November Selection Board

1. Theres no active military selection board

I didn't even think about that. I'm not sure how it works but I would assume there is a set number of slots per selection period. I don't see why that wouldn't double the amount on the civilian side this selection period.

Don’t know about the rest of you, but my anxiety peaked around 12 EST and has been subsiding ever since. I believe I have subconsciously resigned to not hearing until a later date.

• Like 2

The list for September was twice as big as normal. This was to make up for the November board, or so I have heard. Well, I know for a fact that the list was huge because I looked at it. The number selected is based off of the seats available and I think they have already planned around that. As far as doubling the civilian pick-up rate, I wouldn't know. I hope you get selected and look forward to flying with you.

I'm also pretty sure the active duty slots missing this month were already given out in September. I wouldn't expect this list to double in size. But VR members have a pretty good record, and after seeing the stats posted here, there are at least some of you who can stop worrying.

Funny thing just happened.

Right after I posted my previous message I got a phone call. My recruiter said a Col is going to be calling me either today or tomorrow letting me know if I was selected.

• Like 2

Funny thing just happened.

Right after I posted my previous message I got a phone call. My recruiter said a Col is going to be calling me either today or tomorrow letting me know if I was selected.

That's kind of weird, but better than nothing!

My recruiter said I'll need to go to MEPS next Wed and I should find out when I'm leaving. I know of an AF SSgt that got selected in September and he didn't have to go to Basic, so I'm hoping I will also slip through the cracks, lol.

• Like 3

Got the call!!!! I was selected! MEPS next Tuesday for me.

I have been swamped this morning at work, and missed a call from the station commander. He left a message just letting me know to call him back in a very emotionless voice. When I called he said, "It looks like bad news................................................for all the other applicants, because you were selected!" My heart sank for a second when he said that. lol.

Good luck to everyone else!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I have been swamped this morning at work, and missed a call from the station commander. He left a message just letting me know to call him back in a very emotionless voice. When I called he said, "It looks like bad news................................................for all the other applicants, because you were selected!" My heart sank for a second when he said that. lol.

Awesome!!! Time to add your stats to that Selected thread you made. :P Congratulations!

congrats!!