203 replies to this topic

#201 DocHolliday316

DocHolliday316

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 16:40

Civilian board over and done with! I received a 71/75 with full recommendations and good review notes.

The hardest part was sitting with my hands flat on my legs and my feet flat. It's hard to not use your hands when you are trying to confidently answer a question. My board was made up of two ROTC officers (LTC and captain) and the recruiting captain. 

I was expecting the first question to be general where I could tell them about myself and hit a few of my points. Instead I was asked to name 3 achievements I was proud of from school which threw me off for a minute.

• Flylo Ren likes this

#202 DesertBird

DesertBird

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:54

Congrats on your successful board!

Mine is tomorrow. I hope it goes just as well.

False alarm, postponed until Nov. 9th

• Flylo Ren likes this

"Let us not postpone anything, let us engage in combats with life each day." - Seneca

DB

#203 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:56

I had my board interview for the National Guard last weekend. Was actually notified of my selection by the guy who encouraged me to join and pursue aviation. President of the board called him with the results and told him give me the news in person. Pretty neat moment.
  • Jberto89 and Flylo Ren like this

#204 Flylo Ren

Flylo Ren

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 16:59

Congrats!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

MaunaLoaVRHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016HeliHelmets-VR HomePrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200HomeHelmet FX Home 200Genesys VR Forum 200DevoreHome200