Warrant officer - Army Rotary Aviator

I am 22 years old. I want to get into the army as a warrant officer - aviator. I have one more semester to finish my Batchelors degree. I was thinking of dropping out and just enlisting already in the army. What do you all think? is the Army the best route to take? 

Finish your degree for sure. Enlisting won’t be any quicker than finishing and going straight to warrant. If you have your heart set on the Army, flight school will still be starting every two weeks at the end of next semester. Otherwise with your degree you can be a commissioned officer pilot in the other branches of service. There are pros and cons to both routes so do your own research and be honest with yourself on what you really want, then pursue that course of action with everything you have. 

• Like 1

Just like the others said definitely finish your degree. For starters, your packet will look better at the board. You won’t have to explain to the people you get your recommendations from why you decided to leave college with 100+ credits and no degree. Lastly, you could be like me who left college after the first year and is still working on my bachelors almost 8 years later… you could finish this degree and have the army pay for another if you want or even start on a masters. Having that degree will give you more options further down the road and you’ll look back thinking you made the right choice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finish your degree.  Not only for your future self but if the Army is really what you want to do, that little piece of paper will help in terms of packets/promotions and just life overall.  The Army isnt going anywhere and will be here for you when you’re done.

Echoing that dropping out with one semester is a seriously bad idea. You may very well never finish it. And idk if you know but a certain level of education is required for promotion amongst the WO ranks. In addition….you have other better options in other services to fly with a 4 year degree.
And not to mention….if I had a packet where someone had one semester left then quit….I’d at least question that guys commitment 

On 11/1/2022 at 8:17 PM, nil5038 said:

Echoing that dropping out with one semester is a seriously bad idea. You may very well never finish it. And idk if you know but a certain level of education is required for promotion amongst the WO ranks. In addition….you have other better options in other services to fly with a 4 year degree.
And not to mention….if I had a packet where someone had one semester left then quit….I’d at least question that guys commitment 

There are no education requirements for promotion. I made W3 with no degree and know plenty of other 3s and 4s with no college. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2022 at 4:41 PM, jlg22 said:

I am 22 years old. I want to get into the army as a warrant officer - aviator. I have one more semester to finish my Batchelors degree. I was thinking of dropping out and just enlisting already in the army. What do you all think? is the Army the best route to take? 

Bear down and finish strong. This is the time to blindly push forward and get it done. You got it. I have no idea who you are as a person, but from my life there few things I regret. One is not getting the degree sooner. It sucks, the justification for it is lame, but in the end it's worth it and necessary. Finish it out. You will thank yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XT47 said:

Good morning Sir, normally how many hours CW3s have? And how long a aviator can make it to CW3?

Two years after flight school graduation you will pin W2. Six years after that you pin W3. Example, if you graduate flight school in Jan 2023 you’d pin W3 roughly Jan 2031.

In a peacetime Army you’d probably have around 1200 hours at that point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...