July 2016 Selection Board

I was waiting at the door of my recruiters office this morning because I wanted to see the list for myself and get the process rolling. Still no word from them!

• Like 1

I GOT SELECTED!!! Hopefully I will get to meet you guys at Rucker! I will meet with my recruiter today and swear in sometime next week. I am beyond excited to start my career in the Army. Basic here I come... ps anyone still waiting your recruiter should have the list it was put out on the 18th. Not sure if that was just the civ list or if it included everyone. But out of 50 candidates 49 were selected 98% selection rate this time around!

• Like 4

I was waiting at the door of my recruiters office this morning because I wanted to see the list for myself and get the process rolling. Still no word from them!

Tell your recruiter to call HRC directly and you should find out. The list has to make its way to each battalion so it may take a day or two.

Also found out I was selected. I have been at this for 1 year 8 months.

Here are my stats

Age 27

ASVAB/GT 99/145

SIFT 71

PT 282

AA in liberal arts plus 60 credits 3.85 GPA

LORs 1 Ret LT. Col in the air force, 1 Ret Naval Investigator, 4 Physicians that are very well known in their field.

No prior flight time

Also needed an HRC level moral waiver for an illegal firework ticket i got when i was 18, Stupid mistake.

Cant wait to sign my contract and hopefully meet some of you in person.

• Like 2

Can someone with access to the list check again for my name with a nq-ns next to it? I refuse to believe that if it was really 49/50 selected, I was the one guy not picked. Was it 49 fq-s 1 fq-ns? Is there a separate page for nq-ns? If I remember correctly, there were 7 fq-ns back in March, did any of those guys get picked up this time around. Last name is Olguin

Can someone with access to the list check again for my name with a nq-ns next to it? I refuse to believe that if it was really 49/50 selected, I was the one guy not picked. Was it 49 fq-s 1 fq-ns? Is there a separate page for nq-ns? If I remember correctly, there were 7 fq-ns back in March, did any of those guys get picked up this time around. Last name is Olguin

I really hope you got selected just so you can go rub it in their face on what a piece of crap that guy is...

• Like 2

Here is what my recruiter just sent me

"Ok they did look at your packet it was late because someone in my chain of command said you was going regular army but it was submitted. The analysis there said it still was not competitive enough and needed more credientials to be eligible. The stuff I was telling you the other day about the pt and the pilot hours and licenses"

How do I contact the WOFT board directly to find out what's going on?

Here is what my recruiter just sent me

"Ok they did look at your packet it was late because someone in my chain of command said you was going regular army but it was submitted. The analysis there said it still was not competitive enough and needed more credientials to be eligible. The stuff I was telling you the other day about the pt and the pilot hours and licenses"

How do I contact the WOFT board directly to find out what's going on?

I effin' knew it... Let me guess, he still thinks it'd be a good idea for you to go ahead and enlist through him and get in that way?

You don't need to contact the WOFT board to know what's going on. You know what's going on. Look at the averages above. This guy's obviously fleecing you. I'd give him the aforementioned verbal hammering for the ages for his unethical behavior, then take my packet to another recruiter who's hopefully competent enough to get in an already-completed packet on time or at least has the balls to admit if he screws it up.

On the bright side, since it was late and the board didn't evaluate it, you shouldn't have to wait to submit it, you should just be able to put it in through another recruiter for the September board. I wouldn't trust that guy to do it tho. He'd probably sabotage your September application just to make it seem like he was right all along.

• Like 1

I effin' knew it... Let me guess, he still thinks it'd be a good idea for you to go ahead and enlist through him and get in that way?

You don't need to contact the WOFT board to know what's going on. You know what's going on. Look at the averages above. This guy's obviously fleecing you. I'd give him the aforementioned verbal hammering for the ages for his unethical behavior, then take my packet to another recruiter who's hopefully competent enough to get in an already-completed packet on time or at least has the balls to admit if he screws it up.

On the bright side, since it was late and the board didn't evaluate it, you shouldn't have to wait to submit it, you should just be able to put it in through another recruiter for the September board. I wouldn't trust that guy to do it tho. He'd probably sabotage your September application just to make it seem like he was right all along.

The Recruiter probably jacked something up, see if someone can send you the list of results if it says that you weren't qualified then its official you have to wait but if your name is not even on the list then I would assume you are good to submit again for the next board.

Yeah I tried checking the HRC MILPER site and there doesn't seem to be a posted MILPER yet for the results. I'm assuming the civilian list is posted on there also. I'll keep checking just in case though.

• Like 1

I called up someone at command, they said they would look into it and call me back. A CW5 who wrote one of my recommendation letters told me it's possible they don't publish the nq-ns folks with the rest of the list, and that would explain my name not being on it. I hope it's some kind of a mix up, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. I admit my grades and resume are not very good, so I'll be ok if I hear back that the initial results are correct, and I wasn't selected.

I am right there with you man. I just want to puke. My recruiter had everything 2 months ago. but then they told me that the BN board was July 20th. Worried about the date I called a LOT of people to be repeatedly told that the BN board was the 20th and the USAREC board was August 8th. Though suspicious I couldn't believe that so many people had f*cked up to give me this weird info and I accepted it. Now watching the celebration on here for the 7/18 board is making me sick. My recruiter is still waiting to hear from the First SGT to get an official answer to all this WTF?!?

Stats for those curious:

GT: 142

APFT: 285

SIFT: 73

LORS: Ret Lt. Col, AD CW2, college Professor.

Bachelor's Degree: 3.0

No waivers of any kind medical stamped.

I am right there with you man. I just want to puke. My recruiter had everything 2 months ago. but then they told me that the BN board was July 20th. Worried about the date I called a LOT of people to be repeatedly told that the BN board was the 20th and the USAREC board was August 8th. Though suspicious I couldn't believe that so many people had f*cked up to give me this weird info and I accepted it. Now watching the celebration on here for the 7/18 board is making me sick. My recruiter is still waiting to hear from the First SGT to get an official answer to all this WTF?!?

Stats for those curious:

GT: 142

APFT: 285

SIFT: 73

LORS: Ret Lt. Col, AD CW2, college Professor.

Bachelor's Degree: 3.0

No waivers of any kind medical stamped.

Sounds about like the Army sadly

Just got off the phone with someone at command, he said someone within my recruiters chain of command sent an email March 17 after the March board stating that I was enlisting. The WOFT guys took that to mean I was no longer trying to get in WOFT, and removed me from consideration. He confirmed my packet was NOT reviewed in the July board. I don't think it was my recruiters fault, somewhere there was a miscommunication between my recruitment center and the board

Also said July board is closed, I have to resubmit for September.

Just got off the phone with someone at command, he said someone within my recruiters chain of command sent an email March 17 after the March board stating that I was enlisting. The WOFT guys took that to mean I was no longer trying to get in WOFT, and removed me from consideration. He confirmed my packet was NOT reviewed in the July board. I don't think it was my recruiters fault, somewhere there was a miscommunication between my recruitment center and the board

Send the command a reply and tell them there was a miscommunication somewhere and you were under the impression the packet was submitted and looked at. Ask them to actually submit it for the September board.

I would go around your recruiter and deal directly with the command at this point.

You need to find a different recruiting station with a different chain of command. Someone was trying to meet their numbers for the month. Doesn't have to be your recruiter. A complete packet that's board ready turned in to the recruiters yet someone thinks you just want to enlist? Highly unlikely. Do yourself a favor and find someone who will have your best interests in mind.