20 replies to this topic

#1 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:18

Now that the September board is in the books and some of us have received the FQ-NS, time to start the November board thread. Here's to hoping the 2nd time's the charm!

#2 Duckhawk

Duckhawk

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:27

Here and waiting! haha Two months to go!  :lol: 

• Itsmickyd likes this

#3 amr2120

amr2120

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 14:00

How do you know you were NS?

#4 wwlandon7792

wwlandon7792

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 16:23

Anyone know the submission deadline for packets? My battalion board interview is on Nov 1st and Im wondering if Ill be able to make it.

#5 Natedo60

Natedo60

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 17:00

Jumping on board the Nov train. Let's hope we can get it on that 2nd look.
  • Itsmickyd likes this

#6 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 19:35

How do you know you were NS?

I called the warrant recruiter and she looked me up by social and DOB

#7 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 19:36

Anyone know the submission deadline for packets? My battalion board interview is on Nov 1st and Im wondering if Ill be able to make it.

Not sure about civilian packages...November 1st seems to be cutting it close for the board on November 26-30
  • wwlandon7792 likes this

#8 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 21:34

For those who want help with your essay shoot me a pm. Or post it here. Im no English major but Im glad to help with what I can. Im always about paying it forward

#9 Natedo60

Natedo60

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 22:38

For those who want help with your essay shoot me a pm. Or post it here. Im no English major but Im glad to help with what I can. Im always about paying it forward

Sent you a PM
  • Spiffy_cup_of_coffee likes this

#10 Brickle

Brickle

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 22:48

I was NS for September board as well. Though I never got a call from the Battalion Commander to confirm that I was actually FQ/NS..... So my recruiter is just tracking the next board and he's gonna let me know if I'm on it or not.

I wonder if it being the end of the fiscal year had anything to do with the lower selection rates of the September board?....

Here's to round 2!

#11 XIIGage

XIIGage

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 23:53

For civilians you can put in the packet pretty late. I made the September board and didn't put my packet in until around September 13th

• wwlandon7792 likes this

#12 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:06

I was NS for September board as well. Though I never got a call from the Battalion Commander to confirm that I was actually FQ/NS..... So my recruiter is just tracking the next board and he's gonna let me know if I'm on it or not.

I wonder if it being the end of the fiscal year had anything to do with the lower selection rates of the September board?....

Here's to round 2!

The fiscal year idea makes sense...By that logic, November should be deep! 🤞🏻

#13 Seminole

Seminole

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:12

Awest called a WO recruiter and was told there are no civilian board dates till January.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
  • Itsmickyd likes this

#14 Willhp

Willhp

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 13:06

Awest called a WO recruiter and was told there are no civilian board dates till January.

For as long as I have been following the boards, civilians have always been boarded at each convening board. After talking with a friend that works for the Warrant Officer recruiting team, he said that he hasnt heard that they are not boarding civilians and doesnt see why they wouldnt board them on the November board. He said should be business as usual with boarding both AD and civilian applicants.
  • Seminole likes this

#15 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 15:22

He commented on the September thread that he is indeed board ready for the November board so I think his recruiter was pulling his chain
  • Seminole likes this

#16 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:18

Does anybody know if there is a maximum number of LORs Active Duty can include in their packets?

#17 Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

Spiffy_cup_of_coffee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:27

Does anybody know if there is a maximum number of LORs Active Duty can include in their packets?

6 to include the mandatory 3.

so you get 3 bonus LORs. Make them count

• Itsmickyd likes this

#18 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Company working for:US Army

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:04

The advice I got back in the day when I asked about the number of LORs is remember the selection board has about a handful of minutes to look through each packet. So make sure you sell yourself as quickly as you can. So you can send in 6. But 3 strong LORs would be better than 6 mediocre ones. Or if you have a couple that are weak may be better to just send the best ones. Just food for thought.
  • Itsmickyd likes this

#19 kramey90

kramey90

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:51

I'm here for my second look as well. I like to believe the fiscal year has something to do with it as well! Either way, I'm reworking my resume, upping my pt score, and have a new senior warrant recommendation going into my packet and looking over my packet. Here's to hoping that we all do a little better in November!

#20 amr2120

amr2120

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 20:09

I'm here for my second look as well. I like to believe the fiscal year has something to do with it as well! Either way, I'm reworking my resume, upping my pt score, and have a new senior warrant recommendation going into my packet and looking over my packet. Here's to hoping that we all do a little better in November!

I really hope you are right! Hoping to see some of us from the Sept board selected next month!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WOFT

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

BE_VRHome200LORD_VRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200Praetor_Home200NFCVRForum200HomeHeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200