Heli-Expo 09' Roll Call

clay

I already saw the post concerning Heli Expo and the Robbie course coming up, wanted to start a new post about attendees, who will be at the expo. I am flying in on the 22nd from Denver and leaving on the 24th. haven't set up lodging yet because the possibilities of a student coming with and having friends local to stay with. Where is everyone going to be at? a few of the pilots from KAPA are going, Hope to see everyone there!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already saw the post concerning Heli Expo and the Robbie course coming up, wanted to start a new post about attendees, who will be at the expo. I am flying in on the 22nd from Denver and leaving on the 24th. haven't set up lodging yet because the possibilities of a student coming with and having friends local to stay with. Where is everyone going to be at? a few of the pilots from KAPA are going, Hope to see everyone there!

I'll be there Sunday- Wednesday. Here's the other post regarding HAI with a list of a few more attending. I was planning to announce some spot nearby for a Sunday night VR get together when it gets a bit closer.

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.c...showtopic=10629

Goldy

I had scheduled to do the CFI renewal course and attend Sunday through Tuesday, however, I am presently on a contract in Nigeria that went from 30 days to at least 90 plus. So it looks like I will not be going this. We'll see. A lot can happen with contract between now and feb 17th.

You're staying in Woodland Hills (like, oh my gawd, gag me with a spoon!) and driving all the way down to Anaheim?

I'd rather pierce my eyes with knitting needles that endure that commute.

Personally, if I were going to attend, I wouldn't even rent a car. I'd stay at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels, walk to the convention each day, and enjoy Disneyland/Downtown Disney in the evenings.

Hmmm, my annual A-Star touchdown auto recertification is coming due March 7th. Maybe I can arrange to be at Helistream around late February... :ph34r:

Myself and Eagle-1 will be there for most if not the whole show. We will have one of our ships on display at the FLIR booth. Hope to meet some VR people there.

Well then, I'll definitely try to schedule my training for that week.

Would love to go Clay, but I'll be on hitch.

What are you flying there?

Have a good time!

A 737. Blue, Brown, and red.... first class. haha.

You're staying in Woodland Hills (like, oh my gawd, gag me with a spoon!) and driving all the way down to Anaheim?

I'd rather pierce my eyes with knitting needles that endure that commute.

Personally, if I were going to attend, I wouldn't even rent a car. I'd stay at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels, walk to the convention each day, and enjoy Disneyland/Downtown Disney in the evenings.

Hmmm, my annual A-Star touchdown auto recertification is coming due March 7th. Maybe I can arrange to be at Helistream around late February... :ph34r:

Palm,

you are such a snob... have to admit that i love it.

dp

Palm,

you are such a snob... have to admit that i love it.

dp

:o

I was quite serious, actually (excluding the San Fernando "Valley girl" vernacular, of course - I lived in LA through the 80's).

He'll spend 3 hours a day in I-5 traffic driving to and from Anaheim. Instead, he could fly into John Wayne, take a Disney Shuttle to the hotel, and avoid the hassles of renting (and parking) a car.

Just saying...

:o

I was quite serious, actually (excluding the San Fernando "Valley girl" vernacular, of course - I lived in LA through the 80's).

He'll spend 3 hours a day in I-5 traffic driving to and from Anaheim. Instead, he could fly into John Wayne, take a Disney Shuttle to the hotel, and avoid the hassles of renting (and parking) a car.

Just saying...

:-) still laughing when i read your post... no, i totally agree, in fact some of us at Rotors are talking of doing just that! No car needed and so much easier.

dp

You should be supporting your "ABC" (Always Buy Colorado) hometown airline...Frontier.

bfg, sorry to hear that you won't make it. looks like i will, i had planned not to go but caught a meeting on monday.

dp

I am supporting my home state! Texas... South West Airlines. cant beat the prices for a flight. I got a roundtrip for 180, frontier wanted 180 per leg. Hey DP, my flight that I am headed out on is flight 739 to SNA, leaves Denver @ 8:35. See ya on the plane? I am staying at the Best Western 1/2 a block from the convention center.

I'm getting 2 day-passes from a friend who works for FDC/Aerofilter.

Lodging, I'm not sure. My friend works @ Disneyland, and gets discounts on rooms. So, I might stay there. Not sure yet!

But, I'm planning on driving from the SF area down there bright and early Friday morning.

-Tawler

As EC120AV8R said I will be there for the duration. Are we panning a dinner night? Hope to put some VR names to faces. Palm, hope you work it out for Helistream. It will be good to see you again.

Hey Guys-

What Hotel you all recommend near Disney, and close to the convention center? I'll take Palmfish's advice and fly direct to John Wayne airport from Florida.

Thanks