Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Off by 1/2 diopter in one eye. Enough to knock me out of any board for a while. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

That sucks. PRK/LASIK will fix that though. Good luck.

Sorry to hear that Henry. Like Phrog said though you could go LASIK and be back in the running in 6 months.

Yeah that's the plan. They also want those wisdom teeth out before I come back, too. There goes my savings. It's all worth it though.

• Like 1

Got confirmation from my S-1 and Wing G-1 that my conditional release is valid through the end of my contract (Nov). No danger of my release expiring this July. So . . . With a PFT and Bn board left, I should be in for Sept.

• Like 2

Well hello new September friends. I turned my packet in 4 days before the July board date and unfortunately wasn't looked at so I will be joining all you fine folks to be looked at in September. Packet is up at USAREC right now and will be collecting dust until the board. For the third board thread in a row, here are the stats. At least I'm about as guaranteed as you can get for this board.

ASVAB: 117 GT
SIFT: 66
APFT: 289
College: B.S., Cum Laude, Dean's List, 3.71 GPA
Flight Time: Helicopter PPL, 70 hours
LoRs: Retired O-4 Aviation Officer/former USAREC board member/FAA DPE/my PPL CFI, 160th SOAR Command CW-5, former supervisor during my work at the White House, former PL during my Iraq deployment.

Battalion Board: 75/75

Prior Service: Cav Scout SGT, 82nd Airborne, 14 months in Iraq. Airborne wings, CAB, ACM, 4 AAM's, etc.
Other: Licensed skydiver and rated instructor, SCUBA certified, experienced outdoor sports guide, interned at the White House, travel experience in 20 countries.

I'm with Lindsey on this one, I'm not saying anything about stats or status until I'm in l3ullers shoes I. E. everything is is sitting at usarec waiting to be reviewed. Best of luck to the remaining July applicants and congrats to all that already received the call.

Well hello new September friends. I turned my packet in 4 days before the July board date and unfortunately wasn't looked at so I will be joining all you fine folks to be looked at in September. Packet is up at USAREC right now and will be collecting dust until the board. For the third board thread in a row, here are the stats. At least I'm about as guaranteed as you can get for this board.

ASVAB: 117 GT

SIFT: 66

APFT: 289

College: B.S., Cum Laude, Dean's List, 3.71 GPA

Flight Time: Helicopter PPL, 70 hours

LoRs: Retired O-4 Aviation Officer/former USAREC board member/FAA DPE/my PPL CFI, 160th SOAR Command CW-5, former supervisor during my work at the White House, Degree Program Head at college, former PL during my Iraq deployment.

Prior Service: Cav Scout SGT, 82nd Airborne, 14 months in Iraq. Airborne wings, CAB, ACM, 4 AAM's, etc.

Other: Licensed skydiver and rated instructor, SCUBA certified, experienced outdoor sports guide, interned at the White House, travel experience in 20 countries.

l3uller, do you require any waivers?

I'm throwing in for September too, my packet didn't make it to the July selection board either.

ASVAB: 90 AFQT, 128 GT
AFAST: 120
SIFT: 55

APFT: 259
College: BA History from the College of Charleston

Flight Time: 200 Hours, fixed wing, single and multi engine, instrument.

LoRs: Army LTC (Aviator) CWO5 (Aviator) Army Major (Infantry) CWO4 (Aviator) Air Force LTC and Air Force E-8 (my previous supervisor.)

Battalion Board 75/75

No waivers or anything like that

I'm throwing in for September too, my packet didn't make it to the July selection board either.

LoRs: Army LTC (Aviator) CWO5 (Aviator) Army Major (Infantry) CWO4 (Aviator) Air Force LTC and Air Force E-8 (my previous supervisor.)

Battalion Board 75/75

Oh Snap!! Board throw-down! Good luck to you brother.

See highlighted portion below.

Battalion Board 75/75

Throw 'em down, light 'em up! Took my APFT today, putting the final touches on packet this afternoon and then it's getting sent up to Battalion. Batt board next Wednesday. But I ain't posting any stats until my packet is in board friggin' ready status! Not gonna jinx it.

• Like 1

Battalion Board 75/75

i been outta the loop for a while...Will they take your AFAST score?

edit; ima retard... nevermind... lol its hot outside a.d i think i might heat cas out... lol

Edited by Yamer

i been outta the loop for a while...Will they take your AFAST score?

edit; ima retard... nevermind... lol its hot outside a.d i think i might heat cas out... lol

It's funny because during my Battalion board they only asked about the AFAST, but yea I took both. It's been a long process....