Reverse the Cash Flow!

Why are you here today?

To REVERSE THE CASH FLOW! :lol:

That was the opening line of my CFI checkride last weekend down in Oregon. 20 months, 230TT (PPL, Instr, CPL, CFI), 6.0 in the car, 6.0 with the DPE (2hrs waiting on weather, of course), 1.2 in an unfamiliar a/c at an unfamiliar airport (LOVED both) and a fatty envelope of cash later....I earned my temporary CFI-Heli certificate last Saturday. :) A few more hours in the Instrument trainer and CFII will be the last of the outgoing cashflow for awhile. :D

Phew. It's nice to have my kitchen table clear of debris for the first time in nearly 2yrs. :P

~HG03

Congratulations! Just a word of safety advice...

I was reviewing fatal training accidents on the NTSB website, and almost all of them listed the cause as "failure of the instructor to intervene in a timely manner." Don't be afraid to intervene in too timely a manner. As you gain experience, you can expand your limits.

~Jeff

Hi 03 this is not a bite at you, but Jeffs post is interesting as he says

I was reviewing fatal training accidents on the NTSB website, and almost all of them listed the cause as "failure of the instructor to intervene in a timely manner."(lack of experience??) Don't be afraid to intervene in too timely a manner. As you gain experience, you can expand your limits.

The amount of time getting all the qualifications is fairly low, not enough to get a commercial job, other than as a instructor.

The way the industry works appear to be somewhat strange we put a low hour pilot in charge of a no hour pilot, and then blame the low hour pilot if something goes wrong.

I agree totality with Jeffs remark to get on the controls as soon as YOU feel outside your comfort zone.

Where in Oregon did you do your checkride at?

Checkride at Corvallis.

Hi 03 this is not a bite at you, but Jeffs post is interesting as he says

I was reviewing fatal training accidents on the NTSB website, and almost all of them listed the cause as "failure of the instructor to intervene in a timely manner."(lack of experience??) Don't be afraid to intervene in too timely a manner. As you gain experience, you can expand your limits.

The amount of time getting all the qualifications is fairly low, not enough to get a commercial job, other than as a instructor.

The way the industry works appear to be somewhat strange we put a low hour pilot in charge of a no hour pilot, and then blame the low hour pilot if something goes wrong.

I agree totality with Jeffs remark to get on the controls as soon as YOU feel outside your comfort zone.

The blind leading the blind...just doesn't seem like a good idea, does it. The system is flawed and we all pay the price. I will do everything I can to avoid being one of the statistics. Thanks guys, for caring. :)

Why are you here today?

To REVERSE THE CASH FLOW! :lol:

That was the opening line of my CFI checkride last weekend down in Oregon. 20 months, 230TT (PPL, Instr, CPL, CFI), 6.0 in the car, 6.0 with the DPE (2hrs waiting on weather, of course), 1.2 in an unfamiliar a/c at an unfamiliar airport (LOVED both) and a fatty envelope of cash later....I earned my temporary CFI-Heli certificate last Saturday. :) A few more hours in the Instrument trainer and CFII will be the last of the outgoing cashflow for awhile. :D

Phew. It's nice to have my kitchen table clear of debris for the first time in nearly 2yrs. :P

~HG03

that is fantastic....well done and congratulations! But guess what? You have just become a student again. You will learn more now than anytime heretofore!

Cheers,

Rotorrodent

good job... wow. like the above post, its a new feeling to get paid. I remember my first flight that I got PAID for.. what a awesome feeling, still remember the student and "N" number. have fun!

Ok Em- Cough it up....what ELSE have you got to share ???

Remember the Helicopter group is a very small community !

Congratulations, Goldy