September Board

Youre right, it has set me up for where Im going now and I should have worded it different. I honestly wouldnt be anything without my enlistment

What going enlisted will do will give you sets of skills varying on MOS (unless youre 11b like me) and help you in theblong run for your warrant packet. But thats exactly what it is - long. A lot of people are dead set on enlisting and going Warrant but never get the time or are mentally drained by the time they have the time and i feel so bad for them

I understated ya. I'm trying everything I can to go warrant. If that means I ain't selected as a civilian then I'll take the hard path of going enlisted. Although I'd rather not, I believe I'd be able to stick through it until I got warrant. On the other hand, people do get hyped up about stuff and never see through with it because it's too hard.

Youre right, it has set me up for where Im going now and I should have worded it different. I honestly wouldnt be anything without my enlistment

What going enlisted will do will give you sets of skills varying on MOS (unless youre 11b like me) and help you in theblong run for your warrant packet. But thats exactly what it is - long. A lot of people are dead set on enlisting and going Warrant but never get the time or are mentally drained by the time they have the time and i feel so bad for them

Since I just graduated high school, I feel that I'd also have a better chance after I've had a couple years to get AD time, training, and also working on a degree.

Hey, at least your TIS will give you a better paycheck during the process.

And being an 11B is an amazing thing brotha. The most squared away and personable Soldiers I've interacted with have always been/from 11Bs. You better bid the 64 during selection once you get in though.

Hey, at least your TIS will give you a better paycheck during the process.

And being an 11B is an amazing thing brotha. The most squared away and personable Soldiers I've interacted with have always been/from 11Bs. You better bid the 64 during selection once you get in though.

I dont think theres anything I want more than 64s! I was just telling my wife even if 17s and 47s are open Im picking 64 hahaha

Yeah man, I was being pretty salty in the post earlier. Enlisted can have its perks and can make getting selected either much easier or much harder. If you go that way just never forget what you wanna do

It's cool dude. If I do end up going enlisted it'd definitely be in a 15 series job. Probably either 15u or 15t, maybe 15f. I think 15u and 15t would help me more with woft. And 15f would be good once I got out.

It's cool dude. If I do end up going enlisted it'd definitely be in a 15 series job. Probably either 15u or 15t, maybe 15f. I think 15u and 15t would help me more with woft. And 15f would be good once I got out.

Make sure to give your WOFT packet everything you got. Don't rely on the FQ-NS packet you sent in, try making it stronger before the nov board! LORs, APFT, Essay. get it reviewed for competitiveness before the board.

Make sure to give your WOFT packet everything you got. Don't rely on the FQ-NS packet you sent in, try making it stronger before the nov board! LORs, APFT, Essay. get it reviewed for competitiveness before the board.

Will do. My recruiter was talking about his 1sgt didn't wanna let me update my packet. But Imma be calling the 1sgt up in the AM to talk to him. Putting everything I can into it.

Ugh! I want to email or call the recruiter but I dont want to get any bad news over the phone or from someone else... is that irrational or what?

Not at all, had the same mindset but went for it and called. Got the news I was board ready for November so I got the message. Good luck man.

I would wait till you get the results from the November board before considering to leave the aviation field. November will also be during the new fiscal year. I'm not an expert in selection rates but I would assume that chances are higher when the new increased military budget kicks in and no prior slots for the fiscal year had been given out yet.

Called up a WO recruiter today. Told me the USAREC website is for AD applicants and there ain't a civ board till January