aviation CW5, Aviation CW4, Aviation CW4, JROTC Instructor (Retired Artillery CW4), Michigan County Sheriff that has known my son and our family for 50 years

OTHER INFO: 120 hours of volunteer service between three separate civic organizations, 3 Years JROTC

PHYSICAL: Class 1A Physical, stamped

I have the privilege of swearing him in at MEPS this Thursday...honored and obviously proud as hell!

Congrats man seems like a long time coming

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jbrunner11 said:

My packet was selected this board. I'm going meps tomorrow. Just checking if everyone else was sent to meps this quickly? 

Seems rushed to me and I don't know if that's the army or for some other reason?

Yes, Sir...I’m taking my son to MEPS first thing this morning as well...I have the privilege of being the one administering the oath of enlistment to him!  Definitely not rushed if you have zero apprehensions about the path you have been given the opportunity to take!! 

On 4/12/2021 at 4:34 PM, DylanVille01 said:

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I am pursuing a WOFT selection, and I have recently passed the SIFT. I have a few questions about my packet as I gear up to submit it in the next 5 weeks in order to be eligible for the July 2021 board.

First, do I have to go to MEPS and get a flight physical? (Only reason I ask is because my inexperienced recruiter told me I only needed a flight physical and regular MEPS wasn’t needed which didn’t sound right). 

Secondly, I have done a considerable amount of research from previous applicants who all had to submit a DA photo as well as a APFT score in their packet. However, I have heard that those two things are no longer required for review by the board, only to qualify the packet to be reviewed. Can anyone confirm that? Lastly, does anyone have the updated checklist for 2021? I couldn’t download it from the website. 

thank you for your help!

Quick ship to Basic Training...19JUL...WOCS 6OCT

1 hour ago, MXCrewChief4Life623 said:

Hey, I think your son will be in the same class as me! I look forward to meeting him if so, and congrats once again! Fort Leonard Wood?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MXCrewChief4Life623 said:

I haven't gone to MEPS yet but I'm curious how fast they will try to get me to WOCS - I'm prior so I get to skip the basic part. Did they give your son the dates on the spot at MEPS?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jbrunner11 said:

Oct 4 for me and I am going to Fort Jackson as well! 

Hope to see some of you at basic or WOCS! 

Oct 4 for basic or WOCS? Trying to get a feel for what I should expect. I don’t go back to MEPS until Tuesday.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lumin said:

I haven't gone to MEPS yet but I'm curious how fast they will try to get me to WOCS - I'm prior so I get to skip the basic part. Did they give your son the dates on the spot at MEPS?

Yes...on the spot.  AD warrant applicants’ are always much later start dates from what I’ve seen and heard. 

On 5/24/2021 at 4:56 PM, Lumin said:

The package deadline for the May board was 4 May 21. The July board is from 26-30 July and the deadline is 13 July. Make the recruiter do their jobs. Assuming your son has his flight physical and his SIFT test done there should be absolutely no reason not to make the July board.

I am currently in the same situation with my recruiter. I have completed everything but my flight physical. Still waiting on my LOR's to come over but they are in the works. Trying my best to hit the July board but my recruiter has shown poor communication as of late. Still hasn't schedule my flight physical and has not responded to my question on "when is my packet due". I have been left on ghost for about a week now. Starting to worry that my efforts are not being matched and met by my recruiter. Any advise on what to and how to handle this issue to make sure I hit the July board? 

46 minutes ago, GreenGo24 said:

I am currently in the same situation with my recruiter. I have completed everything but my flight physical. Still waiting on my LOR's to come over but they are in the works. Trying my best to hit the July board but my recruiter has shown poor communication as of late. Still hasn't schedule my flight physical and has not responded to my question on "when is my packet due". I have been left on ghost for about a week now. Starting to worry that my efforts are not being matched and met by my recruiter. Any advise on what to and how to handle this issue to make sure I hit the July board? 

GreenGo24, 

I'll just tell you, from my personal experience (I was just selected first look on the May board - S2S) I had to do just about everything myself, I scheduled my own flight physicals and everything - I was street to seat but I am prior service so I had a bit of knowledge about this) you will need to find an army flight surgeon that is willing to see you. You will also need some sort of letter authorizing you to be seen by them, talk to MEPS regarding this. I want to set your expectations though, without having an approved flight physical currently your chances of making this July board are next to none - the flight surgeons are generally backed up and even if everything goes perfectly, it will still take a few weeks to get the physical stamped by Ft. Rucker.

I would shoot for the following board and take the time to ensure you submit a quality package. I know this isn't the news you wanted to hear, this package takes time - if your recruiter isn't willing to put in the work, you'll either have to go the extra mile to do it yourself or find another recruiter that will.

Side note - if you have any speeding tickets or anything of the sort with a fine over $100.00 your recruiter will need to submit a moral waiver which can take a few weeks to get back - this caused me to miss two boards. If you like you can message me privately and I can guide you the best I can. 

Side note - if you have any speeding tickets or anything of the sort with a fine over $100.00 your recruiter will need to submit a moral waiver which can take a few weeks to get back - this caused me to miss two boards. If you like you can message me privately and I can guide you the best I can. 

Maybe thats an S2S requirement because I didnt have that for AD

Starting to worry that my efforts are not being matched and met by my recruiter. Any advise on what to and how to handle this issue to make sure I hit the July board? 

If you can get on post, you can walk into any medical center and ask for the checklist for the flight physical. They will direct you to which spot on base has a flight doc to do your stuff. 90% of the stuff you can do there, IE vision and basic stuff. The EKG will have to get done as well. It was about 3 appointments for me. At the end of all the collection, the packet goes to the flight doc and he "interviews" you and then you get a go or no-go after about a week or 2 (with a stamp if its a go)

• Like 1