Wear wings on flight suit?

We civis generally don't get wings in flight school (I've only seen one, and I think they only gave them to cfis,...had a little Schwiezer on them), but I really wanted a pair, so I made my own from a blank pair (for airline pilots I guess) that I found at a pilot shop (glued a little R22 on them).

I wear them on my belt as a reminder of the one cool accomplishment in my life,...'course as a lazy civi my shirt hangs out covering them so no one else even knows they're there.

,...but then no one else but me really gives a sh*t that I'm a pilot anyway :)

Sister service here. I'm guessing display of aeronautical ratings are not mandatory in the Army?

Nope. Frankly, the Army really doesn't like anyone special. Well, except SF, Rangers, Airborne, and other unmentionables.

Basically, the Army dislikes pilots.

• Like 4

I'm pretty close to the eligibility requirements for the Master wings and had one of my Guard unit admin guys take notice of my records, then asking me if I wanted to submit for my Senior wings. I was eligible for those years back. Meh, don't care unless it comes with a pay raise.

Nope. Frankly, the Army really doesn't like anyone special. Well, except SF, Rangers, Airborne, and other unmentionables.

Basically, the Army dislikes pilots.

I actually read that on another page... supposedly that was the animus behind getting rid of the flight suits all the other services wear, the bomber jackets, etc. Kinda sad. All hearsay though.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Im confused. The Army hates pilots but allows wings on your flight suit. But its the flight Companies who frown upon wearing your wings...? Weird. If you earned them and you want to wear your wings, do it... Next question.

Its really a non issue and no one cares if you do or dont