May 2014 WOFT Board

I didn't get in. Not sure why. I had the highest test scores out of everybody on this thread and highest GPA. I guess no prior military service or flight experience did me in. Congrats to everybody who gets in. It's a great career. You're going to love it.

Maybe your LORs weren't strong enough? Don't have time to go back and see who you got them from, but I know the board puts a ton of weight on them. Plus, it's not all about the rank of the writer (though it is important). The content is crucial.

I didn't get in. Not sure why. I had the highest test scores out of everybody on this thread and highest GPA. I guess no prior military service or flight experience did me in. Congrats to everybody who gets in. It's a great career. You're going to love it.

Sorry to hear that, that sucks. I'm still waiting for my verdict.

I had great LOR's. One police chief, two CW4 active duty pilots, and one retired Major who was a pilot in the army. The letters were stellar. I wasn't accepted on the last board because my PT score was only 198. I got it up to 255 for this board in about 6 weeks. I thought that would have been a testament to my determination. Guess not.

I had great LOR's. One police chief, two CW4 active duty pilots, and one retired Major who was a pilot in the army. The letters were stellar. I wasn't accepted on the last board because my PT score was only 198. I got it up to 255 for this board in about 6 weeks. I thought that would have been a testament to my determination. Guess not.

Hmm, not sure then. Are you certain your 255 was updated in the system? Regardless, don't get discouraged and keep improving your packet. You can reapply in 6 months so make it count. Believe me, 6 months is nothing in the big scheme of things.

I'm looking at the memorandum now. Here's some statistics.

Total applicants: 25

Selected: 13

Not selected: 12

Average scores of selectees:

GT: 123

GPA (college): 3.12

Apft: 261

Sift: 54

# high school diploma: 4

# associate: 0

# bachelors: 7

# grad degree: 2

Any info on the AD, Civilian split?

Sounds like perhaps your PT didn't get updated or like Lindsey said your LORs weren't that good....don't know man but I honestly would avoid commissioned officers for LORs, not taking anything away from then as aviators or officers, just I would think a CW4/5 LOR holds more weight over a MAJ/LTC.

Sorry, Blackhawk :( that frickin blows. Like Lindsey said, don't quit!! Definitely get back in there!!

Thanks for the info, Magnus. Interesting metrics.

I'm not home yet to check for the MILPER message. That memo is just for CIVs I believe. I'm not sure where to find the AD metrics.

I don't know for sure if my PT score was updated. Here were my stats:

ASVAB: 98, GT: 137

SIFT: 65

Bacherlor's degree: GPA 3.4

APFT: 255

I had two active duty CW4 pilots in my LOR's. So, I don't know what I have to do. All of my scores were above average except PT. And that was only 6 points under the average. So, I'm not sure what they want from me. I guess I have to already know how to fly a blackhawk and already be a commissioned officer to get in.

I have the full list... But I don't wanna go posting names up on a public forum. If you pm me with your name I can tell you whether or not you got picked. (Civilian board only).

PM sent

The memo I got was for civilian board only. It seems that they got more selective this board with just over a 50% selection rate.

I think there was just double the applicants which made it drop. It looks like they are picking up right around 13 applicants per board.

• Like 1

APFT: 215 (around there)

School: Junior in college with 2.9 GPA

ASVAB: 86 GT: 121

SIFT: 59

Flight: 55 fixed wing VFR

LORs: Academic advisor, Pastor, Head of a Non-Profit here in town.