Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Soooooo, I have to say... I am incredibly jealous of all of you selectees who will be shipping soon ... that is all ... Ok not really lol. Congrats to everybody here. Sticking it out on my end for the November board hoping not to be a two time NS. My only moral blemish was a shoplifting charge for pennies I had over 15 years ago but it still required me to submit a moral waiver and the major at Battalion who notified me of my NS status said that everyone with a moral waiver was automatically passed over as a NS... :( Hoping November goes differently.

Soooooo, I have to say... I am incredibly jealous of all of you selectees who will be shipping soon ... that is all ... Ok not really lol. Congrats to everybody here. Sticking it out on my end for the November board hoping not to be a two time NS. My only moral blemish was a shoplifting charge for pennies I had over 15 years ago but it still required me to submit a moral waiver and the major at Battalion who notified me of my NS status said that everyone with a moral waiver was automatically passed over as a NS... :( Hoping November goes differently.

Hopefully you get picked up!! IF, however, they pass you up again because of the moral waiver, don't give up. Reapply in 6 months. Things change quickly. Stay motivated!

Thanks Lindsey! My 33rd birthday is January 2014 so this will be the last attempt possible unless I submit an age waiver and I'm not sure the success rate of those. This whole process has been a bend but never break and never quit process. Good luck to you in BCT and WOCS. I lived at Rucker for 20+ years as the son of a W5. Miss that place. Hope I'll see you back there when I get my news!

• Like 1

Thanks Lindsey! My 33rd birthday is January 2014 so this will be the last attempt possible unless I submit an age waiver and I'm not sure the success rate of those. This whole process has been a bend but never break and never quit process. Good luck to you in BCT and WOCS. I lived at Rucker for 20+ years as the son of a W5. Miss that place. Hope I'll see you back there when I get my news!

Absolutely submit the age waiver. I know of several who have done it successfully!

Your source?

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_faq.shtml

****UNLESS THIS ONLY APPLIES FOR ACTIVE DUTY*** What do you think? AD or everyone?

Q: What happens if I am not selected?

A: The names of all personnel considered by a board are published in our web site. If you are not selected by the first board that considers your application, your application is designated Fully Qualified - Non-Select (FQ-NS) and will be reviewed by the next board that convenes for your requested MOS. If you are not selected after a review by two boards, your application is designated Non Competitive/Non Selected (NC-NS). You will NOT receive notice of the reason for non-selection. Board members vote using the “whole person” concept and do not indicate a reason for non-selection. You should look at your entire packet to determine if it could be improved. Applicants twice non-selected for the WO Program must wait 12 months to re-apply.

I tried to find it with no success. I hope your right! Gives me more opportunities if am non-select twice. I pray that you are correct!

What did you try to find? Just google "AR 601-91."

I'm picturing that scene from Inglorious Bastards where they're in the bar and he uses the wrong fingers for Germany and everyone gets destroyed.

"Oh so Redpatcher wants to think this is the freakin Navy right?! Run! Run that way now!"

• Like 1