Back from my break

That has to be new because a few years ago when I moved down there they paid for my DITY after WOCS. It was a busy 4 days of driving seeing some awesome country but we got down there and spent a couple days on the beach and life was good. IIRC they repaid me around $800 for hotels and gas and stuff.

Travel wouldn't work with you when you went in there?

We marked all our clothes that needed white with white shoe polish.

Edited by SBuzzkill

All the single soldiers coming from Basic didn't get any travel days, mileage, hotel expenses, any of that. The reason for that is they considered it a PCS move from BCT to Rucker. Coming from Benning I was paid a whole $34, or something like that.

But... good news! I don't know how many people I've spoken to in finance and transportation, but I found the right person to talk to in transportation. While we don't get any of the above, we do get paid the weight we move during our DITY! No mileage, no per diem, nothing additional, only the weight - which is almost $1 per pound. When on the computer I estimated I had 1,500lbs (didn't have a whole lot in the truck) and it said $14xx is what I'd get.

After I found this out I had to weigh my truck empty, load it back up, re-weigh it, and now have to take the weight slips back in to get some of my expenses back.

So single soldiers straight from BCT, you'll get paid for weight, and weight only. At least it's something.

Edited by t.o.n.y
  • Like 1

All the single soldiers coming from Basic didn't get any travel days, mileage, hotel expenses, any of that. The reason for that is they considered it a PCS move from BCT to Rucker. Coming from Benning I was paid a whole $34, or something like that.

But... good news! I don't know how many people I've spoken to in finance and transportation, but I found the right person to talk to in transportation. While we don't get any of the above, we do get paid the weight we move during our DITY! No mileage, no per diem, nothing additional, only the weight - which is almost $1 per pound. When on the computer I estimated I had 1,500lbs (didn't have a whole lot in the truck) and it said $14xx is what I'd get.

After I found this out I had to weigh my truck empty, load it back up, re-weigh it, and now have to take the weight slips back in to get some of my expenses back.

So single soldiers straight from BCT, you'll get paid for weight, and weight only. At least it's something.

So you did the drive from PNW? How was it, and how long did it take?

Super screwy that they changed this and won't move or pay for a full move from your home of record. So weird and a little frustrating, I'm sure.

Especially since some of us come from the complete opposite end of the country (Seattle). That's quite a few days of leave.

The married guys, street to seat, are making bank. At least they get the mileage expense from their spouse's car, their pier diem, plus weight.

Hmmmmmm...*rubs fingertips together thoughtfully*

Get selected for WOFT, get married, ship out, PCS to Rucker, make some cash, split it with said "spouse" (70/30ish), marriage annulment (you find out he’s a conscientious objector) and you're in! Sounds like a plan, I say go for it.

• Like 1

Essentially you do it twice. You get orders out of BCT to PCS to Rucker for WOCS. Then after WOCS, you PCS to Bravo Co. Only problem is they're in the same place so you're considered as there already and not afforded any travel. At least that's how it was explained to me from the guy at Bravo who briefs us and is in charge of the new WO1s who show up.