How could there be a lack of applicants though... there are at least 75 FQ-NS from the January board who were going to be looked at on the March board, plus i'm assuming at least as many new applicants for the March board. Will all of the FQ-NS guys from January who just slid into the board with the AFAST now have to take the SIFT in order to be looked at for their second time on the May board?

How could there be a lack of applicants though... there are at least 75 FQ-NS from the January board who were going to be looked at on the March board, plus i'm assuming at least as many new applicants for the March board. Will all of the FQ-NS guys from January who just slid into the board with the AFAST now have to take the SIFT in order to be looked at for their second time on the May board?

That, I don't know. "Lack" is in relation to the average number of applicants.

As for the January individuals. I think it would be in their best interest to update their packet with a SIFT score given they have an extra two months. If you can meet the standard "qualified" then why not make the effort?

I can't remember which thread was asking whether Inter-Service Transfers were boarded against AD or Civilian applicants so I'll just throw it in here. I was talking with my buddy who transferred from the NAVY and he said he went on the Civilian board. I tried looking for anything official but he's the only source I have. I know this conflicts with what was said on the boards before. Hopefully someone could find something in writing.

Im active duty AF and I was boarded with civilians. Then at MEPS after I was selected they told me that was wrong(how did no one catch that through the entire civilian process) and I would have to put together an AD packet. Fun waste of 10 months.

Now, if he has less than 6 months until his ETS he can do the civilian side but he will go to BCT.

Im active duty AF and I was boarded with civilians. Then at MEPS after I was selected they told me that was wrong(how did no one catch that through the entire civilian process) and I would have to put together an AD packet. Fun waste of 10 months.

Now, if he has less than 6 months until his ETS he can do the civilian side but he will go to BCT.

That is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe that was allowed to happen and they didn't just automatically put you on the next AD board.

They did grant me an exception to policy letter to board in January, I got my packet submitted early January.

You would think when I went to the battalion board for my interview they would have realized that this was wrong.

I thought the board members were suposed to be commisioned officers of at least the rank of Captain. I have never read or heard anybody mentioning a CWO in any of the boards.

And how many applicants is enough applicants?

The Lt Col who called me with the results mentioned several times that there were a lot of applicants for Jan board and that very few were selected..

I thought the board members were suposed to be commisioned officers of at least the rank of Captain. I have never read or heard anybody mentioning a CWO in any of the boards.

And how many applicants is enough applicants?

The Lt Col who called me with the results mentioned several times that there were a lot of applicants for Jan board and that very few were selected..

Hellfire you are thinking of the battalion boards. Warrant Officers are definitely part of the USAREC WOFT boards.

I heard that the SIFT score does not go in your packet for civilian board. The board just knows you past it or your packet would not be in front of them. I found this out after I took and submitted mine.

That is absolutely not true. It is definitely one of the documents that goes in front of the USAREC board.

Warrant Officer Application Checklist

All documents should be single-sided copies and in the following order:

Name: ________________________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board Packet (These copies should be clean and neat in appearance–they will make up your board

packet being reviewed for your selection):

___ DA Form 61 (with valid HT/WT and APFT statement, signed as shown on the web site example)

___ Senior Warrant Officer Letter of Recommendation (CW3-CW5)

___ Company Commander Letter of recommendation (or applicable Company Grade UCMJ authority)

___ Battalion Commander Letter of recommendation (or applicable Field Grade UCMJ authority)

___ Resume (USAREC Form 1935)

___ ERB or equivalent document (used to verify DOB, GT, AFS, and ETS)

___ REDD Report/GT Conversion (Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine, and Navy applicants)

___ Evaluations (All NCOERs(up to ten years worth) and all AERs (1059s) in order newest to oldest)

___ College Transcript(s)

___ COPIES of Professional Certificates (Licenses or Certificates issued to Engineers, Mechanics, etc.)

___ SIFT Results (153A applicants only)

___ DA Photo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporting Documents: (These documents are required to qualify your packet, but will not be

reviewed by the board)

___ Security clearance verification memorandum (Prepared by S2 or facility security manager)

___ Physical Coversheet USAREC Form 1932 (Technicians -expires after 24 months). If waiver or exception to policy required, applicant needs to include complete physical.

___ DD 2808 with stamp from USAAMC, Ft. Rucker (for 153A and 150A applicants)

___ DA Form 7434 - Application for US Army Marine Certification (880A, 881A)

___ DA Form 160-R (ensure that you sign it and block 9a is checked)

___ Statement of understanding (a copy of this memo is on the web site)

___ Conditional Release - if required (Enlisted personnel from the Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, USAR, NG and US Army commissioned officers)

___ Commissioned Resignation Memorandum - if required (for US Army Commissioned Officers)

___ English credit document - If required (255A, 255N, 420A)

___ TABE score document - if required (255A, 255N, 880A, 881A, 920A, 920B, 921A, 922A, 923A)

___ Body Fat Content Worksheet - if required (If you do not meet height/weight standards set in AR 600-9)

___ Moral waiver request - if required (as identified in blocks 26 on DA Form 61)

___ Age waiver request - if required (max age is 33 for aviators, 46 for all others)

___ Prerequisite waiver request - if required (verify with MOS on web site)

___ AFS waiver request - if required (12 years for all MOS)

___ APFT waiver request -if required (must include current Physical Profile, complete Physical, APFT score card)

___ Re-enlistment documents - if required (ERB does not show 12 months remaining on current contract)

___ Remaining Hard Copy documents from OMPF not included on your ERB (awards, certificates)

___ Entire Packet administratively reviewed by a Warrant Officer (WO1-CW5)

REVIEWER (printed name and title): ________________________ SIGNATURE:_____________________

___ Checklist endorsed by PSB or S-1 NCO (E5 or above) validating soldier is not flagged or barred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section to be completed and authenticated by PSD/MPD personnel or the Battalion S-1/S-1 NCO

I certify that service member is not flagged and is eligible to apply for this program. I have verified all NCOER/AER.

CERTIFYING OFFICIAL (printed name and title): _________________________________________________

SIGNATURE: _________________________________________________ DATE: ______________________

DSN PHONE #: _______________________________COMM PHONE #: _____________________________

EMAIL: __________________________________________________________________________________

Applicants must send their packets as a PDF attachment via e-mail or by use of the Digital Sender,

(file size restricted to 5mbs or less per transmission) to NewWarrantPackets@usarec.army.mil

Check your application status on-line at www.usarerc.army.mil/hq/warrant after allowing 5 – 10 business days for processing. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

That is true. However, the results will still show your score, so that may vary well swing the board members to select/deny the applicant based on their score.

Not what I heard. They use to see scores but since switching to sift, they just know you passed or your packet would not be in front of them. I only heard this because I wanted my afast score replaced with my sift and was informed it is now irrelevant.

I know this much for sure; recruiters are given the average test scores/gpa/apft/etc of those selected for each board. To say recruiters see this information but the board doesn't would be a stretch, I think. And, in my opinion, if it were a pass or fail test then what's the point in a score at the end? Shouldn't it just say "You've passed." instead?

It doesn't matter.

Let's say you are told that the board does NOT see your SIFT score (other than that you passed). Does this mean anyone should not try their best, or study any less? Go ahead if you want. Except that, as we all should know, these things change constantly. So you decide to just "pass" and settle for a score that is just "good enough." What happens when all of a sudden things change and the board suddenly does see your score?

Let's look at the flip side. You decide to disregard that the board might "only" see that you've passed, but you bust your ass anyway to do as well on the SIFT as you possibly can. The board only sees that you've passed. Oh well, you didn't lose anything except maybe the effort you put into studying. No big deal in the grand scheme of things. However, if things change and suddenly the board does see your score, aren't you gonna be happy as a damn clam that you studied?

Of course I'm over-analyzing this--that's what I do. But it's pretty straightforward to me: bust your ass, always. You never know when it might pay off and you can always say "well, at least I did as well as I possibly could have."

By the way, I am working on a massive (yes, it is MASSIVE) study guide for the SIFT. I'm talking hundreds of pages. Overkill? Definitely. Do I care? No. I won't post it publicly on the forums but I will make it available to people who PM me when I am done with it. I won't be finished until I personally take the SIFT and can add things to it. It will not have specific questions that were on the test, but it will have general "comments" taken from various forums from people who have publicly posted comments on the SIFT, as well as relevant pages from the ARCO and BARRON books so that you can study smarter, not harder. I am fully aware that the SIFT is an aptitude test, but in my opinion, preparation and determination are aptitudes to be measured.

Never settle.

(By the way, ftxag76, none of that was aimed at you.)

• Like 4

I dunno about civilians but for AD after you complete the SIFT they give you an official letter from the DOA they print out stating you took the test on this date and this location and scored a __ on the sift test...we have to submit that with our packet, so I dont see why they would not see your test score especially since it is an aptitude test and a higher score is suppose to suggest a better chance at successfully passing the flight program...just my thoughts

I didn't get a print out yesterday, but the guy was adamant about making sure I had seen my score. I'm assuming the results can be printed by the recruiter, as its mandatory for the packet.

Great, that just mean its another thing I have to rely on the recruiter to do properly and in time.

It doesn't matter.

Let's say you are told that the board does NOT see your SIFT score (other than that you passed). Does this mean anyone should not try their best, or study any less? Go ahead if you want. Except that, as we all should know, these things change constantly. So you decide to just "pass" and settle for a score that is just "good enough." What happens when all of a sudden things change and the board suddenly does see your score?

Let's look at the flip side. You decide to disregard that the board might "only" see that you've passed, but you bust your ass anyway to do as well on the SIFT as you possibly can. The board only sees that you've passed. Oh well, you didn't lose anything except maybe the effort you put into studying. No big deal in the grand scheme of things. However, if things change and suddenly the board does see your score, aren't you gonna be happy as a damn clam that you studied?

Of course I'm over-analyzing this--that's what I do. But it's pretty straightforward to me: bust your ass, always. You never know when it might pay off and you can always say "well, at least I did as well as I possibly could have."

By the way, I am working on a massive (yes, it is MASSIVE) study guide for the SIFT. I'm talking hundreds of pages. Overkill? Definitely. Do I care? No. I won't post it publicly on the forums but I will make it available to people who PM me when I am done with it. I won't be finished until I personally take the SIFT and can add things to it. It will not have specific questions that were on the test, but it will have general "comments" taken from various forums from people who have publicly posted comments on the SIFT, as well as relevant pages from the ARCO and BARRON books so that you can study smarter, not harder. I am fully aware that the SIFT is an aptitude test, but in my opinion, preparation and determination are aptitudes to be measured.

Never settle.

(By the way, ftxag76, none of that was aimed at you.)