January Board

Thought so. My recruiter told me my stuff is due to him by December 2nd.

Im AD but ill be out by January so im going through a civilian board.

Ive heard some say it will help me stand out....others say that it's not what theyre looking for in that board so my packet will go straight into the shredder....

idk

And im waiting on 1 LOR and need to take a photo and PT test but other than that yep all done.

Yeah im not sure what they look for in the civilian board. I've only done my research for the AD board. But nice, all I have left is the SIFT scheduled for Nov 7th and My packet has already been sent to a local CW5 for his initial review before we interview.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 7:05 AM, nil5038 said:

Thought so. My recruiter told me my stuff is due to him by December 2nd.

Im AD but ill be out by January so im going through a civilian board.

Ive heard some say it will help me stand out....others say that it's not what theyre looking for in that board so my packet will go straight into the shredder....

idk

This is interesting. I was prior service but a civilian now. Kind of concerning to be honest.

On 11/21/2019 at 2:29 PM, Crash7051 said:

This is interesting. I was prior service but a civilian now. Kind of concerning to be honest.

dont be concerned. It's either a good thing, neutral thing, or a slight bad thing. In any case there isn't anything you can do about it.

If you have the numbers and dont have enough negatives to undo them, theyll take you.

My stats btw:

SIFT: 61

APFT: 300

College: 2 bachelor degrees, 1 semester of grad work

LOR: CW5 Chinook pilot, 0-5 Navy jet pilot and program manager of navy flight school, Navy E-9 I worked for

Prior Service: 4 years Enlisted Army comms guy, left as an E-5, 2 years Naval Officer, left as an O-2

Flight physical all good

My biggest hurdle is that I attended Navy flight school. Theres a reg against you having attended another branch's flight school then going over to another one. That will be my only waiver that I need

• Like 1

Well, I'm hoping they look heavily on the whole-person concept more than my stats because I cannot improve my age or SIFT anymore and it would be a pretty big pinch to finish my degree in a little over 1 month if I re-enrolled to do it.
Either I submit now and improve the PFT should it not be 300 and/or finish the degree later if FQ/NS, or improve now and submit later. Ideas? Either way, I'm on this train.

SIFT: 53
GT: 131
ASVAB: 98
Education: 80 credit hours in IT, 96 in BBA Management, A+ Cert, Project+ Cert
LOR: USAF/US Customs (Ret.), Army SSG/Naval Contracting Officer (Ret.), Lt Col USAF (Ret.)
NPS
Physical: Stamped
APFT: Awaiting. Also I feel my worst area. All solid whole body strength, conditioning found lacking
Security Interim Clearance: Awaiting

15 minutes ago, actuallyalex said:

Well, I'm hoping they look heavily on the whole-person concept more than my stats because I cannot improve my age or SIFT anymore and it would be a pretty big pinch to finish my degree in a little over 1 month if I re-enrolled to do it.
Either I submit now and improve the PFT should it not be 300 and/or finish the degree later if FQ/NS, or improve now and submit later. Ideas? Either way, I'm on this train.

SIFT: 53
GT: 131
ASVAB: 98
Education: 80 credit hours in IT, 96 in BBA Management, A+ Cert, Project+ Cert
LOR: USAF/US Customs (Ret.), Army SSG/Naval Contracting Officer (Ret.), Lt Col USAF (Ret.)
NPS
Physical: Stamped
APFT: Awaiting. Also I feel my worst area. All solid whole body strength, conditioning found lacking
Security Interim Clearance: Awaiting

Where do you expect your APFT score to fall? Looking at what you got, I am leaning towards asking you to apply sooner than later. I really believe they look at the 'whole person' concept after submitting mine.

4 hours ago, Shibagod said:

Where do you expect your APFT score to fall? Looking at what you got, I am leaning towards asking you to apply sooner than later. I really believe they look at the 'whole person' concept after submitting mine.

Honestly I expect to fall around 230 or 240 due to low sit ups and run time. I can crank out push ups like a madman and crunch for 30 minutes, but I am weak with the upper end of sit ups so I started doing sprint/walk intervals and sit up pyramids. If the APFT was the new PFT the Army's supposed to implement in October 2020, I'd ace that every time, but it's not that right now so I have serious work to do without jeopardizing recovery. If/when I can get 280+ APFT I think I should submit the packet.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:29 AM, Shibagod said:

Why do you say this? What makes you believe they look at the whole person concept and what about your packet makes you feel that way? Kind of want to compare yours to mine I guess.

10 hours ago, aricamp said:

Why do you say this? What makes you believe they look at the whole person concept and what about your packet makes you feel that way? Kind of want to compare yours to mine I guess.

Ever since maybe May of this year up until this board that just happened, I've been obsessed with looking at everyone posting here with their stats and whether they got accepted throughout the threads. Overall, it feels like they are selected people that are strong in various areas.

In the end I don't have any special insight, I'm just a forum poster like everyone else here that wanted to make the jump! Lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luckylife64 said:

Hello January board.

Round 2 for AD board....
FQ-NS for November.

MOS: 0241/0911

TIS: 11y (wavier approved)

SIFT: 48

GT: 122

APFT: 272 Retaking 

LOR: Company CO, BTLN CO, LTCOL F-18 pilot (previous squadron commander), CWO4 HHAF, CWO5 Rucker (Advance Flight school)

Good luck on the 2nd look! Why do you think you were NS??

There’s probably numerous amounts of reasons why I didn’t get selected just like the others out there but honestly I don’t want to create some false-possible for others to question on their own package. I’ve stressed so much about the November board that I thought I was gonna loose my mind. Plus I found out at the beginning of a 24 hour duty lol not ideal time to sit there and think about that...

this is why I wish the board provided some type of feedback on the overall averages of each board.

all I can do is try and Improve On some areas and keep trying to apply. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckylife64 said:

There’s probably numerous amounts of reasons why I didn’t get selected just like the others out there but honestly I don’t want to create some false-possible for others to question on their own package. I’ve stressed so much about the November board that I thought I was gonna loose my mind. Plus I found out at the beginning of a 24 hour duty lol not ideal time to sit there and think about that...

this is why I wish the board provided some type of feedback on the overall averages of each board.

all I can do is try and Improve On some areas and keep trying to apply. 

You didn’t get selected because not everyone gets selected on their first look. I learned that after my first look. I changed and few things in my Resume and was selected on the second look. I honestly don’t even think my resume or packet was the issue. I believe it’s a numbers thing. Once they reach that number, they push everything to next board and they start where they left off on the last board. That’s my theory. If you try to work on anything it should probably be your summary and duty descriptions. It’s frustrating I know but I would say you have a better shot next board than you did on this one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

You didn’t get selected because not everyone gets selected on their first look. I learned that after my first look. I changed and few things in my Resume and was selected on the second look. I honestly don’t even think my resume or packet was the issue. I believe it’s a numbers thing. Once they reach that number, they push everything to next board and they start where they left off on the last board. That’s my theory. If you try to work on anything it should probably be your summary and duty descriptions. It’s frustrating I know but I would say you have a better shot next board than you did on this one.

If that is the case, I am going to submit my packet for January, improve anything and everything should the nonselection hammer hit me, and tuck and roll into the March board packet with updates lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar said:

Thanks Ragnar! Btw I appreciate the help and I’ve  Noticed you’ve helped a lot of us out with this for awhile. If you got any other recommendations or insight it will help.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Luckylife64 said:

Hello January board.

Round 2 for AD board....
FQ-NS for November.

MOS: 0241/0911

TIS: 11y (wavier approved)

SIFT: 48

GT: 122

APFT: 272 Retaking 

LOR: Company CO, BTLN CO, LTCOL F-18 pilot (previous squadron commander), CWO4 HHAF, CWO5 Rucker (Advance Flight school)

you a marine?

first guess was AF and wondered how a lt col found himself in an f18.

So i just found this out today this website, i'm nervous can i get some help to see if my packet has a chance, i believe it will but i do not have any LOR of military people since i'm not close to anyone and opted to do ones that know me well.

Civilian 

Sift: 51

Gt: 115

APFT : 279

LOR: 3 teachers i helped for the 4 years of high school, Ex-boss (civ)

Getting my packet ready for January. Haven’t gotten into anything yet, I’m a civilian. My recruiter wants to rush it for January board, told me next  board will mayybe be in June so better for me to try it out for January and then just enlist if I dont get selected, wait for June  and try again (yea sure). Anyone aware of a board schedule between January and June? Is he just trying to make me fail to enlist and THeENd.?... probably. 
Any chance  to get the whole packet ready in less than two months? I’ve been studying/training for a while and got some Lors on the way. Just couldn’t find an actual recruiter.

thanks

9 hours ago, Silverfox said:

Getting my packet ready for January. Haven’t gotten into anything yet, I’m a civilian. My recruiter wants to rush it for January board, told me next  board will mayybe be in June so better for me to try it out for January and then just enlist if I dont get selected, wait for June  and try again (yea sure). Anyone aware of a board schedule between January and June? Is he just trying to make me fail to enlist and THeENd.?... probably. 
Any chance  to get the whole packet ready in less than two months? I’ve been studying/training for a while and got some Lors on the way. Just couldn’t find an actual recruiter.

thanks

NO DONT RUSH IT, you wont have not even nearly enough time to do everything by jan board, you can do the march or may board

• Like 1