I'm really interested to know if the slots from the cancelled March board will carry over to the May board or if all the slots for March have been cut. It could have no effect at all or be doubly hard to be selected in May.

I would imagine that the March board slots are now gone. The slots that were allocated for the May board will now have twice as many applicants. Otherwise, what would be the point of canceling it? Just to move the slots out two months? I don't think so.

I would imagine that the March board slots are now gone. The slots that were allocated for the May board will now have twice as many applicants. Otherwise, what would be the point of canceling it? Just to move the slots out two months? I don't think so.

Unless they are hoping Congress will get their act together by then? It could just be a way of them putting it off until everyone knows more.

Although that's most likely just wishful thinking on my part. The rational side of me says that you're probably right.

This is exactly what I imagine is going on. It doesn't cost the Army any money to put on a board. What costs the Army money are the numbers of slots they grant during the boards. Therefore, all slots allocated for the March board are simple gone and the number of slots for the May board will likely remain the same, only with more applicants.

Does anyone have an approximate idea of how many active duty applicants applied to the March board and will now be automatically placed on the May board?

Edit: I'll repost this in the May 2013 Active Duty Board thread on here.

I bet it a couple hundred, considering that you have all new applicants, AND all the FQ-NS's from the January board.

This is exactly what I imagine is going on. It doesn't cost the Army any money to put on a board. What costs the Army money are the numbers of slots they grant during the boards. Therefore, all slots allocated for the March board are simple gone and the number of slots for the May board will likely remain the same, only with more applicants.

This is actually false. It does cost the army money to put on the board. They pay for all expenses of board members attending as well as extra pay while they are there.

Furthermore, the board was cancelled due to TDY pay being cut, which is temp duty pay...which is paid to board members while on the board.

I spoke just this morning with a CW5 who was scheduled to be on the board. Due to TDY pay being suspended and the lack of applicants on this board they saw it unfit to convene when they could roll slots over.

The budget is there. The slots are there. I think May will be fine.

• Like 3

The march warrant board was not cancelled. All other warrant MOS are being boarded. 153A, specifically, was cancelled due to the very publically realeased information in regards to flight slots.

However, we are both simply posting what we have heard. If there is a 70% selection rate in May I will buy you a coke.

The march warrant board was not cancelled. All other warrant MOS are being boarded. 153A, specifically, was cancelled due to the very publically realeased information in regards to flight slots.

However, we are both simply posting what we have heard. If there is a 70% selection rate in May I will buy you a coke.

I am simply relaying information from a CW5 who is actively a part of WOFT boards.