271 replies to this topic

#261 Hambone73

Hambone73

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted Yesterday, 19:38

Are there any other sister service applicants like myself on this board right now?

#262 StockTrader

StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:CW2, US Army, 64 Driver

Posted Yesterday, 20:57

I like simple math.

My class had a little more than 50 students(to start). So lets say 50. 2 classes starting per month seems fair.

24 classes x 50 students. I feel like the answer to that sounds familiar.
  • Creep0321 likes this

#263 Andrew N

Andrew N

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted Yesterday, 21:16

Are there any other sister service applicants like myself on this board right now?

I was sort of wondering that. I'm not an applicant yet but I'm prior service Marine Corps getting ready to pickup the phone and call the recruiter tomorrow. Been getting everything I can together from what I've read on the USAREC website and here on these forums. Can anyone suggest a good WO recruiter in the North Alabama/Huntsville areas? I've talked to a few regular recruiters but one of them has no idea how to help me and the other wants me to enlist prior to helping me.... when the USAREC website says civilian applications only?

Edited by Andrew N, Yesterday, 21:16.

#264 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:Prior USMC Infantry, Law Student

Posted Yesterday, 21:47

I'm the first one to get annoyed with the herp derp of the been there done that crowd (I post on some USMC forums just to cut through the high horse bullshit of all the old grumpy alcoholics who refuse to give advice), but dude, if nothing else a little respect goes a long way, even on the internet. There is a time and place to troll, or just to be a dick... this ain't it.

On the recruiter front, you might just need to get pushy or go up the chain. I'm kind of shocked this many people have issues with recruiters.

#265 Creep0321

Creep0321

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:45

I was, came over from the Marine Corps as. SSgt with about 9 years. If I can help let me know.

Swift, Silent, Deadly.

#266 Creep0321

Creep0321

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:47

I was sort of wondering that. I'm not an applicant yet but I'm prior service Marine Corps getting ready to pickup the phone and call the recruiter tomorrow. Been getting everything I can together from what I've read on the USAREC website and here on these forums. Can anyone suggest a good WO recruiter in the North Alabama/Huntsville areas? I've talked to a few regular recruiters but one of them has no idea how to help me and the other wants me to enlist prior to helping me.... when the USAREC website says civilian applications only?

I didn't apply as a civilian, I applied while still in, however, from my experience, most of the recruiters don't know much. My best advice is using the USAREC checklist, compiling as much as the packet as you can on your own, then contacting a recruiter and letting him know where you stand, and where you need his help (I.e. Scheduling SIFT, flight physical etc...)

Swift, Silent, Deadly.

#267 zaurus

zaurus

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:52

Lindsey

Time to drop your OCS packet in going to the dark side as an RLO. Then you can lock Byteflighter heels. Have you completed your Masters?

#268 zaurus

zaurus

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:56

Unfortunately, the Army is the only service that does not have dedicated Officer recruiters. It is what it is. Persistence pays dividends in the WOFT process. No problem for a former Marine. 

• ByteFlighter likes this

#269 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Happy Hookers, Steel Rain, Black Deaths,
    Tiny Birds
  • Company working for:The Largest Machine on Earth

Posted Yesterday, 23:50

Unfortunately, the Army is the only service that does not have dedicated Officer recruiters. It is what it is. Persistence pays dividends in the WOFT process. No problem for a former Marine. 

I've been saying this for a while. There is absolutely a reason why they use Officers in other branches to recruit other Officers.

#270 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Happy Hookers, Steel Rain, Black Deaths,
    Tiny Birds
  • Company working for:The Largest Machine on Earth

Posted Yesterday, 23:56

As a prior service applicant, you are considered a civvie (ouch I know) and will go through the WOFT process instead of the one for AD. The only difference is the extra forms you'll fill out that cover your prior service.

The WO contacts on USAREC are an amazing source of info aswell. They are supposed to really just cater to AD applicants, yet helped me out anyways. They actually even called my recruiter and made him call them if he needed help on a certain part of the process. Only warning is to make sure you call the actual Warrant Officer WO recruiters. I never had any luck when SSgt. Happy answered the phone.

#271 Lindsey

Lindsey

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts
  • Interests:Autos.
  • Company working for:U.S. Army Aviation/Civilian CFI

Posted 17 minutes ago

Lindsey

Time to drop your OCS packet in going to the dark side as an RLO. Then you can lock Byteflighter heels. Have you completed your Masters?

No, I've got exactly zero desire to be an RLO, haha.

#272 dukun8ter

dukun8ter

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Human intelligence, law enforcement
  • Company working for:Signal Hill PD Dispatcher and Jailer/Civilian, Reserve Police Officer Lvl 1-D, WOFT Applicant

Posted 9 minutes ago

I'm so excited about signing and swearing in tomorrow I can't even sleep lol. Leaving for MEPS in 3 hours! :)

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

MaunaLoaVRHome200Helmet FX Home 200PrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200HomeColoradoHeliOpsHome200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016Able_VRHOme200DevoreHome200Genesys VR Forum 200HeliHelmets-VR Home