NEW PILOT

DUSTIN_BOATPIX

DUSTIN_BOATPIX

There's a question to which I've never been able to get the answer, so maybe you can help? The last time I was at the website, it said, that for someone who is already a CFI, they have to buy 100hrs to "learn the contract" at $200/hr. After which they are given a 100hr contract.

So, what happens after that 100hr contract is up? Do they get another 100hr contract? Do they become an employee? Or, do they get the "heave-ho"?

Paying an extra 20k for a job is not that outrageous,...if you can keep it until you have 1500hrs.

:huh:

• Like 2

Dude I flew Robbies to build my time like alot of other people. But flying a R22 on fixed floats is the pinnacle of your career? If thats true good for you.... but I'm glad I'll be flying the 407 tomorrow!

fly safe!

• Like 3

So what is your first language?

I was just going to ask the same question, hehe.

I followed his Facebook Boatpix link, and apparently he is the new manager of that profile. This of course explains the gushing reviews and starry eyed optimism usually reserved only for flight school owners and promoters.

I respect Boatpix for actually shelling out the money to advertise on this site, but they shouldn't automatically expect people not to question their business practices and advertising methods.

• Like 3

This whole thread had me cracking up.

Shameless self promotion + cornball advertising = minutes of online entertainment.

Could not have said it better myself. Been a forum guy here since 2003. Flew with BP for 10 hours in 2004. The shameless posts from the "newbie" or folks with 1 total post are comical. Come on, are we to belive that you are now a Commercial pilot thanks to Boatpix / Helicopter Academy and now you are just posting on the forum?

Please stop insulting us and those that are here for some real advice.

The Boatpix stuff is getting absurd. I know they are a paying advertiser but let's try and keep some integrity over here.

• Like 2

Well dustin you've sold me on boat pix. Thats where I want my training since women flash you as you fly overhead. Or maybe thats my thinly veiled sarcasm. What I'm wondering though is does this absurdity work? If it acctually generates revenue then good work. However I disagree with the whole set up and will have nothing to do with it because of that. I don't think the amusement of this is worth it though when I think of the people who don't do they're homework and fall into this trap. I would like to know though what happens after your 100 hour contract. I hope this is'nt your personal attempt to win an extension on it.

Wow...you guys really crack me up...At the end of the day, I enjoy what I do working with Boatpix. Might not be the job you guys like, but I love it!!! You guys are stuck on the double dipping...and there advertises schemes...geez, I travel and fly and travel and fly and take photo's of boating events which I absolutely love...dont care about akk of the negativity you guys are bringing to the table...you should just have the same excitement I do about flying....have fun with your straight and level...omg!!! Sorry to start such a fuss!!! Happy flying guys...sounded like we started of on the wrong LEG....LOL!!!!

Fly Safe,

Dustin

Edited by DUSTIN_BOATPIX

There are plenty of jobs out there that travel and fly. That's basically the life of any pilot. Since most of us fly helicopters, believe it or not, most of us don't fly straight and level. The difference is people make good money at their other jobs(mostly) and most fly much more complex machines than the 22. Boatpix is an "entry level" job and if you haven't done all of your training there then you can't really call it a job since you would have to pay to get the job. Most people have a desire to move forward in their careers and learn more ships and different missions. There's nothing wrong with enjoying what you are doing. I had a great time instructing the 22 but as soon as possible I moved on because the goal isn't to stay at the 1st entry level job presented. Enjoy your pictures, fly safe, and give up on the free advertising for Tom.

• Like 2

There are plenty of jobs out there that travel and fly. That's basically the life of any pilot. Since most of us fly helicopters, believe it or not, most of us don't fly straight and level. The difference is people make good money at their other jobs(mostly) and most fly much more complex machines than the 22. Boatpix is an "entry level" job and if you haven't done all of your training there then you can't really call it a job since you would have to pay to get the job. Most people have a desire to move forward in their careers and learn more ships and different missions. There's nothing wrong with enjoying what you are doing. I had a great time instructing the 22 but as soon as possible I moved on because the goal isn't to stay at the 1st entry level job presented. Enjoy your pictures, fly safe, and give up on the free advertising for Tom.

Just pointing out my favorite parts. Well said.

• Like 1

It's not quite having a "job" if you are the one paying for the time.....

Yep! The true definition of this is, RENTING the helicopter. That is, renting while being told where to go and what to do.. Additionally, money being made for YOUR effort –and money.

This is fools gold…

• Like 5

shill   [shil] Show IPA Slang .

noun

a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.

a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

Dustin, there is no way that you are THAT excited about what you do! I have never seen anyone act as shamelessly as you have been. Look, most on this site know that Boatpix is out there, you aren't revealing some hidden secret that only you have discovered. What you are doing is simple, and we have it figured out. You are using this forum to promote Boatpix, but to a degree that I have never seen before. Let's just pretend that you are being sincere........ok, we got it, you can stop now. If you continue the way you are, we can only draw the conclusion that you are a SHILL. Hell, we all know that anyway. By the way, did you realize that you have been a member of this site for about 2 weeks give or take, and your reputation is........-60!!!!

Lyn, is that some sort of record??

• Like 4

Actually, I was a member months ago under a different name and calling me "shill" really seem s like everyone here has a bad attitude...I am motorcycle racer and now pilot...yes I may be cocky, but for the people on this site continually to downgrade what I am doing an passionate about...is "shill" feel me...could give *^** about being -60..sh*t lets take it to -1000, this is ALL uncalled for and I have done was to meet-n-greet others with the same passion, but this site is ridiculous....I am on many forums and the motorcycles crowd is way tougher than this site..but with reason's, fake ass riders!!! It sad all you haters and the Moderators of the site treat the Helicopter Academy and Boatpix this way....sh*t when 1st came here I noticed Tom's advertisement...IT'S HERE!!! I not getting paid for my excitement in my new career with Boatpix for the advertisement, but I'd say about 90% is so derogatory!!! So explain this to me....PLEASE N THANK YOU!!!

LET'S JUST END ALL THE NEGATIVITY IT'S POINTLESS AND JUST WANT TO MOVE FORWARD...I LOVE FLYING POINT BLANK!!! DIDN'T TRY GET THESE TYPES OF RESPONSES, IT JUST SEEMS LIKE THERE IS A BAD ATTITUDE AROUND HERE...SO IF I HAVE GIVEN THE WRONG IMPRESSION...I APOLOGIZE, OK??? AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ALL LOVE FLYING; JUST DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW!!!

FLY SAFE,

DUSTIN ;(

Actually, I was a member months ago under a different name and calling me "shill" really seem s like everyone here has a bad attitude...I am motorcycle racer and now pilot...yes I may be cocky, but for the people on this site continually to downgrade what I am doing an passionate about...is "shill" feel me...could give *^** about being -60..sh*t lets take it to -1000, this is ALL uncalled for and I have done was to meet-n-greet others with the same passion, but this site is ridiculous....I am on many forums and the motorcycles crowd is way tougher than this site..but with reason's, fake ass riders!!! It sad all you haters and the Moderators of the site treat the Helicopter Academy and Boatpix this way....sh*t when 1st came here I noticed Tom's advertisement...IT'S HERE!!! I not getting paid for my excitement in my new career with Boatpix for the advertisement, but I'd say about 90% is so derogatory!!! So explain this to me....PLEASE N THANK YOU!!!

Dustin,

As a moderator of this site I'd like to point out that up until this point we have done nothing to hamper you posting about Boatpix. We, the moderators have said nothing in support of or against Boatpix. Although they advertise here, that has nothing to do with a moderators job, which is to moderate. In the terms of this forum, we try to keep posts from turning into a mud slinging, name calling, flame war. To the credit of this forum, the moderators have very little to do.

We have allowed this topic to take it's course, and possibly let it go to far. It has been slowly devolving since the beginning, but I won't censor the members opinions, including yours.

Personally, I'm happy that you're happy with Helicopter Academy and Boatpix. I'm glad you were apparently able to get everything out of your training that was promised.

The derogatory responses are because pilots are an opinionated bunch. We have lots of opinions, and we aren't afraid to share them. Most pilots don't care, or even want to know what you think about their opinions. Many pilots feel that Helicopter Academy and Boatpix are running a scam. They don't like the idea that somebody would pay for a job, rather than be paid for a job, since it devalues the services that they are providing. Flying a helicopter is a hard earned skill (monetarily, physically, and mentally), and many seasoned pilots find it insulting for somebody to suggest that their skill isn't worth being paid for.

I am closing this topic since I can't see it heading anywhere other than downhill. Dustin, you are welcome to PM me with concerns.

Edited by PhotoFlyer
  • Like 1