Sere training

I’m a marine at water survival school to be a c-130 crew chief hopefully, I heard all this stuff about sere and the different levels aswell as if c-130’s even go through sere I’m just curious what the difference between sere level c and level is and if it’s mandatory for me to go. Does sere level b also do the torture chamber that’s one of my main questions.

Doesn’t seem very many other SERE courses meet the Army Aviation requirements. I’m in the NSW community and have done two different SERE level C courses and they are not waiving mine. It’s funny how special operations SERE isn’t good enough, a few of my SEAL buddies that transferred over also had to redo SERE as well. 

2 hours ago, GM1 said:

Doesn’t seem very many other SERE courses meet the Army Aviation requirements. I’m in the NSW community and have done two different SERE level C courses and they are not waiving mine. It’s funny how special operations SERE isn’t good enough, a few of my other SEAL buddies that transferred over also had to redo SERE as well. 

Are/were you a seal?

3 hours ago, nil5038 said:

Are/were you a seal?

No but had all of the follow on training that they did like combat support, SERE, Shaw’s TCCC and pretty much everything else. I did their anti-missile defense and mission planning for all of the FOBs when we had high value targets/hostages to obtain. I was attached to the team for certain things during everything. 

On 8/3/2020 at 10:24 AM, GM1 said:

Doesn’t seem very many other SERE courses meet the Army Aviation requirements. I’m in the NSW community and have done two different SERE level C courses and they are not waiving mine. It’s funny how special operations SERE isn’t good enough, a few of my SEAL buddies that transferred over also had to redo SERE as well. 

They let Air Force SERE level C graduates bypass. You should just be able to submit a signed level C cert to your Platoon Leader/Section Leader and get it waived.

3 hours ago, Shadowlurker said:

They let Air Force SERE level C graduates bypass. You should just be able to submit a signed level C cert to your Platoon Leader/Section Leader and get it waived.

Yeah I went to one of the Air Force ran level C courses and they said it didn’t meet because it was under the hour requirements. It was a three week course just like the one I’ll be going through again but they didn’t accredit it even though at the bottom of my cert it says meets all level c SERE requirements. 

864C4CAC-B091-40F5-B5ED-8D0C2A2CF664.jpeg

16 hours ago, KennyO said:

I know two people, prior navy and air force sere grads, who were bypassed last year. Don't know the specifics of their situation or yours, but when you're starting WOBC and they ask for bypass names make sure you still try at least.

That was the plan to try again when I got there. Hope for the best expect the worst 🤷🏼. If I have to do it again o well a third SERE won’t bother me haha. 

I know of at least two navy/Marine SERE bypasses, and I am sure there are way more. I would definitely try for it. That said, the course wasn’t bad. I’d do that again before I’d do WOCS again. 

43 minutes ago, mike0331 said:

I know of at least two navy/Marine SERE bypasses, and I am sure there are way more. I would definitely try for it. That said, the course wasn’t bad. I’d do that again before I’d do WOCS again. 

I’m definitely going to still try for it. Maybe I just talked to the wrong person. Neither of the ones I took were bad except for hearing The same blaring Spanish music on rotation for days straight with a bag over my head 😂

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

I'll toss my question in here and revive this thread:

SERE-C is mandatory for my current MOS, and I completed the course at Bragg.

Provided I get selected (Resubmitting after this deployment is over) what are the chances I will have to do SERE in the course?

One would think the SWCS SERE would be sufficient, but then again, stranger things have happened.

SERE-C Cert (Redacted).pdf

45 minutes ago, cmill said:

Provided I get selected (Resubmitting after this deployment is over) what are the chances I will have to do SERE in the course?

One would think the SWCS SERE would be sufficient, but then again, stranger things have happened.

SERE-C Cert (Redacted).pdf 491.11 kB · 1 download

The guys I know who did the full SERE-C at Bragg did not do it again at Rucker.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 8:05 AM, cmill said:

SERE-C Cert (Redacted).pdf 491.11 kB · 4 downloads

I'm here at Rucker now. If you did SERE at Bragg, you'll skip it here. I have a SWCS one done as well and it bumped me ahead by about 3 months.