May 2015 WOFT Board

Hey everyone,

Im new to this forum and only just found out about it. Pretty much got my packet together for the May board. I had a hard time trying to meet the March deadline because I just PCSed and only started the packet in December. Hopefully Ill get picked up if not May during the June board.

Stats:

GT: 126

SIFT: 72

APFT: 282

EDUCATION: 60 Credits for my B.A in Psycholpgy

PHYSICAL: Approved and Stamped

MILITARY: E5 Sergeant AD, WLC (cl) and OSUT honor grad, 1/2 and 1/1 NCOER

LOR: company co, battalion co and CW3.

How often have you seen people with stats like these get picked up? I have to admit, seeing all these College grads and near perfect SIFT scores made me a lil nervous.

72 is a very, very good SIFT score. I had no idea that there was such a thing as OSUT honor grads.

• Like 1

Tomfay, there was a street to seat guy in my wocs class who's from alabama. He was 18... In wocs.... It is possible, stay strong. And you might just walk out that day with a stamped physical...

Congrats on the waiver also.

Ok well hearing there was someone actually younger than me is a relief. Based on the ages of those selected, I was starting to worry that the board was looking for generally older applicants.

72 is a very, very good SIFT score. I had no idea that there was such a thing as OSUT honor grads.

Cool, I hope it helps me get selected though I was looking at stats of people that have gotten selected and doesnt seem like having a high or low SIFT score makes much of a difference in selection. I've seen people in the forum who scored in the 40s and 50s get selected.

As for being an OSUT honor grad, Im not sure if the same applies to other MOSs, but it does in Armor OSUT. They had us shoot expert, qualify first time GO on a Gunnery Skills Test and then had us go to a board. Im not sure if Infantry OSUT does something similar.

• Like 1

Cool, I hope it helps me get selected though I was looking at stats of people that have gotten selected and doesnt seem like having a high or low SIFT score makes much of a difference in selection. I've seen people in the forum who scored in the 40s and 50s get selected.

As for being an OSUT honor grad, Im not sure if the same applies to other MOSs, but it does in Armor OSUT. They had us shoot expert, qualify first time GO on a Gunnery Skills Test and then had us go to a board. Im not sure if Infantry OSUT does something similar.

I do not lower myself to the standards of the 11-series.

We had this thing called Excellence in Cavalry, but it was more or less a joke. The drills would pick two or three guys per platoon and sent them to extra training on things like armor identification. They were picked because they were the drill sergeant's favorites, and not the good kind of favorite.

Lol I appreciate the sarcasm, though not sure of its intent. I was simply trying to explain the existence of honor grad in OSUT to someone who never heard of it.

Ah, just throwing a little humor out. You should let the IPs and TACs at Rucker know about that so they can render the appropriate honors to you. ;)

• Like 1

Speaking of IPs... Every IP I've had thus far has been the oldest, crustiest, most socially awkward, nerdiest person ever... SPECIALLY in instruments... Omg, they all seem to speak nerd and eat boogers and stuff.... Wow...

Ok vent over

Speaking of IPs... Every IP I've had thus far has been the oldest, crustiest, most socially awkward, nerdiest person ever... SPECIALLY in instruments... Omg, they all seem to speak nerd and eat boogers and stuff.... Wow...

Ok vent over

Haha. Older+crustier= many un-written skills to learn from. In all lines of work not just aviation.

I do not lower myself to the standards of the 11-series.

We had this thing called Excellence in Cavalry, but it was more or less a joke. The drills would pick two or three guys per platoon and sent them to extra training on things like armor identification. They were picked because they were the drill sergeant's favorites, and not the good kind of favorite.

Its still around, though its Excellence in Armor now. Same concept, and a useless achievement. Its supposed to get you promoted faster up intil E-4 but no one cares about it enough for it to make a difference from what I've seen.

Ah, just throwing a little humor out. You should let the IPs and TACs at Rucker know about that so they can render the appropriate honors to you. ;)

Haha I'll pass thanks :P flight school seems too long of a school to be singled out as THAT guy.

new to this website and just throwing my info in here. I'm shooting for the civilian board in may, but i haven't passed my first board which is in march or April. really i am just waiting on my flight physical. i saw other peoples stats and it made me feel like I'm at the very least competitive so i want to contribute to that.

GT: 120

SIFT: 59

APFT: 270

Civilian ED: B.A. International Relations

Flight Physical: not-complete waiting on date

Flight EXP: 6hrs rotary 7hrs fixed wing

LOR:Head of Dept marine biology program (ret), Head of Dept Intn'l Realtions program, COL USARMY (ret), !st SGT USMC.

Military EXP: 4 years active USMC 3533 (pog) E-4

Waiver: lasik

• Like 1

I will be a civilian applicant finally up to bat for the May selection board.

Waivers:

Age Waiver: Approved 2/2/2015

SIFT: 60

GT: 115

APFT: 255

Flight Physical: Passed, no issues.

Security Clearance Background Interview: Passed, no issues.

Battalion Board: 75/75 Outstanding Remarks

LOR's:

CW4 Army Retired Pilot Vietnam Veteran with Bronze Star

LCOL Army Active Current CO of a Munitions Base

Flight School Program Manager

Current Supervisor at a Brokerage Logistics Firm

College:

Associate of Arts in Business Administration (2005-2007) Graduate 2007

3.7/4.0 G.P.A. Cum Laude Deans List 7/7 Quarters

Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting (2007-2009) Graduate 2009

3.5/4.0 G.P.A. Deans List 3/7 Quarters

Associate of Science in Aviation Technology (2010-2012) Non-Graduate

Current 3.4/4.0 G.P.A

All Aviation In Class Courses Completed (42 Credit Hours)

3 of 5 Aviation In Flight Courses Completed (6 Credit Hours)

Back to Back Aviation Academic Scholarship 2010-2011 and 2011-2012

University Aviation Academic Achievement Award 2010-2011

Flight:

FAA Certified Recreational Pilot License

97 Fixed Wing Flight Hours Logged

Military:

US Navy Active Duty 2000-2005 Honorable Discharge

Rank: E4 with E5 Select (I honorably discharged at my EAOS instead of re-upping to accept E5.)

Rate: Damage Controlman

Stationed: USS Boxer LHD-4 Amphibious Assault Ship out of San Diego, CA 2001-2005

Deployments: Four 6-month (West-Pac) Deployments Overseas 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005

Deployed during both war campaigns:

Operating Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom

In port visits to over 16 different countries in four years.

• Like 1

I've been doing a lot of searching on Youtube and other sites to gather more on WOFT when I came across this site. I'm hoping to get picked up in May if my recruiter gets going on scheduling for my Bat. interview. I think I'm in the mix here, so far:

AFQT & GT: 95 / 128

SIFT: 49 (how the heck did you all do so well on this?)

Flight: 18 RW, 12 FW and working in private pilot

Board: TBD

College: Bachelors, molecular genetics.

LORs: Strong recommendations from CW3, AF Captain (Pilot), Navy Surgeon.

Military: None.

Don't quote me but I think they changed the new minimum passing score on the SIFT to a 50. Not a 40...

Have you guys seen the New message on the usarec website, looks like a lot of people submitted some false APFT cards to fluff up their packet. It's not surprising though. Unfortunately it happens all too often throughout the army especially for enlisted trying to obtain more promotion points.

18 FEB 15 - ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS, DUE TO THE RECENT INCREASE OF APFT FAILURES AT WOCS, NEW MEASURES FOR THE APPLICATION WILL BE IMPLEMENTED. BEGINNING ON 1 MAR 15, ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO TAKE AN APFT 30 DAYS PRIOR OF REPORTING TO WOCS. ALL SELECTEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO BRING A MEMORANDUM FROM THEIR BDE/BN S3 STIPULATING THE SM HAS PASSED THE APFT AND HT/WT WITHIN THE 30 DAY WINDOW OF REPORTING TO WOCS. ADDITIONALLY, THERE HAVE BEEN UPDATES MADE TO THE DA FORM 61 AND STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING TO REFLECT THESE NEW MEASURES. ALL APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR THE MAY BOARD WHO SUBMIT THEIR PACKET AFTER 1 MARCH WILL BE REQUIRED TO USE THE UPDATED FORMS. APPLICANTS WHO WILL SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION PRIOR TO 1 MAR AND THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THEIR APPLICATION WILL BE GRANDFATHERED.